What level should i start travelling Azeroth?

New/Returning Player Questions & Guides
I've started playing recently and really want to travel around the rest of the World because so far I've just been staying in the north western parts of Kalimdor. Does the story from the start guide you around the World? Or can I just venture out whenever I want, to other place like Stormwind and Hammerfell?
@Zarres: In theory, you can go wherever you want, but in practice, it is better to avoid areas that are way above your own character level as constant dying is not that much fun. Your map will give you a generic idea how dangerous various places are. :)
01/06/2015 22:19Posted by Trelw
@Zarres: In theory, you can go wherever you want, but in practice, it is better to avoid areas that are way above your own character level as constant dying is not that much fun. Your map will give you a generic idea how dangerous various places are. :)

Thanks for the advice!
at levels 19,24,29,34 and so on you get quests at that board in the capital city that tells you to go to x area
if you get the q at level 19 means the area where you go is 20-25
Ik how u feel tht pissed me off at first
01/06/2015 22:10Posted by Zarres
Or can I just venture out whenever I want, to other place like Stormwind and Hammerfell?

You can go to pretty much all the faction cities at whatever level you like - there will always be one safe way there (usually either a boat or other pre-determined path that will take you straight to the city) and a less safe way (overland from SW - IF is pretty dangerous at level 18).

Best part is going for a wonder. I remember being a little lvl 20 Blood-elf just finishing up the starting area and being really confused why the next 'zone' was lvl 40+... Ahh those days.
A portal to Pandaland here and there aside, you can do it at level 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKwC-s8v1Yg

Though Accountwide Achievement Rewards killed the pure awesome sauce that was such Vanity Twinking, and while the Devs can't spare the time for certain major bugs, they did put more and more silly level restrictive Portals etc. in the game (right up till the middle of Cataclysm, you could venture through the Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands on a level 1 for example).

All because only they know what a fun game is, or something.