Why i cannot find any main story?

Story
I have the all expansions but all i do is side quests. I saw a trailer that we kill Artras(Lich King). Catalsym etc. But i did none. while i am level 15 or someting I went Lorderon for a mission and Quest giver mentioned about Lich King is killed. So where am i doing wrong? Game is great but i cannot see any story. I joined the wow to see what happens after wc3 and i am disappointed.
I think those storylines are developed more in raids and dungeons.
Thats ridiculous. Wow not going to live long for me...
You joined a few years to late

Illidan, Kil'jaeden, Arthas, The Battle for Undercity, Deathwing, C'thun, Yogg-Saron, etc are all taken care of.

WoW's progression is a mess, it throws you back and forth in time like its nothing...!
Thats why there are private servers, ppl who didn't played expansions before cata can play them.
\Also story with Illidan starts at lvl 58 and LK on lvl 80, you are lvl 43 so you are in cata right now.I know its illogical.
The lore keeps getting updating and currently all the Vanilla lore is mostly gone but the BC lore remains it's pretty much now : Cataclysm>Burning Crusade>WOTLK>Cataclysm>MoP>WoD.

Blizzard made bad choices how they wanted to handle it since lore has been mixed. Best way us to learn things about the main story to read it on sites lile www.wowpedia.com/www.wowwiki.com or watch Youtube video's if you like to see lore being explained by persons instead of reading it.
29/08/2015 17:35Posted by Elasir
Thats why there are private servers, ppl who didn't played expansions before cata can play them.
\Also story with Illidan starts at lvl 58 and LK on lvl 80, you are lvl 43 so you are in cata right now.I know its illogical.

You know you can get banned for "promoting" Private Servers?
you biggest problem is you level now, as long as you are in vanilla areas, you wont se anything related to arthas or illidan, but once you hit lvl 58 and enter outland, you get the illidan story and from there on once you hit proper level you get arthas story.

Vanilla part is now in deathwing era, what meens you get more of that story once you hit cataclysm expac.
29/08/2015 17:49Posted by Moridunum
You know you can get banned for "promoting" Private Servers?

Did I promoted ps now?
I just said that some ppl play on ps, I doubt I will be banned, I had luck to play WOTLK back then so I had no need to play on PS nor I ever played.You can be banned for many things, blizz promoted insulting on blizzcon 2013, not on purpose ofc.Moonflower is insluting everyone and they still didn't take care of her.

29/08/2015 18:05Posted by Waleria
you biggest problem is you level now, as long as you are in vanilla areas, you wont se anything related to arthas or illidan, but once you hit lvl 58 and enter outland, you get the illidan story and from there on once you hit proper level you get arthas story.

Vanilla part is now in deathwing era, what meens you get more of that story once you hit cataclysm expac.

They asked Chris Metzen about this 5 years ago on blizzcon and he said that those are game mechanics and its really bad what they have done, that is one of rerasons for openning legacy servers, if they could only add lfr in WOTLK and BC they could be roleplayable, some quests as questline of battle for Undercity are removed but on legacy servers they would be back, he said that they are working on that problem.

Vanilla story in wow almost no longer exist.
So basicly i cannot play story when i become 58 level for now?
29/08/2015 18:47Posted by Eggha

You can but you will learn the lore of Cataclysm you can learn the lore of Vanilla on sites like www.wowpedia.com or watch youtube video's but beside that no sadly.

You can learn vanilla lore by playing to lvl 60 but there are also cataclysm quests the problem is that you cannot play old raids like Molten Core or Ahn'Qiraj with group because its hard to find people who are lvl 60 and willing to play, you can learn TBC and WOTLK, TBC in Outland 58-70 leveling zones and WOTLK Northrend 70-80 leveling zones.
29/08/2015 19:04Posted by Xhio

You can but you will learn the lore of Cataclysm you can learn the lore of Vanilla on sites like www.wowpedia.com or watch youtube video's but beside that no sadly.

It is sadly for me to not play the story and i don't expect you to understand if you did not play wc3.

29/08/2015 19:10Posted by Elasir

You can learn vanilla lore by playing to lvl 60 but there are also cataclysm quests the problem is that you cannot play old raids like Molten Core or Ahn'Qiraj with group because its hard to find people who are lvl 60 and willing to play, you can learn TBC and WOTLK, TBC in Outland 58-70 leveling zones and WOTLK Northrend 70-80 leveling zones.

Correct me if i am mistaken. Are the main quests about dungeons and raids?
29/08/2015 19:20Posted by Eggha
Are the main quests about dungeons and raids?

Depends on what you mean with main quests

Usually, the questlines set up for the raid and dungeons in that zone, where you defeat the biggest bad guys
It is sadly for me to not play the story and i don't expect you to understand if you did not play wc3.

The reason I play WoW is because of WC3 and I was little disappointed with game mechanics when I started to play especially with level mechanic.

Correct me if i am mistaken. Are the main quests about dungeons and raids

I understand what you want to say, yes the mains scenarios are dungeons and raids there we defeat big bad guys just raids are bigger and because of game mechanics harder, quests are not that important as raids and dungeons but they are important just Raids and Dungeons you are dealing with greater threats.
Correct me if i am mistaken. Are the main quests about dungeons and raids

I understand what you want to say, yes the mains scenarios are dungeons and raids there we defeat big bad guys just raids are bigger and because of game mechanics harder, quests are not that important as raids and dungeons but they are important just Raids and Dungeons you are dealing with greater threats.[/quote]

Thank you.

I played Warcraft 3 but that was around the time when Cata or Mop was released.
Since the cataclysm old zones have changed including quests, wich means that recnt events after the wc3 are not found in-game allot. I'd advice you to pick up the novels instead and start reading those.