so
ill be quick
download starts and after 10-15 seconds i get message
"whoops looks like something broke, give it another shot" i tried reinstalling
didnt help
run as admin. didnt work
repair .. didnt work

oh and i also tried disabling my security software also didnt work : /
Go to settings, and under Network Bandwith try to lower your Future Patch KB/s, I had to lower it, the crash/error still happens but at least it runs for about 10 mins when at 100 KB/s.
I wouldn't do that . Set it to Zero and let it do its job . I would remove p2p but first you need to realise the patch downloads are more to do with Battlenet and not the game .. When installed yes .. Until then leave the game alone..

what fixed it for me was to uninstall Battlenet totally then type %appdata% into the "search programs and files" at the bottom of start .

Then open the Roaming folder that comes up and delete the Battlenet settings folder inside
( ever wondered why some non server side settings are saved even after a full delete ? .. That folder is why ).

You can always move your wow install then move it back ( Keeping a fresh untouched save of it in case of future problems) your Battlenet Launcher will ask where to look for your wow install so no need to wait hours for it to reinstall. I always just drop mine into C: after a clean like this .. not into sub folders..

In The Battlenet settings for your games you can add a tick so downloads of patches continue while you play.. I would only recommend this if you have a decent bandwidth.

i would like to mention .. when reinstalling the Battlenet app. Take your time check the region make sure its Europe if you are in Europe .. before clicking next :)

Finally when its installed right click the Battlenet icon go down to the bottom where it says properties click advanced and put a tick in where it says run as admin. I also do this witrh the Warcraft icon
22/02/2015 20:15Posted by Visionist
"whoops looks like something broke, give it another shot"

This is a known issue which is being investigated;
http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/16410201150#1

23/02/2015 08:08Posted by Séverance
I would remove p2p

Blizzard beat you to it; Peer-to-Peer is no longer available. :)
Hello,

Just to confirm the above, we are looking into this, and in some cases restarting the desktop app and removing the Cache folder, may resolve this issue:
battle.net/support/en/article/delete-the-battlenet-cache-folder

We apologise for the disruption.

Let me know how I'm doing!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Lurdlespor
I wouldn't do that . Set it to Zero and let it do its job . I would remove p2p but first you need to realise the patch downloads are more to do with Battlenet and not the game .. When installed yes .. Until then leave the game alone..

Except if left on ZERO it won't do its job. There's nothing wrong about changing numbers, and it's a temporary fix. I tried everything else and nothing else works. Anyway, let's hope it gets fixed soon.
23/02/2015 10:19Posted by Lurdlespor
Hello,

Just to confirm the above, we are looking into this, and in some cases restarting the desktop app and removing the Cache folder, may resolve this issue:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/delete-the-battlenet-cache-folder?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=solution" class="bml-link-url2">battle.net/support/en/article/delete-the-battlenet-cache-folder</a>

<a href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Lurdlespor

Just want to confirm that this has worked for me just now, as I was getting the original error mentioned by the OP as well
23/02/2015 10:19Posted by Lurdlespor
Hello,

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/delete-the-battlenet-cache-folder?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=solution" class="bml-link-url2">battle.net/support/en/article/delete-the-battlenet-cache-folder</a>

<a href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Lurdlespor

Just want to confirm that this has worked for me just now, as I was getting the original error mentioned by the OP as well

That didnt work for me but closing Utorrent did. I hope they are not trying to use the idle bandwidth or something. It eventually started downloading.
23/02/2015 14:05Posted by Missfrosty

Except if left on ZERO it won't do its job. There's nothing wrong about changing numbers, and it's a temporary fix. I tried everything else and nothing else works. Anyway, let's hope it gets fixed soon.

Actually you are wrong .. setting it to Zero tells the downloader to work as fast as your system can manage by not throttling it.. also you don't leave it on zero .. you set it to zero .. its default state is 100Kbs i believe ..

The only thing "wrong" with lowering the number is the resulting slower download.
Mine isnt downloadin at all, just says " updated to version 6.0.3 19342. " no sign of any new patch there =( my settings should be fine aswell, been checking them 10 times now.
24/02/2015 11:02Posted by Séverance
23/02/2015 14:05Posted by Missfrosty

Actually you are wrong .. setting it to Zero tells the downloader to work as fast as your system can manage by not throttling it.. also you don't leave it on zero .. you set it to zero .. its default state is 100Kbs i believe ..

The only thing "wrong" with lowering the number is the resulting slower download.

You are adding nothing new to what I already stated. Also, like blue post stated, background downloader is supposed to be super slow download. Worked fine for me lowering it's speed, downloaded all already, no crashes. Stop trying to be smart butt.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You are adding nothing new to what I already stated. Also, like blue post stated, background downloader is supposed to be super slow download. Worked fine for me lowering it's speed, downloaded all already, no crashes. Stop trying to be smart butt.

Again you are unfortunately wrong .. Its not " supposed to be a super slow download " The maximum speed download setting is available for a reason .. If setting it to slow works for you that's fine .. however i added way way more info than you said. that's also fine :)
Also the blue post does not mention that its supposed to be a super slow download .. Your insult is just showing me the level of your intelligence.. rather like your posts .. :)
24/02/2015 16:00Posted by Séverance

Again you are unfortunately wrong .. Its not " supposed to be a super slow download " The maximum speed download setting is available for a reason .. If setting it to slow works for you that's fine .. however i added way way more info than you said. that's also fine :)
Also the blue post does not mention that its supposed to be a super slow download .. Your insult is just showing me the level of your intelligence.. rather like your posts .. :)

I have no reason to make stuff up. Here from blue post on US forums:

"The Background downloader is designed to move very slowly so that it has minimal impact on your network." You can double check it on this link - > http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16412171068?page=2#23

Anyway, the issue is resolved and patch 6.1 will be up in a couple hours (Europe). Have fun!
As this is no longer an issue, I'll close the thread down now.

Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Please click here to give me your feedback on this post!