Design a pet!

Pet Battles
There has been a topic where we designed certain pet abilities.
Shall we dare to design pets themselves too?

My example:

• Name: Rustleling – I'm not good at names, you're welcome to suggest another one. :P
  • Type: Elemental
  • Possible appearance: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=63027/tumbleweed#modelviewer:10+0
  • Source: Quest reward (a quest being a Westfall/Barrens reminder, I believe, besides they aren't in these zones :P)
  • Pet journal flavour text: "Riverpaw gnolls believe that these stalks are an omen of incoming changes."
  • Unique: No
  • Cageable: IDK :P
  • Rarity: Uncommon
  • Breeds: P/S (I wanted to include more, but quests rewards are usually monobred)
  • Abilities:
  • Wild Winds
  • Leech Seed
  • Tumble (An elemental version of Stampede; kinda OP if you think about it, but it would be so visually appealing ;p alternatively it can be an another name for the flying one)
  • ---
  • Lash
  • Powerball
  • Sandstorm

• Too much of a hurry, I know.
    Also noticed that someone on US forums has already had another plan, so… ;)
    I'm like, so full of ideas for pets and abilities! I'll go one at a time, though, don't want to spam... :)

This is a concept I may have posted previously, somewhere, so it's somewhat fleshed out already, with stats, breeds, and damage calculations already done!

• Name: Nerub'ar Lordling
    • Type: Undead
    • Possible appearance: A Nerubian Cryptlord (think Anub'rekhan, image attached below)
    • Source: Archaeology - Frozen Nerubian Egg
    • Pet journal flavour text: "This hatchling was destined to rule a kingdom, but the Scourge had a different plan."
    • Cageable: Yes
    • Rarity: Rare
    • Breeds: H/B [1627/289/240]
    • Abilities
    • Pound
      Pounds the enemy, dealing 278 to 340 Humanoid damage.
    • Blinding Swarm - 3 Round cooldown
      Deals 154 Critter damage and blinds the target, reducing their hit chance by 50% for 2 rounds.
    • Rot - 3 Round cooldown
      Rots the target's flesh, dealing 386 Undead damage and transforming them into Undead for 5 rounds.
    • - - - - - - - - - - -
    • Impale - 1 Round cooldown
      Deals 386 Beast damage.
      Deals double damage if the target is below 25% health.
    • Leeching Swarm - 4 Round cooldown
      Deals 309 Undead damage split across the enemy team, and heals you for 100% of damage dealt.
    • Burrow - 4 Round cooldown
      Burrow under the ground, becoming unattackable for one round.
      On the next round, you attack, dealing 371 to 556 Beast damage.

• IMAGE: http://i57.tinypic.com/27ycuow.jpg

Some additional notes, this is one of four "Nerubian" pets - my idea was that the Frozen Nerubian Egg contained a random one. Obviously, it wouldn't be a "Rare", one-in-a-lifetime solve, but something that you can get several times and complete with like 60 Fragments. Cageable for obvious reasons!
    /tar Vakeetah
    /salute
    /bow
    Spirit healer
    type: holy(yes i know we dont have it yet)
    skills:

Holy Light
    Deal 20 Holy damage.

Restoration
    3round cd.
    Heal for 30.

Resurrect
    5round cooldown
    If killed on the next round revive team with 50%hp.

Smite
    Deal 15-25 Holy damage.

Renewal
    3round cooldown
    Heal team for 15.

Light of Destruction
    5 round cooldown
    Deals 20damge and causes causes weather Holy World.

Holy World cause 6 damage to all non-active pets. This effect lasts for 6 rounds

If you didnt noce from companion name it looks like the Spirit Healer at companion size.

Edit:

Holy weak to humanoid. Strong to Undead.
    13/05/2015 16:57Posted by Vakeetah
    I'm like, so full of ideas for pets and abilities! I'll go one at a time, though, don't want to spam... :)

I don't mind; moreover, I had a similar feeling with that abilities' thread, but nobody said a thing. :)

And… thank you! I also liked how it's detailed.
    Rot + Blinding Swarm would make them OP for a while, but don't worry, I'd compare this level with a Nexus Whelpling's synergy. ;)

@ Sagiitarius: I had similar abilities somewhere in the mentioned abilities' thread.
    There was no need to introduce the Holy type – I treated them as Humanoid ones because of the existing Mini Tyrael's set.
    However, a Spirit Healer would be a tricky one. In a slight paradox, companion itself would probably be an Undead, alt'ly Magic one.

What about a new topic? I think that there are some already developed ideas to discuss too. :)

A new project's going to come soon. I can tell you that it came to my mind after reading the @Vakeetah's post and accidentally fits slightly into the previous poster's POV, but in a different way.
    Well…

Nerub'ar Lordling had driven my thoughts to the Northrend, so I started to wonder about the next Raiding with Leashes achievements.
    I recalled the encounters, read some US forums and made a not-so-simple decision.
    Because I'm going to break some uniqueness almost just like other people have said.

I'm not so good as @Vakeetah so new abilities aren't adjusted to the actual attack power
    and are shown for the 1st lvl, not 25. :P

• Name: Duskbane
  • Possible appearance: The most stupid and useless recolour ever!
    http://i.imgur.com/1FiFesP.png (Sorry for the PJ trash)
  • Source: An item "Shady Feather" dropped with ~ 8% drop rate
    from Fjola Lightbane or Eydis Darkbane.
    Obtaining this companion is a part of an achievement
    "Raiding with Leashes IV: A World Worth Taming"
    or "Raiding with Leashes V: Climbin' Unto Icecrown".
  • Pet journal flavour text: "This Val'kyr has existed too short to be fully claimed by the Lich King so she tries to understand her destiny following the death knights."
  • Breeds: H/P [1627/306/227], probably approximations are messed up >.<
  • Abilities:
  • Duskbolt (Undead)
  • Deals 16 to 20 Undead damage.
    If user kills an enemy with it, they restore 12 health.
  • Death and Decay (Undead)
  • Eclipse (Elemental, 5 rounds cooldown)
    Calls the union of celestial bodies, dealing 12.5 Elemental damage, 12.5 Magic damage and turning the weather into eclipse for 5 rounds.
    During eclipse, each pet deals 5% additional damage and all interracial damage modifiers are ignored.
    (Note that the first usage is the most important :p)
  • ---
  • Winged Envy (Elemental)
  • Deals 18 Elemental damage plus 9 Elemental damage if opponent is a Flying one.
    Bonus damage isn't withdrawn by Eclipse.
  • Death Grip (Undead)
  • Dark Rebirth (Elemental)
  • I have made up an idea for a pet that we have contributed to existing by saving it before it was born.

Name: Mantid Swarmborn

Type: Humanoid

Appearance: http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/4/4d/Ik%27thik_Infestor.jpg

Source: Klaxxi reputation reward (Required Revered reputation)

Description: This little mantid hatched from an egg saved by you when Malik the Unscathed tasked you with saving them from the Sha. It now seeks to follow its saviour across the world and repay its debt to you by punching enemy pets in the face.

Quality: Rare

Stats (Level 25): 1400 H, 289 P, 289 S

Abilities:

Level 1: Jab: Jabs at the enemy, dealing X to X Humanoid damage.

Level 2: Amber Prison: 5 Round Cooldown. Encase the target in amber and stuns them for 1 round.

Level 4: Lift-Off: 2 Round Ability. 4 Round Cooldown. Fly up high, becoming unattackable for one round. On the next round, you attack, dealing X to X Flying damage.

Level 10: Blitz: Pummels the enemy 1-2 times, dealing X Humanoid damage per hit. Hits an additional time if the user attacks first.

Level 15: Swarm: 3 Round Ability. Starts a swarm, dealing X Critter damage. Opponents struck by the swarm take double damage for 2 rounds. Swarm continues for 3 rounds.

Level 20: Tornado Punch: 4 Round Cooldown. Deals X Humanoid damage and has a 25% chance to stun the target.
    Well, as "promised", one of the other Nerubians...

• Name: Nerub'ar Drone
    • Possible appearance: A Nerubian Skitterer (The small ones, the workers)
    • Pet journal flavour text: "Even in undeath, this creature can't seem to stop digging."
    • Breeds: P/S [1319/338/257]
    • Abilities

• Rend
      Lashes the enemy 1-2 times, dealing 179 Beast damage per lash.
      Attacks an additional time if the user attacks first.
    • Adrenaline Rush
      Deals 179 Critter damage and increases your speed by 75% for 3 rounds.
      On the next round, you attack, dealing 429 to 644 Beast damage.
    • - - - - - - - - - - -
    • Infected Claw
      Tears at the enemy with plagued claws, dealing 277 to 510 Undead damage.
    • Sticky Web
      Flings a sticky Web at the target, dealing 268 Beast damage and making it impossible to flee for 2 rounds.
    • Exposed Wounds
      Adds 89 damage to every attack against the target.
      Lasts 5 rounds.

• IMAGE: http://i62.tinypic.com/3501egg.jpg

(And because I'm a nerd, I found funny that the randomly generated URL says "egg" at the end)

In retrospective, making this a P/S instead of a S/S has resulted in really really broken damage numbers. Might have to review that later, or live with this thing being a powerhouse :p
    - Name : "Death of Rats" or "Grim Squeaker"
    (based on a character from the Discworld books)
    - Type : Undead

- Possible Appearance :
    http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/the-death-of-rats-48453.jpg?1175147698

- Source : achievement : defeat 100 mouses and/or rats in pet battle (not sure about the number)
    - Pet journal flavour text : "SQUEAK... EEK..."
    - Animation in game : Reap critter's corpse, and free their soul.

- Unique : yes
    - Cageable : No
    - Rarity : rare
    - Breed : H/P

- Abilities :
    lvl 1.
    Scratch :
    Scratches the enemy, dealing 20 Critter damage.

lvl 2.
    Crouch : 4 Turn Cooldown
    The user lowers its body close to the ground, reducing all damage taken by 50% for 3 rounds.

lvl 4.
    Rot : 3 Turn Cooldown
    Rots the target's flesh, dealing 25 Undead damage and transforming them into Undead for 5 rounds.

lvl 10.
    Creepy Chomp :
    Chomps on the enemy, dealing 20 Undead damage.

lvl 15.
    Consume corpse : 5 Turn Cooldown
    Consumes an allied corpse to restore 50% of total health. Corpses can only be used once.

lvl 20.
    Unholy Ascension :
    Sacrifices your remaining life to haunt the enemy team, increasing all damage they take by 25% for 9 rounds.

I really like your Nerubian pets ^^
    @Neolarva – though I'm paladin here, kudos to you!
    If only you could contain The Luggage too, I'd go to the Light alive.
    :D

For the numbers, I think that every aspiring battler might have already achieved a decent value (Stormwind, Undercity, Dalaran I mean). The daily at garrison also contains sometimes three rats.
    But this concept fits the character nicely, and I'd consider it for PvP if there was such a critter anytime. :P

@Vakeetah – noticed the "egg" too. :D
    338 is indeed a quite high value. A Smart Pet Search has shown me that you took these stats from undead serpents (Son of Sethe / Bone Serpent).
    Your Lordling doesn't share this base, but the Ghostly Skull's stats.

I'd rather make an unification, wouldn't you? It often happens among the similar species and would make things a lot simpler. :)

@Skrauhg – I think you should talk with Wrathion…
    But being more serious, it looks OK. :-)

I have to take a rest, I think. Not only I am here.
    And GL with more inventions!
    18/05/2015 16:11Posted by Remte
    @Vakeetah – noticed the "egg" too. :D
    338 is indeed a quite high value. A Smart Pet Search has shown me that you took these stats from undead serpents (Son of Sethe / Bone Serpent).
    Your Lordling doesn't share this base, but the Ghostly Skull's stats.

I'd rather make an unification, wouldn't you? It often happens among the similar species and would make things a lot simpler. :)

The thing is, I don't really see the Nerubians as part of the same "species". They may all be Nerubias, but they are very specialized and different to each other.

I didn't really "copy" any stat profile, merely threw the numbers together, then added the bonuses. For example, the Lordling is 8.5/8.5/7 and the Drone is 7.5/9/7.5. Have plans for the "flying" ones (they'll have both Lift-Off and Burrow!) with 7/8/9, S/B breed; and the wardens (the large black ones) 8/8.5/7.5 at H/S.

Don't ask me why I chose those values, because I don't really have a reason :p
    I am still trying to put a good one together.

Meanwhile, here's a challenge - one that I'm not succeeding in :P

Design a credible Critter that would be viable - High-Tier or Top Tier - but not OP in PvP.
    18/05/2015 22:56Posted by Gráinne

Design a credible Critter that would be viable - High-Tier or Top Tier - but not OP in PvP.

Perhaps something with a regular Aquatic move and nice AoE healing?
    Something like a modified skunks' moveset.
    It causes me to think about a raccoon. :P
    Third Nerubian! The flyer :)

• Name: Nerub'ar Reaper
    • Possible appearance: A flying Nerubian. You know which ones!
    • Pet journal flavour text: "Their light bodies and membranous legs allow these Nerubians to fly, making them an invaluable asset of the Empire."
    • Breeds: S/B [1319/273/322]
    • Abilities
    • Poison Spit
      Instantly deals 205 Beast damage and Poisons the target for 73 additional Elemental damage per round for 3 rounds.
    • Sticky Web
      Flings a sticky Web at the target, dealing 219 Beast damage and making it impossible to flee for 2 rounds.
      On the next round, you attack, dealing 351 to 527 Beast damage.
    • - - - - - - - - - - -
    • Flyby
      Deals 147 Flying damage and increases the target's damage taken by 25% for 3 rounds.
    • Consume Corpse - 5 Round cooldown
      Consumes an allied corpse to restore 50% of total health.
      Corpses can only be used once.
    • Lift-Off - 4 Round cooldown
      Fly up high, becoming unattackable for one round.
      On the next round, you attack, dealing 351 to 527 Flying damage.

• IMAGE: http://oi57.tinypic.com/2ypapmd.jpg

They look cute (in their own special way) when crawling, but ideally, this pet would use its flying animation to make it clearly distinct from the others, and because otherwise Flyby and Lift-Off would look kind of dumb. Similarly, they shouldn't hover too far off the ground, to make Burrow credible.
    I'll try a nerubian pet this time!

Name: Anub'ar Viziling

Appearance: http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow.gamepedia.com/2/29/Sinok_the_Shadowrager.jpg

Source: Archaeology - Adorned Nerubian Egg

Description: Nerubians of this breed are said to be born with a heightened intelligence, able to take on ruling and advisory roles in the Nerubian empire. This one is clearly fated for something different.

Quality: Rare

Breed: 1400 H/289 P/289 S

Abilities:
    Level 1: Shadow Shock: Shocks the target with dark energy, dealing X to X Undead damage.

Level 2: Siphon Life: Deals X Undead damage per round for 3 rounds and heals the user for X.

Level 4: Plagued Blood: Deals X Undead damage and plagues the target for 5 rounds. While plagued, enemies who strike the target are healed.

Level 10: Saronite Shard: Throw a saronite shard at the target, dealing X Undead damage and reduces the target's damage by 25% for 1 round. Damage increases by X each time it is used. Max X damage.

Level 15: Bone Prison: Deals X Undead damage and prevents the target from fleeing for 2 rounds.

Level 20: War of the Spider: 8 Round Cooldown. Submerge, becoming unattackable for 2 rounds. During this time, the Anub'ar Clutchguards attack the opponent, dealing X Undead damage each round.

Saronite Shard and War of the Spider are custom-made abilities based off of other abilities in the game that have similar effects. Saronite Shard is a reference to the saronite found in Azjol-Nerub, and War of the Spider is a reference to the war the nerubians fought against the Scourge before ultimately being defeated.
    18/05/2015 22:56Posted by Gráinne

Heres mine .

Name : Fel rat , or Corrupt vermin

Type: Critter

Possible appearance: It would be a rat but with fel spikes on it , think something like the fel boars in outland

Source: Win 100 pet battles in Taanan Jungle , or appears rarely as a second pet in pet battles in Taanan Jungle

Pet journal flavor text: "Infused with fel energies , this inconspicuous critter is now extremely aggressive and contagious "

Unique: No

Cageable: Yes

Rarity: Rare

Breed : H/S

Abilities :

1 : Flurry : Rapidly strikes at the enemy 1-2 times, dealing 197 Critter damage per hit.

Hits an additional time if the user attacks first.

2 : Scorched Earth : 3 Round Cooldown ;100% Hit Chance ; Scorches the ground, dealing 492 Dragonkin damage and dealing 78 Dragonkin damage to all active pets each round for 9 rounds.

During Scorched Earth, all pets count as Burning .

3 : Plagued Blood : 100% Hit Chance ; Deals 315 Undead damage and plagues the target for 5 rounds.
    While plagued, enemies who strike the target are healed.

1 : Fel touch ( same as Acid Touch ) : 100% Hit Chance ; Acid eats away at the target, dealing 236 Aquatic damage and causing 98 Aquatic damage each round for 4 rounds.

2 : Spiked Skin : Reduces up to 78.8 damage from each attack against you and deals 59 Dragonkin damage each time you take direct damage. ; Lasts 5 rounds.

3 : Fel Curse ; (same as Foreboding Curse ) 100% Hit Chance ; Adds 78.8 damage to every attack against the target and reduces the target's speed by 25%. Lasts 4 rounds.

Special animation :
    The pet sometimes corrupts it`s master and all pets nearby with Fel energy , making them burn with green fire for 10 seconds .
    Nothing to disregard you, but achievement rewards and wild pets are never cageable.
    Also, achies bring to you unique pets mainly* –
    and AFAIK the won battles are all counted account-widely
    so rewards are unique by definition. =)

I liked that apart from the supposedly main ability, there are so much combinations to discover. Well done!

* Not sure what with Pebble.
    Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to this evening's presentation!
    Tonight we can see a companion from the future.
    He looks like another victim of the Iron Horde!
    But see for yourself what a story is spoken by this little fellah.
    And now: On with the show!

• Name: Murflown
  • Type: Humanoid
  • Possible appearance: I'm ill these days and can't focus on the details.
    So this parody of picture is rather to suggest a shape only.
    http://i.imgur.com/xc63dX3.jpg
    I even don't know if he should be a green or a brown one;
    giving him a gear also would be nice. :P
  • Ingame animations:
    1) Hovering over in a funny way, trying to fly and falling with being stunned for a while
    2) Trapping a nearby critter like a podling does
    3) @ garrison, "death gripping" Pepe from the tree (who did say that he couldn't be useful at all? :p)
  • Source: BlizzCon 2015
  • Pet journal flavour text: "He sacrificed his other pair of wings to create an awesome piece of armour."
  • Unique: Yes
  • Cageable: No
  • Breed: H/H (1969/276/195)
  • Abilities (Damage surprisingly adjusted this time.):

• Winged Envy (Elemental)
  • Deals 266 Elemental damage plus 133 Elemental damage if opponent is a Flying one.
    Bonus damage isn't withdrawn by Eclipse.
  • Falling Murloc (Humanoid, 4 rounds cooldown)
  • Attempts to teleport above the enemy and land directly on them, dealing 592 Humanoid damage.
    The fall stuns the user for 1 round.
  • Entangling Roots (Elemental, 3 rounds cooldown)
  • Causes a thick nest of vines to begin growing around the enemy team.
    Next round, the opponent's pet will take 444 Elemental damage and be rooted for 2 rounds.
    ---
  • Quicksand (Elemental, 4 rounds cooldown)
  • Conjure quicksand under the enemy pet, dealing 444 Elemental damage.
    Sand slows the enemy's active pet by 50% for 2 rounds.
  • Surge of Power (Magic, 5 rounds cooldown)
  • Instantly deals 740 Magic damage. The user must recharge for two rounds afterwards.
    While recharging, you cannot perform any other actions.
  • Gravity (Magic, 1 round cooldown)
  • Slams the target into the ground, dealing 370 Magic damage.
    If used again on the same target, they are levitated and unable to flee for 2 rounds.

It's all about the overkills and limited mobility… ;p
    The cooldowns are slightly messed up,
    but notice that the second tier ability usually gives you inactivity anyway.
  • Thank you, Aprix.

I have to look squinty at that combination of Scorched Earth and Plagued Blood on a Critter, but I guess that would do it, and your intro is good. :)

Remte, I'm sorry to hear you're not well. I hope you feel better soon. That would certainly be a fun pet. I do love the Falling Murloc move. :)
    Not sure about the Plagued Blood, but there are definitely critters with Scorched Earth (I leveled one of them Lava Beetles just for that "unique" flavor... can't call it useful though!)

Right, I still got the other Nerubian lying around, but for a change I'll go for something else... Not much of a change, though, as we're not out of Northrend yet!

• Name: Flame Leviatiny
    • Type: Mechanical
    • Possible appearance: Miniature Flame Leviathan.
    • Source: Engineering - Mimiron's Crumpled Schematics
    • Pet journal flavour text: "Even for a Mechagnome, the scale is WAY off."
    • Breeds: H/H [2050/260/195]
    • Abilities
    • Missile
      Launches a rocket at the target, dealing 235 to 353 Mechanical Damage.
    • Gathering Speed
      Charge at the enemy, dealing 210 Mechanical damage and increasing your speed by 20%.
      Your speed continues to increase each time you use this ability.
    • Flame Vents - 3 Round cooldown
      Deals 56 Elemental damage to all enemy pets every round. Lasts 2 rounds.
    • - - - - - - - - - - -
    • Flame Cannon - 1 Round cooldown
      Deals 350 Mechanical damage to a random enemy pet.
    • Extra Plating - 4 Round cooldown
      The user equips additional plating, reducing all damage taken by 50% for 3 rounds.
    • Demolish - 50% Hit Chance
      Rams the target, dealing 560 Mechanical damage.

That's some insanely tough Mech, is it not? May even live beyond its Failsafe rounds! It has a couple of "new" attacks. Gathering Speed is just Powerball in a really bad disguise, and Flame Vents is balanced around to Pheromones, with some damage adjustments to compensate for the change to duration and targetting the primary pet (yay, another ability that is completely negated by Sandstorm!). Finally, Flame Cannon is an ability that deals decent damage, but has unreliable targetting (at least at the start of the fight).

So then - what's the deal with Mimiron's Crumpled Schematics? Instead of dropping the pet, Mimiron will drop this item, that is not a learnable recipe - but a single-use item that requires Engineering, and a few components, to craft this little beast. Once used, the item is consumed, so Engineers will only be able to craft one per schematic. Obviously, neither the recipe, nor the pet, are soulbound.
    Mimiron's Crumpled Schematics
    Requires Engineering (375)
    Use: Combine 2 Handful of Cobalt Bolts, an Overcharged Capacitor and a Titansteel Bar to assemble this prototype.
    "These discarded papers look like some of Mimiron's earliest schematics. An Engineer may find them useful."
    Oh yes, I'm so putting a middle man, some outdated materials, and a skill requirement above 1, in the way of this pet. I hate myself for the effort we'd have to go through for it, but it's simply glorious!