[Question] Does names really matter?

General
Hey people!

So as title says i have a question for you all. Does names really matter?
Well by that i mean when you play a game or example streaming or whatever it possible could be, do u care about the names a lot or do you just pick something and hardly bother with it?

I ask it because i pretty never can decide what to use and i'd like to start streaming a several games but it's hard to start when you don't know if u wanna stick with a name.
Nope
For me personally, they do. I'm the type to make the appearance in 2mins, then spend the next week deliberating over a name.
I pick random words, I think I have a toon called brains and one called spoon.
I certainly hope not...
I chose names carefully cause I RP.
Me too man
Well for me i have 2 names that is on my mind right now.

McHogger - Because hogger is my man
Jaizzer - because that's what my main is called in wow on Another account.

I feel that McHogger sounds pretty funny and for those who knows hogger it could be a bit fun as well :) ?
I have to pick a name that is somewhat in character, even if it takes me hours to come up with it!
The few times Ive named a character something funny or dumb Ive either deleted them or renamed them.
(heck, even my hunter pets and battle pets all have to have thought out names!)
08/03/2015 19:56Posted by Rohkala
The few times Ive named a character something funny or dumb Ive either deleted them or renamed them.

I see, so if i refer to my last post.

08/03/2015 19:50Posted by Bowzen
McHogger - Because hogger is my manJaizzer - because that's what my main is called in wow on Another account.I feel that McHogger sounds pretty funny and for those who knows hogger it could be a bit fun as well :) ?

You would vouche for Jaizzer?
The first name I picked, yes because that is now the name I answer to in WoW and also the name I chose to be my battlenet tag. It was a name I fell in love with after reading Silmarillion (okey the correct writing is Yavanna, but it was taken, hence the remake with an i in my case).

With all other chars I name I can't really be bothered to care that much but I have certain criterias. I will under no circumstances ever use weird symbols such as ´^¨, I won't name it something stupid like supergirl, blondiegirl or similiar. Okey I have a belf named manlybelf but... I draw my limit there!
for those who knows hogger

Those 2 people. :-P
08/03/2015 20:01Posted by Zazkya
for those who knows hogger

Those 2 people. :-P

Excuse me? I think atleast 3 people know Hogger.

On a more serious note: McHogger sounds like a cool name. Probably already taken though.
08/03/2015 19:57Posted by Bowzen

You would vouche for Jaizzer?

Name them whatever you like, so long as its within the wow naming guidelines.
I (Rohkala) have to have 'sensible' names but I couldnt give a monkeys fudge nugget what others name their alts! :D
08/03/2015 20:05Posted by Sunshine
On a more serious note: McHogger sounds like a cool name. Probably already taken though.

Yeh that's what i thought as well but i already reserved it for most websites and game platforms already so it's free for me to use it :)

But still stuck with if i should stick with Jaizzer as that is my main character for wow on Another account or use this new name.

I just feel like they're both cool because they have a meaning. i picked jaizzer because i liked that name and Went well to my title Justicar and since that i loved it.

McHogger is just because hogger is awesome and it came on my mind :)
I've timed out of the character creation process way too many times while trying to decide on a name... :)
Yes, they matter. They can give me a hint of the player behind the name.
For me they do matter. Because i always think my char as it would be real. Would it be nice to hear other people call you Swagyolo or Dkarthasxd? Certainly not !

I try to use appealing names which sound nice, and look nice at the same time. Because i feel like im part of the WoW Lore, and when the NPCs mention me, i want them to call me a "nice" name not some rubbish, like "Behold, the power of Nipplecrusher"
09/03/2015 01:14Posted by Archronos
not some rubbish, like "Behold, the power of Nipplecrusher"

Damn, there goes my next character.
09/03/2015 01:21Posted by Zazkya
09/03/2015 01:14Posted by Archronos
not some rubbish, like "Behold, the power of Nipplecrusher"

Damn, there goes my next character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL9ukN9Kk0I