Suggestion: Opt out of CRZ

General
Give option to disable CRZ.

Some don't want to see other people randomly spawning near them, on their realm.
You don't gain any benefit from seeing randoms from random realms on your realm while traveling in the old world.

(this isn't the group-realm transfer thing but the inbuilt general CRZ working in all old zones except SW)
CRZ: Making all rares seem legendary.
"Wanna go farm some old content on your dead server? Well tough !@#$, because the other 6 servers connected to yours have 25 other people camping the same thing as you! Have fun arguing over mob tags. You wanted player interaction right?" - Blizz
yeah i thought, why not give a try and do one of those Booty Bay fishing contest for acheviement ...

on my "dead" server there was so many ppl from different servers and not a SINGLE one from mine

i mean Blizzards argument that it will be "fun" leveling your alt and seeing more people around is just plain retarded. to what purpose i need all those ppl if the only interraction with them is limited to just say hi?
there is no use having all those ppl who just pop up on my server, just to do what ever they want to do and leave and never been seen since?

how hard is to understand that CRZ ruins the whole purpose of realms?

why i need a separte realm when someone just keep entering MY realm and then disaearing for ever?

why?

what for?

why Blizzard act so immature and rufuse accept that they made a MISTAKE and correct it?

are they just lazy? or they just can not be bothered about a game that still have millions subs and bring them insane profit?
@All: Not going to happen. CRZ is a bit of an all or nobody thing. Personal opt out is not going to happen (due to technical limitations and significant additional costs) and I find it extremely unlikely that Blizzard would choose to disable CRZs entirely.

@Jujinha: Blade's Edge got connected to Vek'nilash and Eonar due to insufficient number of active players. The fishing competition is specific to the server, so your competition only comes from those three "sub-realms" of your connection, even if you see people from 10 other servers due to the CRZ.

22/03/2015 11:55Posted by Jujinha
why Blizzard act so immature and rufuse accept that they made a MISTAKE and correct it?

I disagree with this view... and I am not alone.

are they just lazy? or they just can not be bothered about a game that still have millions subs and bring them insane profit?

Lazy? No, just practical. CRZ system saves money and other resources.
22/03/2015 12:31Posted by Trelw

Can you or that other guy who agrees with you explain how killing realm community not only in LFG but also anywhere else is a good thing?
22/03/2015 12:37Posted by Hengwulf

Can you or that other guy who agrees with you explain how killing realm community not only in LFG but also anywhere else is a good thing?

I don't think they made a mistake with implementing CRZ.
Maybe it could have been done a bit differently, but populating pre-current expansion zones with other players so it doesn't feel like you're all alone in the world is not a bad thing. WoW is an MMO after all.
22/03/2015 12:51Posted by Poly

Maybe it could have been done a bit differently, but populating pre-current expansion zones with other players so it doesn't feel like you're all alone in the world is not a bad thing. WoW is an MMO after all.

I absolutely disagree - other people lose their value if they aren't your community members. You should care about your relations with people you meet, that's what MMO is.

good way to deal with the issue - joining small realms together

bad way - crz
@Jujinha: Blade's Edge got connected to Vek'nilash and Eonar due to insufficient number of active players.

Well I left Vek'nilash because of that merge. If I wanted to be on a medium-populated server, I'd simply create character on that one in the first place. If people want to see a bunch of other people,,then move to more populated realms. Some people like to stick to low pop servers. At least Argent Dawn isn't merged with anyone.

But yea, what Heng said. At least server merge is acceptable change. CRZ is just there so we could be annoyed by a bunch of other players server hopping to our just to kill our rares and farm our stuff.
@Herigwulf: I hate to point this out... But many communities started dying YEARS before both CRZs and connected realms were even invented. In fact, both measures are a response to people crying: "We have too few people! QQ!!!".
yeah i thought, why not give a try and do one of those Booty Bay fishing contest for acheviement ...

on my "dead" server there was so many ppl from different servers and not a SINGLE one from mine

The winner of that is based per server not crz zone.
but for the rest crz is a pile of horse dung
22/03/2015 13:00Posted by Trelw
@Herigwulf: I hate to point this out... But many communities started dying YEARS before both CRZs and connected realms were even invented. In fact, both measures are a response to people crying: "We have too few people! QQ!!!".

Am I denying that? I'm not saying the problem doesn't exist, I'm saying CRZs bring only bad sides of higher population and none of the benefits. It is an illusion of higher population.

Care to explain exactly how CRZ solves this problem? Other than seeing bunch of other players who are very unlikely to ever speak with you at all?
22/03/2015 12:56Posted by Hengwulf

I absolutely disagree - other people lose their value if they aren't your community members. You should care about your relations with people you meet, that's what MMO is.

good way to deal with the issue - joining small realms together

bad way - crz

Well, I did mention that maybe it could have been done differently. :)
I didn't mean to imply that CRZ is the best solution for repopulating old content zones.

Contecting realms together is another solution, that seems to be a better solution for preserving the realm community. Although it also makes it bigger so it's possible that even with this solution you get to see players that you might never see again.

I started playing mid-Classic so I don't know what it was like in the very beginning, but maybe Blizzard started off with too many realms. But perhaps back then realms couldn't hold as many players as they can now so it was necessary.

A small correction here, Trelw.

Connected Realms were a response to a large number of complaints from people stranded on low-pop realms, and it has obviously addressed that issue very well.

CRZ, on the other hand .... I remember when it was introduced, checking for myself and challenging other people to produce for inspection complaint threads about the zones being underpopulated. IIRC, I turned up six threads myself, none of them long or much discussed, and nobody responded with others. There was no outcry about this.

Realm populations are not the underlying cause of low-pop zones anyway. LFG is the cause. Anybody can verify this for themselves any evening of the week by going to a high-pop realm/faction and doing a /who 30-40, or /who 60-70 or whatever and seeing the ratio of people from their realm in the zones and in instances. You will find the majority either in dungeons or in cities, waiting for their queues to pop.
I'd rather have people in the world, rather than be alone in an MMO.

Albeit with everything being so easy to kill alone out in the world, I can understand the frustrations about having competitors.

If they just made world content harder - CRZ's would be a blessing.
@All: Not going to happen. CRZ is a bit of an all or nobody thing. Personal opt out is not going to happen (due to technical limitations and significant additional costs) and I find it extremely unlikely that Blizzard would choose to disable CRZs entirely.

I do not believe this is the case, since after the implementation of CRZs players quickly discovered it was possible to prevent their client from zoning into other servers via third party methods. This was some time ago, so the architecture of the system may have changed since then, but it was certainly possible in the past.
If players were able to opt themselves out of CRZs using third party software, then I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be a colossal task for the developers to implement a button that performed a similar function in-game.

I for one do not see the downside to allowing CRZs to be opt-out now that connected realms are a thing. They're very much a double-edged sword, and I think it's plain to see how, for many people, the frustrations they cause outweigh the benefits. I'd certainly turn them off at times if I could.
CRZ WAS A CURE WORSE THAN THE DISEASE.
22/03/2015 03:08Posted by Audacity
CRZ: Making all rares seem legendary.

As they should be.

Or they could just inbox you the kills and/or items I guess.......
Yep agree OP.