Rare Old World Spawn timer

General
Time to finally fix the spawn timer.
Galleon / Oondasta on 2-4 hours spawn is crazy, it's annoying, it's not needed.
Please fix it, make it more like Sha-Nalakk 15-30mins.

Also the problem persists and is magnified in the WOTLK area, Cata area and MOP area for non-elite or non-raid rares.
Camping any rare for mount now is not only hard due to realm-hoppers but also because the population camping them is at least 6-10 times more than before CRZ was made.

Decrease the spawn timers of all rares, make it scale to server size.
EG full realm x3 in same CRZ>>100% faster spawns
I agree the timer should be reduced now they're not current content as it were anymore.
Today, I've spent 6 hours trying to find an alive galleon . Found 1. Dear Activi$ion fix this
nah bruh u just gotta be lucky #garrisontraderz #CRZBESTTHINGEVER #spent4hoursgrinding3reptokensfromwarbringersat5amonweekday #hype #wod
I think if you wrote that in a more constructive way others would understand your annoyance with the current ''system''
Yeah, definitely needs to be looked at. Not sure why they ever had long spawn timers in the first place, considering you could only loot them once a week and the mounts have ridiculously low droprate. Low spawn timers make sense on things with high droprate that can be farmed.

The reason the idea gets little support is probably just because so few people farm them. Myself included, a lot of people don't see 1 in 2000 as being worth it to dedicate farming towards. They're just too rare to be worth investing time.

Not sure I agree with 15-30 minutes either. Should be more like 5. There's no real purpose to forcing players to sit around for 30 minutes for their weekly kill other than to be tedious.
09/03/2015 19:20Posted by Dárkseph
Yeah, definitely needs to be looked at. Not sure why they ever had long spawn timers in the first place, considering you could only loot them once a week and the mounts have ridiculously low droprate. Low spawn timers make sense on things with high droprate that can be farmed.

The reason the idea gets little support is probably just because so few people farm them. Myself included, a lot of people don't see 1 in 2000 as being worth it to dedicate farming towards. They're just too rare to be worth investing time.

Not sure I agree with 15-30 minutes either. Should be more like 5. There's no real purpose to forcing players to sit around for 30 minutes for their weekly kill other than to be tedious.

15-30 mins is nothing

Despite being content for few people ,it's the only reason me and many of my bnet friends are playing these days...farm mounts
Kind of agree. While their at it, Outland rare could use a ramp-up too in spawn times. It's ridiculous completeing those rare achievements.

The only exception would be the 100% mount droppers such as that drake in Storm Peaks. And now that I mentioned it, Northrend rares too!
10/03/2015 01:09Posted by Huzzaa
Kind of agree. While their at it, Outland rare could use a ramp-up too in spawn times. It's ridiculous completeing those rare achievements.

The only exception would be the 100% mount droppers such as that drake in Storm Peaks. And now that I mentioned it, Northrend rares too!

ALL rares where CRZ is involved need to have decreased spawn timers to accommodate for the more players being able to kill them.
Oh and the wild factor from realm jumpers....
08/03/2015 23:58Posted by Retributor

09/03/2015 17:19Posted by Retributor
Today, I've spent 6 hours trying to find an alive galleon . Found 1. Dear Activi$ion fix this

Well that was dumb why didnt you just wait 4 hours on the same server. Genius.

Seriously 2-4 hours is nothing. As for rares on a 15-30min spawn timers.... thats not rare!
10/03/2015 19:21Posted by Tio

Seriously 2-4 hours is nothing. As for rares on a 15-30min spawn timers.... thats not rare!

I did not mean i camped for 6 hours.
I mean i spent 6 hours total gametime on 3 chars trying to find a Galleon.
10/03/2015 19:21Posted by Tio

Also for someone who got the rare cata mobs before CRZ (2 months before) you talk big, genius
Agreed.
Nothing else to say really... umm...
Put up safety nets so that bots can't get to them? :3
Bots don't farm those rares. They hardly are profitable, definitely not repeatable steady income cycles.
upvote original post pld =)
Yeah is cool idea tbc is empty no rares ever only horde
As far as the mounts go, it's easier and faster to make 960k gold and cap them on BMAH than bother farming 1/2000 drop rate, especially with those kind of spawn timers.

Zandalari warbringer / warscout are pain tho. If you need pandaria rep for some reason (maybe royal satchel on new alt?) then you're boned. You have to grind dailies because these bastards are NEVER up despite having relatively short spawn timer (30-60 min). They even removed the extra pandaria rep from dung run recently, for what reason? I don't know.
11/03/2015 13:22Posted by Esubane
As far as the mounts go, it's easier and faster to make 960k gold and cap them on BMAH than bother farming 1/2000 drop rate, especially with those kind of spawn timers.

Zandalari warbringer / warscout are pain tho. If you need pandaria rep for some reason (maybe royal satchel on new alt?) then you're boned. You have to grind dailies because these bastards are NEVER up despite having relatively short spawn timer (30-60 min). They even removed the extra pandaria rep from dung run recently, for what reason? I don't know.

I disagree with the gold cap thing, it's much easier for people to log in once a week on each char and make a raid and zerg the rare bosse they need than farming 24/7 for 960k gold

But that's not the case now, since you also spend 1-2 hours avg on finding an alive world boss (Pandaria )
or warbringers...
This post deserves more attention