Invisible legs under robe

General
I thought the model updates would fix it, at least partially (I understand rendering full legs under a robe causes clipping), but it's been actually made worse in the case for female Draenei.

Go look on any female draenei with a robe on and you notice that only the first part of their hooves are visible and after that it just cuts off into invisible legs. It's quite easily noticable when just standing still, but running or even swimming and it shows it really clear. Other races have a similar thing but not as bad as draenei's case.

In fact I went and compared the old models with the new ones and I notice that the old models, while also not rendering full legs, didn't cut their legs off so short! You can see the hooves and part of their boots underneath the robe. The new model simply doesn't have that and it shows incredibly obvious.
Example: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1587567-Rayman-feet-under-robes?p=29353673&viewfull=1#post29353673

Considering we just had new models AND patch 6.1 which fixed certain issues with models and we still have this, my best bet is just to enable old models again? Or reroll a different race that looks better?
It looks really bad on the new Blood elf females too.
The bottom of the robe changes colour depending on what colour boots you're wearing too, which is really horrible.
21/03/2015 15:59Posted by Xnrae
Other races have a similar thing but not as bad as draenei's case.

Oh I don't know about that.

http://i.imgur.com/OFnhNz2.png

http://i.imgur.com/zGAJc6e.png
Yeah it's kind of messed up. They sectioned each model for each armour part, meaning that on characters using "robes", your leg armour isn't rendered, only your feet. The leg part should be cowered by your robes but in some cases the robes doesn't reach. And with some of the boot models being short as heck as well (flip-flops), you end up with a rather bad results as we see now.

They should re-do it and make the legs be be rendered under your robes but that would require physical properties to their robes' bottom part to avoid clipping and I don't see that happen. Only thing that I hope they will do, is go back and re-work the clipping and "extend" the new models so that the robes cower the transition well enough.

Else we're all going to look like a character from Rayman :)
21/03/2015 16:34Posted by Kris

Oh I don't know about that.

http://i.imgur.com/OFnhNz2.png

http://i.imgur.com/zGAJc6e.png

http://i.imgur.com/JZwiC83.png

This is while standing still. Though I agree trolls look pretty horrid too
Oh lol the female troll is terribly bad, how could they release the model like this?

Anyway I think they tried, in fact the alpha tauren male model had legs under the robes, but I remember that it caused clipping on the knee area, so they sadly went back to the old style :-(
21/03/2015 16:44Posted by Melthazina
They should re-do it and make the legs be be rendered under your robes but that would require physical properties to their robes' bottom part to avoid clipping and I don't see that happen. Only thing that I hope they will do, is go back and re-work the clipping and "extend" the new models so that the robes cower the transition well enough.

It would be pretty awesome if they had actual robe + cloak physics (with PhysX). Can you imagine? But that's probably light years away for Blizzard..
New Blood Elf females look really bad altogether :(.
Oh it would be sweet, but realistic cloth simulation is very taxing on the CPU, and the WoW engine is so horribly old that it's past the "life support" part and gone strait into zombie mode.

The logical step for Blizzard to do, is to actually scratch the old engine and build WoW on a new engine. I think they'll catch more players that way too, as they would be open to expand and tell the story on a grander scale than they are today.

Many MMOs have done that before as they've grown older. But I think that Blizzard don't see the profits in investing in a new engine so we just have to survive with what we have.
One of the reasons i hate robes, is how glichy they are while mounted, Also the fact that our legs turn invisible. Really it's about time blizzard start releasing some pants and robless tiers.

MEN PLAY CASTERS TOO. i don't want to wear wussy dresses. How am i even supposed to run with a dress?
One issue I've had with robes in this game, is that they don't look like they have actual legs in them while running.
21/03/2015 17:24Posted by Dreadgear
One of the reasons i hate robes, is how glichy they are while mounted, Also the fact that our legs turn invisible. Really it's about time blizzard start releasing some pants and robless tiers.

MEN PLAY CASTERS TOO. i don't want to wear wussy dresses. How am i even supposed to run with a dress?

I agree! I was lucky to find a nice combination between T9, a vanilla vest and my guild's tabard and cloak. Male pandaren look really silly with robes :(

Tauren have it to. Can easily see it even when just simply running. When jumping it's Rayman. When sitting you look entirely under the dress with two feet lost somewhere on the ground. The only thing you can see under that dress when sitting is my belt clipping through. Kinda funny because it's a green leaf, but still.

21/03/2015 17:24Posted by Dreadgear

It's not a dress, it's a robe!!

~ Elmar Imvisto
Too much work have a new shiny pony at the cash shop instead.
Posted by Dreadgear

It's not a dress, it's a robe!!

~ Elmar Imvisto

i don't care even if it's kilt. i want to wear PANTS. and RUN. gliching my way through mounts and terrain due to aweful robe/dress/kilt animation make my eyes hurt
DAMN YOU OP! Why did u tell me about this, now i had to check on my alt lock and i notice the same thing on my male lock...I didn't know about this, why did u have to mention it =(( Scarred for life. Now it won't get off my mind :/
22/03/2015 01:11Posted by Dreadspec
i don't care even if it's kilt. i want to wear PANTS. and RUN. gliching my way through mounts and terrain due to aweful robe/dress/kilt animation make my eyes hurt

That's true. Kilt would be great though... unless they don't animate it with legs.
22/03/2015 01:19Posted by Illyndra
DAMN YOU OP! Why did u tell me about this, now i had to check on my alt lock and i notice the same thing on my male lock...I didn't know about this, why did u have to mention it =(( Scarred for life. Now it won't get off my mind :/

Sry :|
Sorry for necro-ing this thread, but i find it to still be relevant and an issue, also for pandaren

http://imgur.com/82ABS5N

Blizzard should fix this, but seeing how they can't directly get money out of this, they'll probably leave it be among the countless other visual bugs that have been there for years

You disappoint me, Blizzard