Selling virtual items for virtual cash.

Customer Support
Hello,

I see loads of people advertising with 'special' items which they try to sell to people in the trade chat. I actually find it smart. I'm wondering; is it considered cheating or is it illegal by Blizzard's terms of use?

I tried finding it on the forum, but after being busy with this for about 1 hour and 30 minutes I stop with searching and I just write a topic here. Maybe the terms of use can be put somewhere on a better-to-find place? Please someone answer this questions since my realm is crowded with people making money this way:

- Is it illegal making gold by selling a World of Warcraft Trading Card Game card?
- Can Blizzard put a hold to these people making easy cash IF it's illegal (question to Blizz).

I'm gonna sell my TCG cards also if it's legal. But if it's illegal I like Blizzard to put a hold to this since I see people earning alot of cash with it and I kinda wanna do it myself too.

Thanks for answering and happy gaming all!
Your NOT allowed to sell ingame things for real money but as the cards is physical outgame items theres no EULA telling you you cant sell them.

Dont even think about selling your account as the CD whit a serialnumber is a "physical item" cause Blizzard still own it, you only kinda rent it for awhile :p
Reminder: Real vs. Virtual Transaction Policy
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900641025
In short, you are not allowed to trade anything in-game for anything out-of-game, EXCEPT when you are trading directly with Blizzard.

However, many of the TCG cards give items that don't soulbind until used. In these cases, the item is an in-game item, and can be sold for in-game gold.
I like to have a solid answer on this question. Anyone more feedback? Loads of people on my server earn cash with offering a loot card for ingame gold... Blizzard don't seem to care about it and I can get those cards via Ebay and I would love to sell one of 'em ingame...

My own opinion is that it isn't fair but it's smart, and if other's do it I like to do it too if it's legal. Thanks for answering guys.
Technically, you can sell any item that is in-game for in-game currency. If you get a loot code and the item is BoE, it will be considered an in-game item. However, if you try to sell the code itself for in-game gold, that would violate the terms as the loot card is a physical item that's not in-game.

That is how I have understood the rules concerning your situation at least. I hope a blue can clear it up if my explanation is false or otherwise incomplete.
22/12/2010 8:04 PMPosted by Alderim
Technically, you can sell any item that is in-game for in-game currency. If you get a loot code and the item is BoE, it will be considered an in-game item. However, if you try to sell the code itself for in-game gold, that would violate the terms as the loot card is a physical item that's not in-game.

That is how I have understood the rules concerning your situation at least. I hope a blue can clear it up if my explanation is false or otherwise incomplete.

Your explanation is correct. The loot cards and the codes off them are considered physical items and are off limits, but once the code has been redeemed you get an in-game item that can be sold for in-game gold, if the binding restrictions permit it.
Tutti is right.
So if i'm correct:

-Selling a guest pass key from SC2 for 350g to someone in the trade chat is illegal?
-Selling the code of a card not BoE is illegal?
-Selling the code of a lootcard which is BoE is legal?
<removed due to outdated information>