The MMO Spirit.

General
Prev 1 3 4 5
add me to bnet if ya want guys, i'll be around later gonzodagreat#2127
I'm getting an advert / website / facebook page sorted atm so I may not be on much tonight. But I look forward to meeting you both in virtual person.

my b.net is Manyfaces#2581
Im gonna be downvoted for telling common sense, because no one on this forum can take common sense obviously.

If you want the social back for you, you can also do it if you start been social to others, instead of hoping others will be social towards you.

Start by helping other players that want help, by helping more and more you bring social back to not only others, but also yourself.

And if you do that others will want to be more social with you.

This is how i have gotten a ton of friends in the game, and it really works!
Read some of the first page.

Tl;dr you want to complain about people not behaving properly in MMORPG and judging you by your gear when you cannot be bothered to do dailys that take 20 minutes a day.

Yeah, I get where you are coming from, but in this case I am not exactly convinced.
I just want to point out that grinding Tanaan for gear is nowhere near as much of a grind as the one I had to do in TBC for joining my first raiding guild where they wanted me to craft for myself a spellfire set. *shivers*

Imagine gathering this much Primal fire while having to deal with a season 2 geared SL/SL warlock and his healer sidekick in a PvP realm
Mote of Fire x510
Mote of Mana x130
Netherweave Cloth x234
Arcane Dust x26
Netherweb Spider Silk x10
17/08/2015 21:23Posted by Izzyfurious
If you want the social back for you, you can also do it if you start been social to others, instead of hoping others will be social towards you.

Start by helping other players that want help, by helping more and more you bring social back to not only others, but also yourself.

Complety the opposite here, i have spend alot of time helping others but once i asked a favor backed they never have, can or want to make time. I'm after asking so many times still stuck on the icc legendary qeust because they can't be arsed to help me on the only not solo part...
@Izzyfurious Indeed, I've always tried to treat other players how I'd like to be treated, yeah OK I make the odd troll joke in trade but I always follow up with proper advice and whilst I don't go round Azeroth wiping players ar$es I enjoy helping others and trying to strike up a conversation.

For some players out there it doesn't come as easy though, some who are just exceedingly shy and need a bit of nurturing, some after taking so much abuse feel they have no option left but to play solo plus without turning this into one of those group finder killed the game posts with all the convenience and random grouping with no accountability for behaviour has been detrimental to the social side of the game.

If someone was an a$$hat yrs ago, you had a word with their officers/GM because realm and guild rep was important, now it's more who the fcuk cares you ain't gonna see them again!

@Efrite, the OP deleted his other characters very recently and decided to make this one his main, can't say I blame him given the upkeep required for alts with multiple garrisons and unlegendary questlines.
@Destruct, is that the bloodqueen part, never done it myself? If ya still stuck my btag's above, sure I can find a 3rd. Do you think it's a plague on our server?
Get conquest gear :)
17/08/2015 22:41Posted by Rhovanor

@Efrite, the OP deleted his other characters very recently and decided to make this one his main, can't say I blame him given the upkeep required for alts with multiple garrisons and unlegendary questlines.

Well it was pretty poorly articulated to say the least.

Although I agree the game is quite wank for many alts if you want them to be competitive.

Just comes across as a massive moaning and evidence of refusal of putting effort into his character, really. :-/

Personally I have given many times opportunities to people with 660 or 670 etc. gear to join mythic dungeon and more often than not it turns out to be someone with understandably poor gear, but no enchants, worst talents possible, awful performance, both, DPS and survivability wise, no interrupts, no dispels.

Heck - I've had enha shaman saying "i am not here to purge" (while sporting 13k dps) on the last boss of Slag Mines when he kept whiping everyone because nobody bothered to interrupt the spell that makes him cause that buff thing which turns into AOE at 3 stack.
17/08/2015 23:15Posted by Efrite
Well it was pretty poorly articulated to say the least.

Well he is from Yorkshire :P
17/08/2015 23:46Posted by Rhovanor

Well he is from Yorkshire :P

Well maybe if he is on some dead hellhole of a server it makes sense, but if you contact a guild you hit up with and that needs 680 gear whilst you have for example 665, you can actually talk to them about it and give them intel about your plan to get quickly to 680 instead of moan about some !@#$ing feeder group, as if it should be the standard to boost people who evidently prefer to victimize themselves than do something worth while.

I doubt anyone turns you down if you tell them that you plan on spending time in Tanan when you can spare the time and do some mythic dungeon/PvP to get upgrades by the time of raid (unless it's super urgent, which would contradict the fact that the same recruitment messages go over and over the trade channel 24 / 7 ... )

If you have problems getting into a dungeon group, you should try to make your own. Most people should know the tactics and you do not need to be leader to explain the tactics, it's just someone putting the group together and moderating it to his or her vision on how the group should be.

If you want to make a case for the game lacking group content before mythic dungeon / raids, etc. I guess you probably have a pretty good standing, but not when you dedicate half of it saying that gear =/= player when you show evidence of piss poor attitude towards gearing up and trying to make yourself an asset to the team.

That is just lazy. Nothing more, nothing less.
18/08/2015 00:00Posted by Efrite
as if it should be the standard to boost people who evidently prefer to victimize themselves than do something worth while.

What is all this crap about boosting? - a feeder group - how we used to do it was maybe one geared member of guild pitching in with LFG Dungeons, MAYBE - most of the time it would be a group of people at your level of gear, working together to progress into the guild's A-team, but there would be a B-team that once geared you went into for trials for the A-team. Progressively. but now it is " we have a slot, you're not geared. /bye "

The feed method you have active members teaming together and if A-team loses a member someone in B-team gets a chance to shine. Some guilds prided themselves on raising talent to be fed to other guilds back in the day.

Oh and to keep it on point. This allowed people to play together instead of soloing.
18/08/2015 00:32Posted by Soåpbox

What is all this crap about boosting? - a feeder group - how we used to do it was maybe one geared member of guild pitching in with LFG Dungeons, MAYBE - most of the time it would be a group of people at your level of gear, working together to progress into the guild's A-team, but there would be a B-team that once geared you went into for trials for the A-team. Progressively. but now it is " we have a slot, you're not geared. /bye "

The feed method you have active members teaming together and if A-team loses a member someone in B-team gets a chance to shine. Some guilds prided themselves on raising talent to be fed to other guilds back in the day.

Oh and to keep it on point. This allowed people to play together instead of soloing.

Sounds like a massive cluster !@#$.

You can just ask guildies to run dungeons with you as well (or dailies)

Although for dailies it's understandably probably easier to just press the LFG tool, but for dungeons, knowing the quality of PUGs, you can group up with a guildie or two to make it better and smoother run.

I have joined many groups that had 4 people from the same guild + me as a random.

But anyway, I would guess that the need for "feeder groups" as you like to call them is not so big with the flexible system for normal and heroic raiding.

And group content is pretty limited, but not because of catch up mechanics.

I don't know about you, but to me the novelty of running through all the raids in the whole expansion every time I want to gear up an alt sounds like dog %^-* .
Im gonna be downvoted for telling common sense, because no one on this forum can take common sense obviously.

This is how i have gotten a ton of friends in the game, and it really works!

That's what I do with my guild since we're not a raiding or rp guild I just want to make friends and do stuff together and have fun. I don't think there's anything wrong with being casual.
If anyone on Argent Dawn wants to hang out and be amongst friendly prople, miles away from eitists and snobs, then give me a whisper sometime.
So you want to be a mighty demon slayer? You should obtain some bigger numbers.
17/08/2015 22:41Posted by Rhovanor
@Izzyfurious Indeed, I've always tried to treat other players how I'd like to be treated, yeah OK I make the odd troll joke in trade but I always follow up with proper advice and whilst I don't go round Azeroth wiping players ar$es I enjoy helping others and trying to strike up a conversation.

For some players out there it doesn't come as easy though, some who are just exceedingly shy and need a bit of nurturing, some after taking so much abuse feel they have no option left but to play solo plus without turning this into one of those group finder killed the game posts with all the convenience and random grouping with no accountability for behaviour has been detrimental to the social side of the game.

If someone was an a$$hat yrs ago, you had a word with their officers/GM because realm and guild rep was important, now it's more who the fcuk cares you ain't gonna see them again!

My respect goes toward you Rhov, ty for making the community a mature and friendly place for everyone to be in :) your a great player for doing this.

17/08/2015 22:11Posted by Destruct

Complety the opposite here, i have spend alot of time helping others but once i asked a favor backed they never have, can or want to make time. I'm after asking so many times still stuck on the icc legendary qeust because they can't be arsed to help me on the only not solo part...

Ty for that, its nice to see i don't get downvoted for common sense talk as i usually do.

Bit related to your answer.

Well if your still struck getting anyone to help you with the icc legendary chain, ill be more than happy to help you.

Normally i do not like to give others my btag out, unlike other people on here, but since this might be a good choice to do here, due to i can be helpful again, i will do a exception this time.

n1ghtcrys#2212

Contact me ingame via that, and let us discuss more about date / time if you wish / want to of course.