What an Odd Tank

General
I have to share this, me and my bf were just in Gnomer, on level 26 alts,with the strangest tank and healer we've ever encountered. The tank was only wearing a blue cloak and level 1 starter gear the healer was about the same...Obviously the poor fellow died quite a few times, after killing Electro with 2 hunters and a warlock the lock left then a monk joined and we cleared down to Mekgineer then killed him.

Now I know you might say oh but they might be new, which is fine, I looked the Tank had over 1600 Achievs, I even whispered him/her asking what happened to her gear, no reply.

Any one else had something similar happen any funny dungeon stories ?
Did they behave like a bot? Who cares kick them.
11/03/2015 22:22Posted by Evylynna
I have to share this, me and my bf were just in Gnomer, on level 26 alts,with the strangest tank and healer we've ever encountered. The tank was only wearing a blue cloak and level 1 starter gear the healer was about the same...Obviously the poor fellow died quite a few times, after killing Electro with 2 hunters and a warlock the lock left then a monk joined and we cleared down to Mekgineer then killed him.

Now I know you might say oh but they might be new, which is fine, I looked the Tank had over 1600 Achievs, I even whispered him/her asking what happened to her gear, no reply.

Any one else had something similar happen any funny dungeon stories ?

I'm feeling left out now, when I was running around in my ilvl 0 gear, nobody whispered me.
Nope seemed like a normal person controlled movement and in the beginning he was leading the group , we did kick them they got put back in with us was quite funny for us :)

Usula if I'd have seen you I would have, its nice to be friendly :)
Been in a lowbie dungeon with a tank in a dress before (male, but very pretty frock!).
Who am I to judge lifestyle choices though, and besides which the rest of us were loomed and stomping through anyways.
Encountered something similar in HM lfr of all places. The tank was wearing lv1-20 quest greens and had about 70k hp. Obviously he went down in seconds. Considering HM has a 615 requirement, he must have brought this low level gear with him and deliberately equipped it.

The funny thing is that the group still killed the boss (Ko'ragh) with one tank and this guy got some loot. No one really said anything besides a comment or two, it felt like everyone just saw it as a typical LFR run :P
12/03/2015 01:54Posted by Dárkseph
The funny thing is that the group still killed the boss (Ko'ragh) with one tank and this guy got some loot. No one really said anything besides a comment or two, it felt like everyone just saw it as a typical LFR run :P

To be fair, it's nothing new. Level 20 greens is a bit extreme, but in HM it doesn't really matter if you're wearing level 90 greens or level 20 greens. You'll go 'splat' after one hit, in both cases.

My last similar case was a fury warrior in questing blues and greens, who had queued as tank. When someone told him to go prot, he did, but then promptly asked "can I switch back now?"

Luckily the other tank was able to manage on his own.

Before that I saw a prot warrior with a blue agility fist weapon and intellect and spirit on his shield. It was in SoO, so that was fun. :P
12/03/2015 10:38Posted by Rynanne
Before that I saw a prot warrior with a blue agility fist weapon and intellect and spirit on his shield. It was in SoO, so that was fun. :P

He was a spirited intellectual among savages.
Sounds like they were checking if they could clear the dungeon with no gear. Which apparently you could, wich says something about how the lowbie dungeons are tuned. I've been thinking about doing this myself, but I wouldn't go so far as to queue in LFD in greys & whites. I'd rather find some more like-minded and do some premade "Ironman Dungeoneering"...

Think about it, a full group doing a full Blackrock Depths and BRS clear in vendor gear, could be the most epic dungeon run anyone has done in years...
12/03/2015 12:39Posted by Alystriel
Think about it, a full group doing a full Blackrock Depths and BRS clear in vendor gear, could be the most epic dungeon run anyone has done in years...

I rem a group on my warrior when lfg just got introduced and long before brd got streamlined a bit and before in game dungeons maps (without addons that is) and when you still needed a key for the gates (wich i had on that char)
The rest of group had never been there i asked them if they had time for a long run in the biggest dungeons there is and they all wanted to, think it took close to 2 hour to clear the whole place but damn that was fun lots of xp people could actually use gear cause you could not get near full loom gear most epic lfg run ever.
I hope they never ever revamp that one cause i fear they reduce it to a sunken temple 2 :(
11/03/2015 22:22Posted by Evylynna
Obviously the poor fellow died quite a few times
That's the part of the story I dont believe
12/03/2015 13:10Posted by Manabuns

I rem a group on my warrior when lfg just got introduced and long before brd got streamlined a bit and before in game dungeons maps (without addons that is) and when you still needed a key for the gates (wich i had on that char)
The rest of group had never been there i asked them if they had time for a long run in the biggest dungeons there is and they all wanted to, think it took close to 2 hour to clear the whole place but damn that was fun lots of xp people could actually use gear cause you could not get near full loom gear most epic lfg run ever.
I hope they never ever revamp that one cause i fear they reduce it to a sunken temple 2 :(

Aye. I love those huge dungeons, felt like small group raids. Epic.

Wouldn't be hard to create dungeons like that again, that you'd be able to do a full run in if you went there with a pre-made group, but that would be chopped up into wings when accessed through LFD. Full run could have entire wings only for premades, bonus bosses, bonus encounters, puzzles. All of the stuff they don't dare put into dungeons any more for fear of the wrath of the LFD masses...

Edit. Oops, thread hijacked, sorry...
Sounds like they were checking if they could clear the dungeon with no gear. Which apparently you could, wich says something about how the lowbie dungeons are tuned. I've been thinking about doing this myself, but I wouldn't go so far as to queue in LFD in greys & whites. I'd rather find some more like-minded and do some premade "Ironman Dungeoneering"...

That was what we thought at first, which does sound like a fun idea. If that was what they were doing great just would have been nice to know at least that way we wouldn't be wondering what the hell is going on lol

No thread hijack at all, I'm going to pinch your idea and pitch it to a few mates, should be a hell of a laugh :)
Random story, but I remember me and 2 friends where doing Deadmines on lvl 15, where a gnome shadow priest joins. We did not notice until 2 bosses ahead he was not with us and he kept dying. And had done a total of 300 damage, then we come to that murlock boss, he comes and says.
"hi"
And hits the murlock with his staff. After the fight he said
"how to get out?"
We tell him to stay and he uses hearthstone. Man what I laughed.
Been there myself right when I first played the game. Level 15 warrior and just was picking the wrong type of items, it was more of what looked good than what was right.

Of course I had only played for a few days and all, lots of deaths but how I got to 15 back then I have no idea. I think I had a lot of trouble with Hogger before he was made easier. Then again I am sure I got ambushed by an army of murlocs on that island. Not to mention the whole mine.

Was fun though but the mistakes that were made back then. Ah memories. :)