Night elf male

Customer Support
I am beyond disgusted by the animations, especially the running one. I demand the old model animations to be restored or a free gender change... please....
I can't even report this in a ticket, have to do it via forums.... really, disappointing!
Hey Атиеш,
We're unable to handle suggestions through the customer support forum, if you have an idea for an improvement to the game it needs to be submitted in game so that it gets to the right department.

It's also going to be important to remember that although you will not receive a response to your suggestion it will be passed on.

08/12/2014 06:32Posted by Атиеш
I am beyond disgusted by the animations, especially the running one.

When I first logged into my male night elf druid, I can honestly say, I felt the same way. Thankfully I can just remain in cat form as a druid when I need to run because really, it reminds me of that episode of Friends with Phoebe jogging in the park.... *cannot unsee*
Druid is not my only night elf male. I am mainly talking for my priest. Right now I have a dozen costumes lined up... but is this really neccessary? I just want the old model running animation back... please! /petition
Hey Атиеш,
We're unable to handle suggestions through the customer support forum, if you have an idea for an improvement to the game it needs to be submitted in game so that it gets to the right department.

It's also going to be important to remember that although you will not receive a response to your suggestion it will be passed on.

I tried to write a ticket, but I keep being redirected to WoW forums or wowhead.com. So that is why I am here. Give me a more specific route on how I may speak to a representative able to give me a gender change (at least for my priest) or lets me use old running animations.
08/12/2014 23:56Posted by Атиеш
I tried to write a ticket, but I keep being redirected to WoW forums or wowhead.com. So that is why I am here. Give me a more specific route on how I may speak to a representative able to give me a gender change (at least for my priest) or lets me use old running animations.

You cannot get a gender change for free and a GM is not able to change the game for you so you get the old models. At most, if you don't want to pay for an appearance change, you'll need to use the old models as Saikura mentioned above.

There's no specific route to speak to anyone about that, they don't give free changes like that.
So Blizzard devs kept saying how they want to keep the models' "feel" the same, but improve the detail and such... so who's beer idea was to give night elf males monkey hopping animations? Ridiculous.... atrocious....
Instead of messing up what was working fine before, how about we get some more realistic sheathe and unsheathe animations, and why is my character nailed stiff to my mount's saddle? Ever seen a rider in RL? Apparently not...
Looks fine to me, much better than the stiff and terrible animations that was before. If you are not pleased with the new models, then use the old ones. Would not be fair if they changed the new ones now when some people are pleased with them.
09/12/2014 01:46Posted by Merwanor
Looks fine to me, much better than the stiff and terrible animations that was before. If you are not pleased with the new models, then use the old ones. Would not be fair if they changed the new ones now when some people are pleased with them.

Turning old models on would make every model old, not just night elves.
The dislike of night elf running animations isn't new, people have been complaining about it since WoD came out, and they're not wrong. It feels like you're a puppy, hopping around waving your arms left to right as you go.. Not sure what they were thinking when they made night elves run like this. The other races are fine though.
It seem to have an odd bounce to it that I don't like.
When BC first came out, and I bought my Lv70 wyvern (basic horde flying mount), the character sat up straight as the mount galloped on the ground. One of the early patches broke this animation and introduced a pendulum swing to the character, especially terrible as tauren female (my current character at the time). I complained and raved on forums and wrote many tickets... the issue was only fixed in one of the last patches in Pandaria. This is how long Blizzard takes to improve or fix an animation flaw. They just DO NOT CARE!
I expect the night elf male crap run to last until this game dies... still doesn't stop me from ranting at how terrible this looks! The floppy "My Little Pony" tails on the new talbuk are even worse. Seriously, can we please have a game with somewhat realistic animations? What is up with the monkeys hopping around and childish floppy tails on mounts?

EDIT: And let's not ignore the (can't even find the word) string of cloth moving at light speed on the frostwolf clan NPCs. This could induce some serious seizure....
08/12/2014 10:29Posted by Saikura
System > Advanced > Show old character models

Thats not a solution, i for one, love the visual appearance of characters, but i absolutely despise the running animations because they are completely different from the original, like completely nothing like em.I care for animations of my character than any other feature,.
So because i hate one animation im suppose to turn off new models and look at bunch of ugly players and NPCs around me? Please...don't make a fool of yourself.
09/12/2014 21:07Posted by Deadfist
I care for animations of my character than any other feature,

Glad I am not the only one.

WoW may get many things right, but model design, spell effects and especially animations are by far the worst I have seen of games to date. After getting a taste of similar games that have much more realistic and "flowing" animations than WoW, it is hard to come back to this. And when I waited 10 years to see new models, and end up with not something improved, but something just plain out different (and not in a good way), I do wonder... is this the best Blizzard devs can do? Please, recruit some artists that have a clue how to animate even the most basic actions - like sheathe and unsheathe a weapon, or ride a mount.
ok i looked this thing up because i thought you were probably some kid with too much time...
well...
excuse me but i think the devs smoke more semi-legal substances than i do.
11/12/2014 00:15Posted by Bloodhilt
the devs smoke more semi-legal substances than i do

For sure... and then some!
Textures of the new models are great, however as mentioned before the animations aren't. Everyone has his own opinion but I see that most players agree that it looks weird or what so ever. It's not actually an update if you ask me, more like a complete remake of the night elf male. This might be obvious to a lot of ppl but anyway.
Moving on, the new guys standing animation looks like he's drunk and is gonna fall on his nose every moment, totally different from the old ones which had an imposing look.
Remember the wide shoulder length of the old models? Now they are just squished together which does not look anything like the old model, shoulder pads are still huge tho.
Another thing I noticed was their neck. If you take a look from the side you can see that the neck is kinda strange... the head is pushed forward and the neck is not straight.
About the running animation... It simply does not look right. After the 6.0 fix it kinda looked accaptable but is still sort of stiff, hard,... Casting animations look pretty much the same so nothing to say here.
Same goes for female night elves, they are atrocious..

And probably won't get fixed - ever.