Anyone else incredibly bored with WoW?

General
For me it's mostly because:

- Uninteresting new dungeon/raid settings for the second expansion running (Not that I've been much a fan of PvE anyway but still)
- After the ability revamp/stat squish various classes have stupid rotations
- Dead world, everyone sitting in their Garrisons waiting for ques/AFKing
- Only viable way of progressing in PvP is Arena which I highly dislike (Ashran being a failure)
- Very little fun in leveling alts as it's too easy with weak mobs and dungeons being 5 minute facerolls
- This is supposed to be MMO but there's very little interaction with other players these days
- No World PvP (hasn't been for a long which is sad)

Agree/disagree? Why?
Yes, i played for a long time = many years and Always when i login i can't seem to know what to do honestly.
I have multiple accounts so i do stuffs like old content farming twice or more a week for rare stuffs, some gold farming and that's kinda it.

I have mainly just lowered my time in wow during the past 2 years and moved on to other platforms and games.
But yes as i said, i am pretty bored in wow atm mate.
For me it's mostly because:

- Uninteresting new dungeon/raid settings for the second expansion running (Not that I've been much a fan of PvE anyway but still)
- After the ability revamp/stat squish various classes have stupid rotations
- Dead world, everyone sitting in their Garrisons waiting for ques/AFKing
- Only viable way of progressing in PvP is Arena which I highly dislike (Ashran being a failure)
- Very little fun in leveling alts as it's too easy with weak mobs and dungeons being 5 minute facerolls
- This is supposed to be MMO but there's very little interaction with other players these days
- No World PvP (hasn't been for a long which is sad)

Agree/disagree? Why?

I can't say that i'm actually bored ,but i admit i do afk alot while being logged in .
But that's mostly because i surf the internet and do other stuff at the same time.Not so much because of the game itself . I don't raid ,so can't speak of raiding ,i do mostly pvp and in some zones ive noticed there are actually alot of pvp'ing going on (which used to be kinda empty).
Im actually happy if someone kills me, or they try to because i miss that alot (except for the usual bg's etc)
Also , the reason it feels kinda slow ingame atm is because my friends list is kinda empty (people i know in real life are mostly gone ,or they raid alot ;) so i'm basically just "alone" most of the time :)

But ! At least now i have my new friend Pepe lol ! :D
I felt weird, took a break of nearly 2 months.
Came back, wanted to carry on with WLK content on my 2nd loremistress (never gonna finish...).
Figured I'd like to level up my leather characters.
Realised it would be more practical to 90-100 my two plate tanks.
Also want to do a WoD quest playthrough on my priest, already 100 and "raiding".
Having some Highmaul farming to do, although missing early-MoP difficulty in LFR.
My night elf hunter & draenei shaman are crying in the corner, they didn't get to play MoP quests through even. I'm starting to feel guilty.
Pally tank & resto druid sounds fun someday, too...
Last but not least, thanks to this 50% P2W 50% story DLC called WoD, now I can solo Cata raids & MoP 3-5 mans, so this paladin here has lots of exploration opportunities. Also having a few fragments of Val'anyr...

=> I'm not bored. Take a break if you are, and come back once you have motivation to do something :)
Nope, I'm not bored with WoW. I was this time last year. In fact, this time last year I had already unsubbed and stopped playing right up until just before the expac came out.

Since coming back I no longer spend hours and hours each day on WoW. I often reach the end of the week and still have a bunch of things I need to do before the weekly reset.

Not saying I agree or disagree with your points though. I haven't done any PVP this expac so far. I keep meaning to go to Ashran but the queue puts me off. I find some of the dungeon settings interesting. The raid bosses have been good mechanics-wise (on some of them) but I won't pretend they are terribly exciting to look at. :P
Wasn't bored to start with levelling my first one even though it was a fairly easy process, however it was slowed as I took the time to explore as well.

My 2nd through to and including the 9th. Was progressively more boring as there was no need to explore and the quests and places to visit were already known.

Garrisons is where it really got far more boring, 9 level 3 garrisons take a lot of maintaining plus you realise with that many garrisons you can make just as much if not more just sat in your garrison.

No flying adds to the boredom (but we won't go into that).

I could have levelled another rogue as I have a 91 human one. Also could have brought back from the dead a 90 human paladin. But that would result in even more garrisons.

But anyway I'm hardly in-game now.

Edit: Also before patch 6.1, my highest pets were 2 level 10's, now I have something like 58 level 25s.
I'm not bored at all, I actually have too many things I want to do.

- Pet battles and pet collecting.
- Archaeology.
- Fishing to get Nat Pagle as a follower.
- The new Harrison Jones dailies to get him as a follower.
- Leveling alts, both in Draenor and before that. With some I try to find unconventional ways to do it to make it interesting and different from usual.
- Achievements.
- Making transmogs and collecting the parts.
- Still need to finish the garrison campaign.
- Treasure hunting.
- RP.
- Dungeons.
- LFR.
- Ashran.
- Random/rated battlegrounds sometimes.
- Been meaning to try HM Normal for a while now, and BRF Normal.

The list goes on. :)
12/03/2015 01:01Posted by Poly
The new Harrison Jones dailies to get him as a follower.

[/quote]

Problem with Harrison Jones is, he's not a gnome.

Out of 9 inns yesterday, I only hired 1 character, of course it was a gnome.
  • Apply follower upgrades and recycle the missions
  • Recycle the work orders and daily profs
  • Decide on whether to do the mine or herbs today
  • Decide on whether to do a crystal daily
  • Blingtron
  • Daily pet battle
  • Log off
  • I know there is more I could do, but the rest of it loses out to other games/activities for effort vs reward.
    12/03/2015 03:08Posted by Critta
  • Apply follower upgrades and recycle the missions
  • Recycle the work orders and daily profs
  • Decide on whether to do the mine or herbs today
  • Decide on whether to do a crystal daily
  • Blingtron
  • Daily pet battle
  • Log off
  • I know there is more I could do, but the rest of it loses out to other games/activities for effort vs reward.

So basically you are not doing end game pve or pvp.The content is there,if you refuse to play it ( or dont like it) its a whole different story.

As for OP how about you post with your main so we can actually see what you have done in this game and you find it so boring now.WIth all the respect all the "bored" post are from below level 10 characters which is highly suspicious.
    12/03/2015 04:32Posted by Kurosu

So basically you are not doing end game pve or pvp.The content is there,if you refuse to play it ( or dont like it) its a whole different story.

As for OP how about you post with your main so we can actually see what you have done in this game and you find it so boring now.WIth all the respect all the "bored" post are from below level 10 characters which is highly suspicious.

As I said, it's the whole effort vs reward thing. I never said the content wasn't there, this isn't about lack of content for me, It's about how I want to spend my free time. I'm more of a rep grinding player but even the rewards for that are fairly poor at the moment and are more about collections than progressing your character.
    No, if I was bored, I would not be here paying for the game, as so many other people here seem to be doing.
    12/03/2015 04:58Posted by Critta
    12/03/2015 04:32Posted by Kurosu

As I said, it's the whole effort vs reward thing. I never said the content wasn't there, this isn't about lack of content for me, It's about how I want to spend my free time. I'm more of a rep grinding player but even the rewards for that are fairly poor at the moment and are more about collections than progressing your character.

Fun is a reward. For me.
    Indeed, garrison activities are probably the most efficient thing out there, but I consider them a bonus. Only doing it on 2-3 characters (main + what I play that day).
    The thing is, while they are the most efficient for casuals like me, they aren't as good if you put effort into something else. 1000g a day - more from AH. Nice gear upgrades? Sure, but raiding / pvp would provide more. Tons of herbs, ores... true, but I don't need those.
    I agree, I've literally nothing to do right now.
    12/03/2015 05:28Posted by Cerid
    No, if I was bored, I would not be here paying for the game, as so many other people here seem to be doing.

qft
    This expansion seems to produce feelings of apathy in alot of people.
    Blizzard are gambling alot on the fact that it doesnt have any real competitors in the market....the day someone comes out with a more appealing MMO I think alot of people will jump ship.
    I do enjoy this expansion, and the content therein. For example in LFR I go on top of this conveyer-belt and then lie on it. It's one of those details they put in the game that I like. Also do I make screenshots and then later on try to recreate a fingerpaint of the image on my iPad mini.
    12/03/2015 08:43Posted by Steamtech
    This expansion seems to produce feelings of apathy in alot of people.
    Blizzard are gambling alot on the fact that it doesnt have any real competitors in the market....the day someone comes out with a more appealing MMO I think alot of people will jump ship.

I don't need Another MMO Game to change ship . I've already moved on to Another ship "FPS Games" but i haven't left wow in the dark yet, i have only reduced the time i spent in it drasticly
    WoD is like a new game in an existing game. If you buy a lvl 90 character, you will never need to go elsewhere to lvl up professions or anything. I don't understand why they have chosen to undermine Pandaria and all the rest. I have a Loremaster achievement and don't care for PvP, and now that I've run through Draenor, there is not much else to do. I've had a lot of alts, even purchased ones, but have deleted almost all...what's the point in doing the same over and over again. I suppose my WoW-days are coming to a close.
    No world pvp? You can find plenty, in every map.