Glyph of Ghostly Speed Ninja Nerfed - Shaman

Shaman
12/12/2014 06:44Posted by Nevera
Was a very handy way of moving quick in indoor old raids, rip

So is disengage with the + movement speed talent.

how about not being able to disengage indoors unless you are in combat
This needs to be reverted immediately. This whole expansion has been a fiasco for shamans, and now they are taking away our single good addition. Why not remove Far Sight and Water Walking as well?
This glyph was so useful in my garrison and for running around lengthy instances. I really don't get the reasoning behind the nerf and it feels like yet another thing taken away from shamans without anything given back in "compensation". Please reconsider!
It was nerfed because people where using it to exploit a boss fight in highmaul, but Blizz didn't need to nerf it completely, they should have just made it not work inside current content raids.

/sign
12/12/2014 17:05Posted by Bambosa
It was nerfed because people where using it to exploit a boss fight in highmaul, but Blizz didn't need to nerf it completely, they should have just made it not work inside current content raids.

/sign

But it didn't work when in combat, unless you could leave combat during the fight *shrug*
Guys, if you feel that you need this to mine in your garrison or anything.

Just use Ghost Wolf before entering the mine or any places, the buff stays..

#REKTBLIZZARD
12/12/2014 16:24Posted by Oktharr
12/12/2014 04:55Posted by Sunbrand
There goes the last fun thing about shamans!

Also, i've noticed a lot of people defending the nerf by saying 'hurr even druids cant use travel form indoors! You can still use ghost wolf indoors!"

Are these people forgetting that druid cat form has a 30% movement speed increase and they can use it indoors and use their abilities while in it?
This nerf has literally made me want to stop playing. I mean, the fact that Blizz slapped shamans hard into the ground already and now this? Are they intentionally sabotaging our class? Because it certainly feels that way. Seems that they are intent on removing absolutely every class ability that made any class unique.

What is the point of your rants? Start demanding FFS. They DONT CARE wether or not you like it.

Actually they must care. When they changed the default loot system in dungeons back to Need Before Greed enough people complained that they changed it back. The difference is this time they don't even have a preliminary reason for the change, it's just retarded.
Great! Fantastic! Good job! Brilliant! Marvelous! Wonderful! Never seen such a needed nerf before in my whole life as this one.

Just keep shaman's tightly suppressed in a container and makes sure the lid is safely secured.

I bet shaman tears comes with alot of salt.

Just remove the glyph all together I won't be using it ever again.
This change actually annoyed me enough that I am making my first post in years on these forums. What is the reasoning behind this change?
This is nothing but solid proof that blizzard are still holding that pathetic grudge about the whole 'bus shock' thing from vanilla. There was absolutely no reason to nerf this glyph, so i see this as absolute proof that blizzard just hates the idea of shamans being a viable class. When my sub runs out, i won't be coming back.
I think its really bad nerfing something after a month, when people already got used to this glyph and how it works,
It destroys your gameplay and how you play. For me this game is not as fun now after the glyph nerf and that is never a good thing..

Atleast give us some sort of compensation when you do this kind of stuff to an already broken class
Yes - I got used to it.
Yes - I loved running old raids and instances using it. On Wednesday I did 10 raids and 13 instances and enjoyed it. No more of that.
Yes - It felt like the only super nice thing this class had.
Yes - Every time I now use Ghost Wolf after teleporting to an inn or to my garrison I feel like I'm in a slow motion film and I hate every second of it.
Yes - I liked being able to drink after a mana exhausting battle in an instance and still catching the group while the ninja tank or hunter already starts pulling the next group too early.

This is the first major deal breaker for me in WoW. It may seem insignificant to some people, but it just changed my perspective about the whole class from positive to negative and I hope someone at blizzard was able to feel how I feel about this. I'm actively looking for a new main class now, the bad things just keep on coming for shamans. Can't say I haven't thought about quitting after this too. Hate it.
I see a lot of posts comparing ghost wolf to druid travel form. Shamans are NOT druids, why compare the 2 classes? If we want ghost wolf like travel, then just get rid of Shamans all together and lets all be happy tree huggin' druids!
I like diversity and I want the ghost wolf glyph to be restored.
As someone commented on a similar US thread, druids can stack speeds and I can reach 157% indoor in my cat form. With dash I can pass the speed of an epic mount.
Point is, druids have an alternative to travel form, shamans don't. So why take away their only means to keep up with the rest of the speedy classes? Do you enjoy waiting on the resto shaman lagging in the back?
12/12/2014 17:05Posted by Bambosa
It was nerfed because people where using it to exploit a boss fight in highmaul

Funny how a "hotfix" to solve 1 problem, spoils the fun for hundreds of players because it totally castrates the ability nerfed.! L2Patch damn it, and stop ravaging everything with your trigger-happy nerf-machineguns!
I especially hate to log on and with no warning find that my character is now less interesting than when I logged out.

Just to make things clear, how is a shaman running at 190% speed exploiting anything? Can't fight in ghost wolf, and as soon combat starts, recasting ghost wolf drops it to 130%... so please, do enlighten me!
12/12/2014 03:56Posted by Nyoken
Why nerf this.... why? I don't get it... can't use it in bg, can't use it in combat.... just a fun glyph... why nerf it even more...

+1, it makes absolutely no sense to nerf it inside indoors. It's now another useless glyph, because, if you are outside, you mount up. Simple as. It was fun to use it in your mine, or in raids when it was a wipe, or anywhere where you gain absolutely NO gain from it PvE or PvP wise.

I seriously hope this is reconsidered and this change revoked, because this was really a low blow.
13/12/2014 08:04Posted by Атиеш
see a lot of posts comparing ghost wolf to druid travel form. Shamans are NOT druids, why compare the 2 classes? If we want ghost wolf like travel, then just get rid of Shamans all together and lets all be happy tree huggin' druids!
I like diversity and I want the ghost wolf glyph to be restored.
As someone commented on a similar US thread, druids can stack speeds and I can reach 157% indoor in my cat form. With dash I can pass the speed of an epic mount.
Point is, druids have an alternative to travel form, shamans don't. So why take away their only means to keep up with the rest of the speedy classes? Do you enjoy waiting on the resto shaman lagging in the back?

It makes me incredibly mad when a fckr droid comes to a shaman thread and spreads his wisdom, that shamans arent droids, so why compairing them.....WHY? because to achieve balance, we need to compair things (in this case classes), thats why....
157% indoor speed is op as fck, whats more, as feral u can use your other spells....shamans dont. And there are several other things what explain why droids are FoTM and shamans wont be ever.
You know, we are otherwise compairing, coz we pay the same amount to this broken sh1th0le game, just like u and other FoTM players, but we cant enjoy anymore the game, due Blizzard ruins our main.....OUR MAIN!!!! Shaman is our main like droid is yours (or whatever), and we wish to play with OUR MAIN, not other classes....thats why we cant bow to Blizzard and reroll to another char....
meh -.-
Time has arrived to unsubscribe...
This is a horrible "fix" and I really hope they can come up with something better, this glyph was one of the best features of WoD. Bring it back!
So apparently this is a fix to prevent that HM exploit. AND if there was or will ever be an outdoor raid where the same bug can be exploited they can just REMOVE THE OUTDOOR BUFF TOO YEY THAT'LL MAKE THE GLYPH FUN AND BALANCED.