BSoD 116

Technical Support
Hello there, since 2 weeks ago I keep having a weird problem, my PC randomly crashes ( screen goes off and the sound gets all messed up, even random shut downs / restarts ) when I play anything ( WoW , Diablo , etc . ) heck even browsing google or youtube.

All my drivers are up to date , did a clean install of the GPU drivers , using Driver Sweeper to remove the old ones , installed the new ones on and on, but the problem still persists, anyways, I've ran out of ideas, the GPU still seems to work, it's idle temp is under 25 , full load doesn't goes past 60. It's just that, it randomly crashes.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1048

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8003BA94E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800FA18828
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\121014-23103-01.dmp
C:\Users\ReKoN\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-62384-0.sysdata.xml

Tell me if I need to provide more info and stuff.

Thank you.
halp.
Hello,

We've seen this be related to issues with the GPU before, to test this, could you try a stress test with Furmark:
http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Let us know what happens.

Let me know how I'm doing!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Lurdlespor
10/12/2014 11:11Posted by Lurdlespor
Hello,

We've seen this be related to issues with the GPU before, to test this, could you try a stress test with Furmark:
http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Let us know what happens.

Let me know how I'm doing!
[url]https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Lurdlespor[/url]

Okay so, I've ran furmark for 15 minutes, no artifacts,no crashes, the max temp was around 74 with 44% fan speed.
Should note, the GPU is GTX 760 MSI 2GB twin frozr OC edition.
bump
Check the memory sticks instead.
Bluescreen often caused by memory errors, sometimes by errors writing to the harddisc.

If you have several (I hope) remove all but one and check.
Then add sticks until problem occurs again. Then you know which one is the problem.

Also check the windows logs. Application and System ones.
10/12/2014 21:58Posted by Bumbalur
Check the memory sticks instead.
Bluescreen often caused by memory errors, sometimes by errors writing to the harddisc.

If you have several (I hope) remove all but one and check.
Then add sticks until problem occurs again. Then you know which one is the problem.

Also check the windows logs. Application and System ones.

No problems with the sticks so far, any other suggestions?
I feel silly even metioning it. You checked the CPU temp aswell?
If not that I could recommend disabling/uninstalling Antivirus/Antimalware applications just to check the function.
Also disconnect any extra hard drives exept for the one you have your OS on.
Tried the antivirus thingy before, CPU is 30-35 degrees in idle and under 70 in full load.
I have same problem. It started last week (after this small WoW patch - about 200mb). I'm getting blue screens when I'm in Garrison (I got it once on character choosing screen). Usually it is not more than once-twice a day even thou I play almost all day and I'm raiding. It is strange because on raids, large cities etc everything is just fine.

Moreover I turned on my HS yesterday to pick up free cards packs and I got blue screen when I was afk there.

I have quite new gaming laptop with Nvida GTX 675M. Blue screen code is 116 so I thought it should be connected with my graphic card. Updated all drivers etc but I'm still getting those blue screens.

Sometimes everything is fine and I play all day without it. Sometimes I'm just turning my game on to pick up my garrison orders and I get blue screen.

I already google it and as far as I saw lots of people (usually with Nvidia GTX) is experiencing same thing and there is no fix available. Some people try to reinstall whole software, others just reinstall wow however in all cases it helps for a day or two.

Blizzard please help! :(
11/12/2014 13:41Posted by Squatine
I have same problem. It started last week (after this small WoW patch - about 200mb). I'm getting blue screens when I'm in Garrison (I got it once on character choosing screen). Usually it is not more than once-twice a day even thou I play almost all day and I'm raiding. It is strange because on raids, large cities etc everything is just fine.

Moreover I turned on my HS yesterday to pick up free cards packs and I got blue screen when I was afk there.

I have quite new gaming laptop with Nvida GTX 675M. Blue screen code is 116 so I thought it should be connected with my graphic card. Updated all drivers etc but I'm still getting those blue screens.

Sometimes everything is fine and I play all day without it. Sometimes I'm just turning my game on to pick up my garrison orders and I get blue screen.

I already google it and as far as I saw lots of people (usually with Nvidia GTX) is experiencing same thing and there is no fix available. Some people try to reinstall whole software, others just reinstall wow however in all cases it helps for a day or two.

Blizzard please help! :(

I have exactly the same problem, but please, don't hijack another person's thread.
I'm not hijacking your trade m8 :) I just wanted to show you that not only you have this problem. Maybe when blizz will realize that lots of people encounter it recently they will finally fix it. I'm quite sure that our problems are connected with battle net.

I thought it will be helpful if I will share my experiences here :(
11/12/2014 23:56Posted by Squatine
I'm not hijacking your trade m8 :) I just wanted to show you that not only you have this problem. Maybe when blizz will realize that lots of people encounter it recently they will finally fix it. I'm quite sure that our problems are connected with battle net.

I thought it will be helpful if I will share my experiences here :(

It's not related to battle.net at all, it's a BSoD code related to the GPU or it's drivers, but since I've did a clean install of every driver I have, cleaned again the PC, reseated the memory and the GPU, uninstalled the VGA driver, reinstalled it again, nothing helped so far, the problem also happens when browsing the internet or letting the computer stay idle.

I'm quite sure that the problems aren't related to Battle.net or even any Blizzard's game, since it persists and affects me or possibly you too, with everything that we're doing, no matter gaming or browsing youtube or whatever you might be doing.

Oh and I don't really get why you wanted to show me that since you posted your own error in my thread, please make your own thread and wait for an answer like I'm doing.

I also know that I'm not the only one with these problems, there are tons of other threads on the internet and stuff, it also happens at random moments like I've mentioned earlier, but none of those threads offer a working fix to the problem so I've decided to try my luck here in the hopes that someone who had the same error fixed it.

Sorry if I come off sounding like a douche, but don't blame the error on Battle.net when it's clearly not Blizzard's fault.
same here , my pc started to freez 5 days ago when i was playing wow, i tried everything , getting ol drives , deleting spybot , windows update , run the repair .

now i cant even login anymore , bnet errors, weird grafical stuff on the screen .

sigh ....