NO More Store Mounts!

General
Prev 1 10 11 12 Next
While I do agree that store mounts should be a bit less, I don't really see an end of it. I'm guilty of buying a mount myself (not mine, that was a gift: I gifted a Celestial Steed to my best friend for her birthday): seeing that the mounts sell, that means that the store will keep go.

About the current system: the problem is both that the mounts are kinda horrid, and that they are the same in the wrong way. The Pandaria model, while having its problems (mostly Golden Lotus that gated the other reps: seriously, how is it possible that something like that seemed like a good idea in the first place?) had that nice feeling that the mounts were part of the setting. You wanted the cranes? You farm a specific rep. You wanted the goats? Another specific rep, and go on.

They should have done something like:
- Exarch: all elekks mounts (yeah, only Alliance).
- Frostwolves: all wolf mounts (only Horde).
- "Preservation": all talbuks (seen that their base of operation is in Nagrand)
- Every single achievement related mount: gronnlings (plus the local version of the Time Lost, Gronnling).
And stuff like that. I don't really see a rep working with the boars or the clefthood, with the system, and I don't see a mount working with the Aaroka rep, but it would definitely have been better.
This way, with the mounts that simply put don't belong AT ALL with their rep? I don't know, it just feels disappointing and random.

I do appreciate that the Rukhmar mount is unique. Well, unique with the druid form, but it's still unique: that was a step in the right direction (if only the damned bird would drop it...)

Another thing: I think that there should be more exciting and expensive mounts, of a cool quality like the ones in the store, in game. I mean, REALLY expensive, like 200k gold or more. This way we'll have exciting mounts in game, and the outrageous cost will encourage more tokens to be bought: win for us, win for Blizzard.
WoD would have been so much better if 90% of the store mounts actually were obtainable in-game. It would be something to do. I haven't bothered with most reputation in Draenor because I can't see myself wasting 5k gold on something that is recolored with a bad animation.

Even if they 'fixed' the animations for Boars it still look like they run too fast for their bodies and tiny legs.
Talbuks have probably the most stiff tail I've ever seen, something that is so big and 'fluffy' shouldn't really be looking like steel when it is moving.

Dread Raven from the CE could have been a reward for reaching Exalted with an Arakkoa faction.

Mystic Runesaber. Only reason people think of Khadgar is because of the Arcane 'energy' that the cat has. Blizzard could have easily made a 'second' questchain that involves in taming this kitty that roams around in Draenor and causing trouble.

Grinning Reaver should have been for The Laughing Skull, even though I love it as Alliance it shouldn't have been a store mount. This is 100% theirs, this is the mount for this faction. I don't understand how Blizzard just threw it into the shop and instead replaced it with a wolf that doesn't even belong to the faction itself.

Enchanted Fey Dragon could have been a reward for a faction in Draenor, though it doesn't really belong in terms of lore. Blizzard decided to 'cut corners' and put the Fey Dragon as a Flight Path, they even had a few models around Karabor that showed that they were taken care of the Draenei. To me it fits more as a Council of Exarch reward instead of Sha'tari as they seem to be the 'fighters' and Fey Dragons seem too friendly for combat.

Iron Skyreaver could have either been a drop from a boss (Beastlord Darmac) or could have been the CE mount instead of the Dread Raven. It fits the best as the CE mount because of the Iron Horde theme, and the Dread Raven as CE mount disappointed us when they released a recolor in-game for 150k Apexis (SHAME ON YOU).

Warforged Nightmare doesn't really fit as a Siege of Orgimmar mount. It could have been an Engineering or Blacksmith mount, but even then it just doesn't fit. Could have been a quest (rather than drop) during SoO/WoD to collect X materials to build this horse. I wouldn't mind having mount quests, maybe like the Legendary except you actually can use/have a need for it after the expansion ends instead of throwing it into your bank and just let it rot.

Lets get to the old mounts.

Celestial Steed fits perfectly in the Ulduar theme, it looks similar to Elegon and Algalon and could have been a drop from either of them. But I guess in Blizzards mind, 2 mounts from 1 raid is too much even though Yogg-Saron required a good group to do without any keepers. (Didn't play during that time, don't bash :(.)

Winged Guardian to me doesn't fit anywhere, but reading the description; "Unearthed recently in an ancient tomb, this mighty winged lion may have once served one of the ancient Tol'vir princes". If this belonged to one of the princes we could do a quest chain, or a dungeon for this drop. Quest in an ancient tomb, some more Lara Croft references. Once we find this mount we get it.. or something. You can do a lot of things with these mounts without putting them in the shop.

Heart of the Aspects could have been a Dragon Soul drop, though the raid already had 2 mounts which could cause an issue. But somewhere it would fit into the whole raid, maybe leave the mount as shop but have the pet drop? If Ultraxion didn't drop a mount this could have been the perfect place to put it.

Armored Bloodwing could have been a drop from Throne of Thunder, Isle of Thunder or Mogu'shan Vaults. Anywhere with a Zandalari theme so both factions could obtain it. We asked for a looong time for a bat, and guess where they put it? THE STORE!

Swift Windsteed could have been a drop from Pandaria, anywhere really. Maybe even a world drop. Can't see where this would fit except it has an Asian theme to it. Maybe capture it around Kun-lai Summit? It seems to be roaming around there.

Instead of adding more Store mounts they could have added more TCG that Blizzard sold themselves (not sure how they worked before). I don't know if it is counted as "gambling" in America but that way they could earn a lot more money and it could be a lot more fun than just buying a mount straight out of the store. It is also sad to see that the TCG mounts are dying out. I wanted to buy the Magic Rooster but it hasn't appeared on my servers AH for about 1 month.
remember this?
http://imgur.com/a/0ee7Y/noscript

PVP UI Updates for BGs and Base Capping, announced and presented at Blizzcon with slides in front of the devs and metzen going "i cant believe the sheep still fall for this crap".

Maybe instead of working on the next cash grab that will be missed in Legion (no moose mount from the emerald dream now for filthy sub payers like myself), try to deliver on promised content that we already paid for
Remember when Blizzard's own VP said they would never have Micro-Transactions in WoW? I remember.
Then Activision acquired them.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/20/gdc08-live-from-rob-pardo-talks-about-blizzards-approach-to-mm/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/81640-Blizzard-VP-Says-No-Micro-Transactions-for-World-of-Warcraft

Q: Have you considered micro-transacrtions in WoW?
A: We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.
19/08/2015 11:07Posted by Arathyryr
We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it

This is still true.

19/08/2015 10:06Posted by Psyfiend
Instead of adding more Store mounts they could have added more TCG that Blizzard sold themselves (not sure how they worked before). I don't know if it is counted as "gambling" in America but that way they could earn a lot more money and it could be a lot more fun than just buying a mount straight out of the store.

Yes, forking out 10 times or more money for the mount is "fun".
19/08/2015 11:09Posted by Karzine
Yes, forking out 10 times or more money for the mount is "fun".

Didn't mean it like that
19/08/2015 11:24Posted by Psyfiend
Didn't mean it like that

Well that would be the end result regardless, most would buy whatever loot card they are after on ebay or the like severely overpriced.

Edit/ That's exactly what happened with every TCG item to date, but I guess facts have to be downvoted, can't have the truth get in the way of the raging.
I was going to take you seriously until you spoke about "this moose thing". It's a WINDSTEED. GET IT RIGHT. IT WAS RELEASED IN MOP.
20/08/2015 13:47Posted by Enderium
I was going to take you seriously until you spoke about "this moose thing". It's a WINDSTEED. GET IT RIGHT. IT WAS RELEASED IN MOP.

They are referring to the actual moose not yet released.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19851629/upcoming-pets-and-mounts-sneak-peek-13-08-2015
What Karzine said @ Enderium

Windsteed = fancy talbuk.

Magic moose = store mount coming in a believe patch 6.2.2 (apparently it can fly I think i saw somewhere)

Also new winter's veil mount is a reskin of the Challenge Mode Yeti (minion of grumpus).
20/08/2015 14:40Posted by Belvarn
Windsteed = fancy talbuk.

Only apart from the fact that it has unique animations and sounds...animations that they later used for the Warforged Nightmare which made that mount look beyond silly as it runs.

The Draenor talbuks are "fancy talbuks", since they actually use the same skeleton and animations as the old talbuks...
14/08/2015 18:57Posted by Stain
STOP MAKING STORE MOUNTS.

The onus should never be on the seller to stop you from buying something which was inferred when you said they should stop making Store Mounts.

But I guess more players would agree with you if your cause was aimed at Blizzard (STOP MAKING STORE MOUNTS) rather than it being aimed them (STOP BUYING STORE MOUNTS).
Well the only thing that bothers me are the prices for them.
Firstly. 20 euro is not the same as 20 dollars (so, please Blizzard adjust the exchange-rate proper.
Secondly, the prices are to high. Lower it to max 10 euro each.
Thirdly, Release package discount deals. And do the discount deals multiple times a year.
Well, whoopsy. I apologize then. I didn't know they were releasing a moose. But dat Demon Hunter murloc doe.
What I'm worried about, is that the moose might actually not be obtainable in any other way than cashing out. And sure, I understand the idea behind having cosmetic items for those who wish to buy them, but I seriously worry about Legion having the WoD model of reskins and rushed mounts, leaving a lot of potential content behind a "paywall".
The grinning reaver or mystic runesaber, could've had some sort of Netherwing-esque quest chain I think, instead of being store mounts, which to me is wasted potential content in an expansion with lack thereof.
Sarqai - as far as we know it isn't obtainable another way other than the Store.

And that's exactly what people are getting upset over.

(no problem with store mounts / pets - I have some myself I've admitted that and why in previous posts - brought when on offer / charity offers)

If only they introduced thematic mounts in game as rep rewards rather than paywalls (especially when the main game is lacking so much content).
19/08/2015 11:07Posted by Arathyryr
Remember when Blizzard's own VP said they would never have Micro-Transactions in WoW? I remember.
Then Activision acquired them.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/20/gdc08-live-from-rob-pardo-talks-about-blizzards-approach-to-mm/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/81640-Blizzard-VP-Says-No-Micro-Transactions-for-World-of-Warcraft

Q: Have you considered micro-transacrtions in WoW?
A: We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.

Here's the continuation of that quote:

Q: But it might make it easier for the casuals to catch up....
A: They aren't going to be the ones spending the money.

So it sounds more like he was talking about buying gold, gear etc.

Also, the "level playing field" bit makes it clear that he certainly was not thinking of mounts as they have only cosmetic effects and therefore do not affect the playing field at all.
I can't believe people are comparing WoW's cash shop to other F2P cash shops... Are you people stupid, or what...??

Blizzard is not selling anything in their cash shop that gives anyone any advantages over any other players for starters.

Secondly, they sell only cosmetic items. Convenience items that have absolutely no, zero, 0, effect on gameplay or PVP.

The reason people are frustrated is because they can't afford these convenience items, i guess, and wants them for free ingame.

Some even listed mounts that were part of the CE rewards for those of us who bought the CE of past expansions. Get it? They were rewards. What else would you have them add to the CE's instead? Please... Cry me a river... You know the drill.

Add to the fact that nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head forcing you/them to buy these mounts.

Store mounts are supposed to be unique. They aren't just "recolors". If people think they're just recolored versions of other ingame mounts, they need to get their eyes checked, asap...

For every positive thing they add, there is always that minority group that lives and breathes to complain about it. Get over yourselves people... Play the game and turn off the shop icon ingame if it bothers you that much.
In all honesty.Who gives a damn about mounts.You pay for a game with no content for 9 months now,Blizz came out and said yea we failed with WoD (which btw did nothing to add to the game since they realised their mistake).You should be "protesting" about that.
I play this game 10 years and so far even with all the mounts i have obtained,i roughly use 6,The only mount worth for me is Invincible,but hey that's me.
The store is not forced to you,it's optional and before anyone starts saying about simply reskins,well the Fay dragon is a reskin of the Drakes,Rune nightsaber(wth it's called) a reskin of Night elf panthers.Who cares.You like it?Buy it,Don't like it?Move along and stop !@#$%ing.Farm your own mounts from demanding achievs,as long as you feel ok nothing else matters.
Protest and Protest! Stop this corporate greed! We are PLAYERS, not Customers!

LOL...!