WoW player died after 19 hours of playing

General
What did he do for 19 hours straight? I don't think there's even 19 hours of content in this expansion right now.
08/03/2015 00:15Posted by Grimfeld
What did he do for 19 hours straight? I don't think there's even 19 hours of content in this expansion right now.

Youre right there isn't, even raiding takes a fraction of it ;p
08/03/2015 00:15Posted by Grimfeld

he was probably enjoying the game and not complaining on the forums.
Read books for 19 hours; die. Ban books.

Sit and watch TV for 19 hours; die. Ban TV.

Sit down at the work office for 19 hours; die. Ban work.

Ya see where I'm going with this. Not to mention that 19 hours really isn't anything extraordinary in terms of periods of non activity. He clearly had other health issues that were merely exacerbated by his prololonged inactivity.
Probably died of boredom sitting in his garrison.
This is what he looked like before he died.
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/2/4/1/5/5/1/a3789515-32-cartman-wow-sunder.jpg?d=1297215330
07/03/2015 11:37Posted by Toklo
Someone died while playing the piano once.

Obviously we should limit the time people play the piano to benefit their health

Pretty much this. So rare to even care, he probably had underlying health issues.
Dont sit still for 19 hours, if you feel your body starting to numb get up and walk around nobody should be sitting still for 19 hours even sloths get up to find food.

The guy just had bad survival instincts.
Every year, more people die from slipping in their shower than from shark attacks.

And most definitely more than who die completing a final faceroll on their keyboard. As others have said - other health issues, sleep deprivation, dehydration, malnutrition, any number of things combined must have contributed to the person dying. Doesn't make it any less tragic, but I'd say there are more sensible areas to assign blame than on a computer game...
08/03/2015 21:03Posted by Maz
Ban work.
Nothing to do with WoW, would they say the same if he was reading for 19 hours?

Besides, I spent a good 40 hours playing throuh ff8 (Best. Weekend. Ever.) Getting up to get food/drink and going to toilet ofc.
And this year's Darwin Award goes to...

08/03/2015 23:32Posted by Devarra
The guy just had bad survival instincts.

This.
It's Ozzy all over again lol
09/03/2015 07:47Posted by Alystriel
but I'd say there are more sensible areas to assign blame than on a computer game...

Especially since it wasn't even wow he was playing it was LoL
I've played for 26 hours on launch nights before so he must of had something wrong to die after 19 still sad tho.
Think op needs to find an original article and not refer to a random discussion on reddit, they guy had a serious health problem and instead of resting he chose to play wow, thats the reason he died. The name of your topic doesn't fit your message if you wanted to ask people about their longest in game sessions, then say so, otherwise it looks like you desperately craving for attention...
09/03/2015 12:33Posted by Fuzzyfur
they guy had a serious health problem and instead of resting he chose to play wow

He played LoL not wow you can see it on the video
09/03/2015 12:35Posted by Manabuns
He played LoL not wow you can see it on the video

He's the one who is sitting totally at the back, it looks like a garrison screen to time, but what do i know, i never played LoL.
He obviously did not die from the 19 hours of gaming.
It was as stated above most likely from other sources in his Life, like bad Health or similar things.

Almost anyone normal can do a 19 hour gameplay. as long u have prepaired for it a bit.