resto sham or?

Shaman
is the resto shaman an easy class to heal for PvE? Im looki g to roll a healer and the shaman seems to most fun for me but what is the easyest healing class?
Seems you already have a druid. Maybe go with that? They are verry powerfull a.t.m.
bit of a messy rotation there are not as many procs as paladin- and shammy healers are not bursty single target healers so check your expectations. but really fun class to play. priorities: put rip tide on as many targets as you can ... totems/rain of heal - drop it like its hot
Chain heal - when you get 2 stacks of tidal wave use healing wave (tidal wave reduces cast time) / healing surge (fast expensive spell, tidal waves increases crit) depending on how much you want to heal.
There are lots of things to keep track of and keep up and use in optimal ways or at exact perfect times. I wouldn't call it easy at all.
I'm learning shaman healing, and I have so many cooldowns, I have yet to develop reflexes to use all of them properly. It is much easier with my priest for example, where I have one group cooldown, and one tank cooldown.

I'm having a lot of fun on my shaman, but I would not classify the class as being anywhere near "easiest." Druid might indeed be a better choice. Fewer cooldowns, powerful healing so might be more forgiving to mistakes, and decent survivability with leather armour and personal damage reduction cooldown that is available every minute.

16/02/2015 15:52Posted by Khagalat
Chain heal - when you get 2 stacks of tidal wave use healing wave

It reads as if I'm supposed to use it only when I have 2 stacks. But the number of stacks only means you get that many improved casts, it's not like having more stacks makes the cast time of Healing Wave even shorter, is it?
16/02/2015 18:08Posted by Kalistess
It reads as if I'm supposed to use it only when I have 2 stacks. But the number of stacks only means you get that many improved casts, it's not like having more stacks makes the cast time of Healing Wave even shorter, is it?

You get 2 stacks straight away anyway
Thoughts of rolling Shaman?

Unsub.
16/02/2015 18:08Posted by Kalistess

I did say use them depending on how much healing is needed. True as you said; it enhances both spells in terms of cast time (healing wave) or crit (for healing surge).

gear wise have at least 15 percent crit but mostly focus on mastery for enchants as you really need loads of crit for resergence to make a difference mana wise.
Stick to druid they are OP and ceo play's druid which future proofs playing druid even more.

As shaman Like ulgoroth sai'd if you plan to roll one just unsub.