remove flying please

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
Maybe blizzard could come up with a best of both worlds solution.

I quite like the current system now if I'm honest. I've not missed flying at all this expansion and will be sorry to see it come back. But if they add flying they should have it gated behind content like lore master, which is what they've done I believe.
Q. What expansion did you begin playing?
A. Vanilla about 2 weeks after launch I think it was.

Q. How did no flying in WOD effect you?
A. Didn't do archeology cos CBA to run around all the damned dig zones. - Again didn't mind not having it for leveling but I do like it at max level. Also upset that my fancy flying mounts look nowhere near as good on ground.

Q. What content do you like to do while playing WoW? Achievements, Dungeons, Raids, PvP, making alts?
A. Nowadays casual all rounder really.

Q. Did you know items such as avianas feather existed in WOD, which effectively allowed you to fly for 2 minutes, every 10 minutes.
A. Yes - but still having to wait and then glide in circles to get to where I want to go it frustrating.

Q. What would you do now if you had flying in WOD?
A. Archeology, finish all those treasure collection jump puzzles easier cos lazy. Fish up lunkers for Pat Nagle.

And yes Kil' but that's what I've said before - I have no prob with no flying whilst lvling but I would like it back at max - and if they lock it behind a meta achieve i don;t mind that - as long as it's available to start when I hit 110 and not 9mnths down the line.
09/08/2015 01:53Posted by Kiljæden
Maybe blizzard could come up with a best of both worlds solution.

I quite like the current system now if I'm honest. I've not missed flying at all this expansion and will be sorry to see it come back. But if they add flying they should have it gated behind content like lore master, which is what they've done I believe.

And this is what i do not understand . How come some people are so frustrated - they are adding flying at the end or last 3rd of expansion - majority of it was without. What harm is done when it comes? And they likely keep the very model and even pro-flyers don't mind WoD model in most aspects. They are giving something to both sides. :)
09/08/2015 01:43Posted by Azryel
how it would be better exactly ? I had whole WoD no flying and tanaan no flying ... I don't see much difference...

if you dont see any difference you dont need it it will make the game better

This didn't answer the question though. Good redirect. So let me ask it differently : what would the flying in Draenor take away from YOU ?
09/08/2015 01:56Posted by Azryel
And this is what i do not understand . How come some people are so frustrated - they are adding flying at the end or last 3rd of expansion - majority of it was without. What harm is done when it comes? And they likely keep the very model and even pro-flyers don't mind WoD model in most aspects. They are giving something to both sides. :)

cause they made alot of people experience it this way and alot of people like it this way even wow devs like it more this way but agian thanks to people complaining on the forums they sadly gave it back but the game is better without i can agree with pvp no flying and pve flying but it just ruins the game if it everywhere
09/08/2015 01:48Posted by Postura
09/08/2015 01:46Posted by Miylee
Why cant you be happy with the current system? Flying for those who have done the content. It's not like the "loremaster" achievement is a fast achievement. Besides, when you've done that chances are that you've seen everything and have no reason to walk.

It doesn't hinder world PVP as by the time anybody has got this achievement nobody can be bothered to go out in the world anyway, so you're not going to find many people to gank whether they fly or not.

cause flying makes the game to easy and boring and less immersion

The game being "easy" has jack !@#$ to do with flying and "boring" is subjective. Go home.
09/08/2015 02:01Posted by Postura
09/08/2015 01:56Posted by Azryel

cause they made alot of people experience it this way and alot of people like it this way even wow devs like it more this way but agian thanks to people complaining on the forums they sadly gave it back but the game is better without i can agree with pvp no flying and pve flying but it just ruins the game if it everywhere

And a lot of people do not like it. Now they are giving something for both. As they say - learn to share. Oh and wPvP wouldn't be affected regardless. As it is as dead even now with land mounts.
more people like the game without flying

09/08/2015 02:02Posted by Miylee
The game being "easy" has jack !@#$ to do with flying and "boring" is subjective. Go home.
`

and yes flying does have to do with the game being easier
09/08/2015 02:05Posted by Postura
more people like the game without flying

09/08/2015 02:02Posted by Miylee
`

Ah yes : more players support my opinion than your opinion. card.
09/08/2015 02:05Posted by Postura

yes because running around hill makes game hard.

its true

09/08/2015 02:05Posted by Azryel

and yes it does make it harder to find stuff and walk around thing and face mobs in your way flying is bad andd ruining this game downvote all you want i will !@#$% about all day untill its gonne dont agree dont i dont care
09/08/2015 02:13Posted by Postura

its true

and yes it does make it harder to find stuff and walk around thing and face mobs in your way flying is bad andd ruining this game downvote all you want i will !@#$% about all day untill its gonne dont agree dont i dont care

yes because for me with i700+ gear facing mobs is very hard challence and they cannot even dismount me (nor can other players, thanks stables) - I want to see what challenge land mount gives me at this stage of expansion. . flying at moment would remove nuisances not remove challenge. there's difference. can you understand that ?

And no, your popularity statement is not true since flying is brought to draenor due POPULAR DEMAND FROM PLAYERS just mere month after tweet where they said no, no flying ever. So it is wise for people in general speak for themselves instead 'whole playerbase' or 'majority of playerbase'.

its true

I've had stables level 2 for some time now, I just run straight through packs of mobs with no concern. And I wouldn't have minded running around paths, hills, ravines etc...if they made something close to a decent and accurate map of the area.

You are among the minority on these forums at least, as you can tell by the replies in this thread.
only cause no flyers are to lazy to complain and now im complaining flying sucks and ruins this game and i wont keep repeating meself and why are all of !@#$%ing is was me opnion but having a opionen it wrong jusdt saying i like the game more without and it ruins the game i get ripped a new one gtfo ^-*!@#$s

its true

I've had stables level 2 for some time now, I just run straight through packs of mobs with no concern. And I wouldn't have minded running around paths, hills, ravines etc...if they made something close to a decent and accurate map of the area.

You are among the minority on these forums at least, as you can tell by the replies in this thread.

Actually US forums, someone said, had quite few major campaigns pro flying, So one cannot say "its just me" or forum minority. It takes, imo, a lot more to change Blizzards mind than few forum posters.

Actually US forums, someone said, had quite few major campaigns pro flying, So one cannot say "its just me" or forum minority. It takes, imo, a lot more to change Blizzards mind than few forum posters.

Please link that thread. You keep mentioning these "polls" and "threads" and yet they fail to materialise.
there are also a few major forum on us about anti flying but hell i still get ripped a new one about giving me ideas
09/08/2015 02:21Posted by Postura
only cause no flyers are to lazy to complain and now im complaining flying sucks and ruins this game and i wont keep repeating meself and why are all of !@#$%ing is was me opnion but having a opionen it wrong jusdt saying i like the game more without and it ruins the game i get ripped a new one gtfo ^-*!@#$s

But yet people refuse to respond how it ruins. I have given you plausible (in my opinion) explanation what has worked against wPvP or general world interaction experience and it has nothing to do with flying, when players do not want to wPvP or prefer to sit on instanced content.

So what exactly is Draenor flying taking from you? Can you even answer that ? Or is it just tantrum for the sake of it ?
go grind horde chars through frostfire ridge... and tell me after the 3rd or 4th you don't want flying
09/08/2015 02:24Posted by Azryel
But yet people refuse to respond how it ruins. I have given you plausible (in my opinion) explanation what has worked against wPvP or general world interaction experience and it has nothing to do with flying, when players do not want to wPvP or prefer to sit on instanced content.

So what exactly is Draenor flying taking from you? Can you even answer that ? Or is it just tantrum for the sake of it ?

read me first post i moved it there

09/08/2015 02:24Posted by Phalhunt
go grind horde chars through frostfire ridge... and tell me after the 3rd or 4th you don't want flying

i have 3 level 100 horde chraracter no trouble in frostfire nothing
09/08/2015 02:26Posted by Postura
i have 3 level 100 horde chraracter no trouble in frostfire nothing

So you do not mind running around hills.But why you refuse to understand that there are people, who do not feel well on zones like Frostfore or Nagrand - which are by the way THE main reasons I want flying. I am not afraid of wPvP, I can do my darn fishing and things if needed, but I just do not like zones like those 2 and every time I reached those zones I felt "f-this I want to fly. It is the zone and map design that makes me want to fly.

So now feel free to call me bad names.

I didnt miss flying in Gorgrond, or Shadowmoon nor Talador. But Nagrand and i felt i am ready to fly.

And yup it is as simple for me. Make less annoying maps than those 2 and I could be in no fly camp.

Now go do some archaeology too in those 2 zones. Heck for me archaeology was mindnumbing in SMV too and its relatively flat zone.

PS I did my loremaster (and treasure hunter) during leveling ! So don't come to tell me I haven't seen or explored the world. And I did more ganking than i was ganked so that's not an issue either