is this not p2w?

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
You can win WoW?
Holy carpets, I wonder what I have done the past 10 years then... I must be really bad. :(
22/06/2015 12:13Posted by Semina
The gear's ilvl 675 so it's better than anything the majority of the player base will have at this stage (save for the legendary ring). The only people in better gear will be the heroic and mythic raiders who comprise only a minority of the player base. For most people, the gear is a significant upgrade.

As to whether that qualifies it as p2w, decide for yourself.

Because the new LFR doesnt drop 675-685 gear for free ? i am right ?

And i think you find if you look up the stats on any decent site normal/heroic/mythic raiders make up a huge playerbase

Plus in the upcoming patch you will get

1 piece every 2 weeks from garrison
mythic dungeons offering 680 gear with a chance at 700 piece
CM gear

the 675 gear you are on about is a waste of gold so no it isnt p2win and i suggest you go read the patch notes .All gear is avaiable to all players if they put in the required time and a lil effort .
22/06/2015 14:05Posted by Legendknight
And i think you find if you look up the stats on any decent site normal/heroic/mythic raiders make up a huge playerbase

If you have numbers, bring 'em.

Last time I looked at numbers from MMO-C, somewhere between 0.5% and 13% of the playerbase could be called raiders, depending on your definition of a True Raider (starting heroic to downing mythic within a few months).
22/06/2015 15:01Posted by Gráinne
Last time I looked at numbers from MMO-C, somewhere between 0.5% and 13% of the playerbase could be called raiders, depending on your definition of a True Raider (starting heroic to downing mythic within a few months).

numbers are counted useing raiders who do normal/heroic/mythic
22/06/2015 14:05Posted by Legendknight
22/06/2015 12:13Posted by Semina
The gear's ilvl 675 so it's better than anything the majority of the player base will have at this stage (save for the legendary ring). The only people in better gear will be the heroic and mythic raiders who comprise only a minority of the player base. For most people, the gear is a significant upgrade.

As to whether that qualifies it as p2w, decide for yourself.

Because the new LFR doesnt drop 675-685 gear for free ? i am right ?

Plus in the upcoming patch you will get

1 piece every 2 weeks from garrison
mythic dungeons offering 680 gear with a chance at 700 piece
CM gear

the 675 gear you are on about is a waste of gold so no it isnt p2win and i suggest you go read the patch notes .All gear is avaiable to all players if they put in the required time and a lil effort .

I said "at this stage". Meaning that right now - at this stage - the gear is better than anything else anyone below the heroic/mythic raiding level.

Sure, it's not as good as what drops in the new LFR but then I never said it was, did I? Am I right?

Maybe you should go and actually read my post before you respond to it. There's a good boy.
22/06/2015 15:15Posted by Semina
I said "at this stage". Meaning that right now - at this stage - the gear is better than anything else anyone below the heroic/mythic raiding level.

Maybe if you read the OP correctly they where talking about gear in 6.2 so posting what you did was totally irrevelent to the thread

Pat on the head theres a good girl stay away from the big boy threads which you seem to understand little of :)
Maybe you should go and actually read my post before you respond to it. There's a good boy.

Maybe you should read the OP. They are talking about 6.2. But you must have missed that part, hmm?

And you wonder why all of your posts are downvoted?

wow.
22/06/2015 15:19Posted by Tholos

Maybe if you read the OP correctly they where talking about gear in 6.2 so posting what you did was totally irrevelent to the thread

Pat on the head theres a good girl stay away from the big boy threads which you seem to understand little of :)

What part of "at this stage" did you not understand?
22/06/2015 15:22Posted by Semina

And what part of "we are talking about 6.2 and not this stage" do you not understand go troll elsewhere .all you want to do is have a go at raiders and troll its not welcome here .
21/06/2015 12:44Posted by Pherousa
n patch 6.2 you can buy 6 pieces of gear with ilvl 675 for 20k gold each piece.

There u go Semina if you want to discuss about 6.2 feel free to anything esle you talk about is trolling and not revelent to the OP posts
22/06/2015 15:04Posted by Legendknight
22/06/2015 15:01Posted by Gráinne

numbers are counted useing raiders who do normal/heroic/mythic

Hm. I've seen different views on that.

But putting that aside, what are those numbers for BRF currently? I can't find them.

Edit: Sorry, found them: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/4924-Blackrock-Foundry-Stats-Blue-Tweets-Setup-of-the-Month-Symmetra-Gameplay?page=3

Further edit: comparing those numbers with SoO http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3689-Armory-Stats-Siege-of-Orgrimmar-Progression-Blue-Tweets-DLC-423

SoO: 71% had done at least some LFR. BRF: 56% have done at least some LFR.

SoO: 41% had done at least some Flex. BRF: 32% have done at least some Normal.

SoO: 26% had done at least some Normal. BRF: 24% have done at least some Heroic.

SoO: 10% had done at least some Heroic. BRF: 4.6% have done at least some Mythic.

SoO: 0.8% had finished Garrosh Heroic. BRF: 0.4% have finished Blackhand Mythic.

I'd say those are broadly comparable percentages, more specific than "huge".
22/06/2015 15:24Posted by Tholos
22/06/2015 15:22Posted by Semina

And what part of "we are talking about 6.2 and not this stage" do you not understand go troll elsewhere .all you want to do is have a go at raiders and troll its not welcome here .

Again, what part of "at this stage" do you not understand?

Believe it or not, Tholos, you don't have to respond to every post I make and call me a troll because you disagree with something I've said. The very thing you're accusing me of is the very thing you're doing right now.
To reply to the original question i this topic - I don't care. Gold is worthless and if they do add items for gold at least u can use it on something.

I really don't see the problem here - what are you using your gold for now? Like really? Pots are cheap, enchants are cheap, gems are cheap, herbs are cheap, ores are cheap

The only way to make gold mean something again is to have useful(ish) items that u can buy for gold.

And also - pay to win implies that by paying you get something that beats everyone else, like an unobtainable piece of gear or weapon that is better than everything a regular player can get.

This is pay-to-skip at best. Or pay-to-be-subpar even. The new gear will be lvl700++++++++ , so this 675 crap will be a reaaaaaaally, really basic, !@#$ty, starter gear.at best.
You should be HAPPY if there are people willing to spend 60 euro on this crap.
LOL
22/06/2015 14:00Posted by Náia
You can win WoW?
Holy carpets, I wonder what I have done the past 10 years then... I must be really bad. :(

I hope there's a prize.
22/06/2015 15:47Posted by Semina
Again, what part of "at this stage" do you not understand?

Believe it or not, Tholos, you don't have to respond to every post I make and call me a troll because you disagree with something I've said. The very thing you're accusing me of is the very thing you're doing right now.

And again why say anything about "current state" when it is nothing to do with the OP at all we are talking about patch 6.2 Semina now stop going off course with the thread
22/06/2015 15:30Posted by Gráinne

True i agree but still bigger numbers then spouted out earlier :P anyways we are talking about 6.2 and p2w and not numbers of raiders which some person brought up saying a minute amount of when you have clearly shown otherwise .

Now back on topic the gold gear is not p2w simple as.
22/06/2015 15:30Posted by Gráinne

Further edit: comparing those numbers with SoO http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3689-Armory-Stats-Siege-of-Orgrimmar-Progression-Blue-Tweets-DLC-423

SoO: 71% had done at least some LFR. BRF: 56% have done at least some LFR.

SoO: 41% had done at least some Flex. BRF: 32% have done at least some Normal.

SoO: 26% had done at least some Normal. BRF: 24% have done at least some Heroic.

SoO: 10% had done at least some Heroic. BRF: 4.6% have done at least some Mythic.

SoO: 0.8% had finished Garrosh Heroic. BRF: 0.4% have finished Blackhand Mythic.

So the 675 ilvl gear is better than anything worn by at most 25% of the playerbase.

It also puts into perspective just how little people raid above normal, and how participation in raiding across the board has dropped since MoP. Does that include figures to the end of MoP or is it cut off after a certain point?
22/06/2015 16:16Posted by Semina
It also puts into perspective just how little people raid above normal, and how participation in raiding across the board has dropped since MoP. Does that include figures to the end of MoP or is it cut off after a certain point?

We have fewer players now then in MoP
There is also the bugged LFG feature for EU server's which means not all regions can use the tool to meet up(EI russians cant meet up with french players) and raid unlike in MoP where OQ covered this tool better.

675 gear is still not the best current gear you can buy for gold atm you can still buy until patch 6.2 mythic gear from BMAH and AH .

Simply break down for you for "current gear"

690 PVP gear free (time and effort)
BMAH mythic gear
AH gear boes from BRF trash
crafted gear

all of them more better then the apex gear so not what you state is totally untrue you dont even need to raid to get better gear.
22/06/2015 16:26Posted by Tholos
675 gear is still not the best current gear you can buy for gold atm you can still buy until patch 6.2 mythic gear from BMAH and AH .

Simply break down for you for "current gear"

690 PVP gear free (time and effort)
BMAH mythic gear
AH gear boes from BRF trash
crafted gear

all of them more better then the apex gear so not what you state is totally untrue you dont even need to raid to get better gear.

Instead of arguing about the 675 gear, why not direct your focus at the gear you mentioned?

Three of the four examples you gave, can also be bought through gold. While it's true that mythic gear will be gone from the Black Market Auction House in 6.2, I'm sure there will still be lots of other gear to spend your gold on.
22/06/2015 17:05Posted by Rayzan
Three of the four examples you gave, can also be bought through gold. While it's true that mythic gear will be gone from the Black Market Auction House in 6.2, I'm sure there will still be lots of other gear to spend your gold on.

My post was merely about p2win it wasnt about the 675 gear in there first point tbh ,like you said all of them can be bought for gold in the end but are vastly better then the 675 apex gear .