Buying the game, subscription, game time

New/Returning Player Questions & Guides
Hello,

I'm new to WoW and I like the Starter Edition so far. I have a few questions on how the server services work.
First, I get a pop-up windows once in a while saying i can get the upgraded version "World of Warcraft" for 50% less (7.5 euros). Does this version include all the expansions but the Warlords of Dreanor?

Second, do I get some time to play if I buy just World of Warcraft for the 7.5 euros? I read people got a month long "free" subscription.

Third, Let's say I bought 30 days subscription today. Does it mean I won't be able to play after 9/16/2015?

Fourth, Let's sayI didn't buy 30 days subscription but I bought 30 days game time. Does that mean I now have 720 hours to play?

Thank you :)
1. should be,yes
(at least everything up to MoP is in the battlechest now, which should be the thing they want to sell you there)

2. buying the game comes with a free month gametime, yes

3. When your subscription runs out your account will be downgraded to a starter account. This means that you still can log into the game, but all restrictions you have right now will be re-applied and all characters above level 20 will be set inactive, which means you cant log in on them

4. 30day subscription and game time card are the same. The timecard just applies a subscription to your account. its kind of a relic from old days, where least people had a credit card and there was no paypal etc
Allright, thank you :)
I have one more question.. How much is the subscription for certain periods of time? I can see that 30 days of game time is 14,99 USD, but when I click on the subscriptions it gives me an error. So are these two things at the same price point or different?
there are different kinds of time periods you can subscribe for

1 month 12.99

3 months 35,97

6 months 65,94

but also note that youcan buy gamestime with ingame currency now. One month tends to be like 45.000 - 48.000 gold at the moment
holy moly... that's A LOT. Allright, I think I changed my mind. Thanks, I won't be spending time and a ton of money on such thing.
well its a lot of money indeed, but the money / playtime ratio is incredibly good overall
If you have the time to play. I mean i could play 3-4 hours the most during weekdays
im having trouble understanding this...
i bought the world of warcraft normal edition for £9.99
and i bought game time...
but when my game time runs out does it mean i will be downgraded to the starter edition
but if i buy an expansion pack e.g the upcoming legion expansion pack does that mean i will have unlimited game time in legion?
24/08/2015 15:02Posted by Wowdeathmark
but when my game time runs out does it mean i will be downgraded to the starter edition

It's called a veteran account by most and it has the same restrictions as a starter account, you will not lose any characters over 20, they will just become unplayable.

24/08/2015 15:02Posted by Wowdeathmark
but if i buy an expansion pack e.g the upcoming legion expansion pack does that mean i will have unlimited game time in legion?

No, it's still a monthly fee to play, but you would need to buy Warlords of Draenor first as you can't upgrade from the basic game to Legion when it comes out. No expansion comes with any game time.

There is talk that once Legion comes out WoD will be included in the basic pack but there is no confirmation of this, but it happened with MoP about a month after WoD came out.
Poorly Done By Blizzard In My Opinion They Should Make It Simple And Just Let People Buy The Game Without Game-Time.....
24/08/2015 15:15Posted by Wowdeathmark
Poorly Done By Blizzard In My Opinion They Should Make It Simple And Just Let People Buy The Game Without Game-Time.....

That's called going Free to Play and is generally viewed as not a good thing round here.
I have a question and its basicly just what is the whole Buy a 6 month subscription and save 24 euros a year?
30/04/2016 21:00Posted by Trolpus
I have a question and its basicly just what is the whole Buy a 6 month subscription and save 24 euros a year?

yeap.
so is subsription game time
24/08/2015 15:15Posted by Wowdeathmark

WoW free to play would result in even more chaos then it already is and Blizz wouldn't afford to create new games/expansion/WoW movie or whatevs they come up with.
I have hated first person shooter games but I want to play Overwatch, it seems very inovative, and I doubt they could have made it without all the money they get.
An average of 12 euro/month for a hobby, that ain't much:) and all those 'free to play' games come with a 'shop' , meaning endgame> lots of money.
I have seen players fork out 500 euro month .. and they ain't an exception
I prefer by far the subscription , all are equal, you work > endgame , same amount of money as sitting in stormwind doing nothing.
12 euro ain't even the price of 3 beers in a pub:P ..
12/07/2016 01:37Posted by Noordewind
12 euro ain't even the price of 3 beers in a pub:P ..

omg, where do you live? in my country one can buy nearly 13 beers for 12 euro :D and it is really good quality beer.
15/08/2015 18:50Posted by Varikage
The timecard just applies a subscription to your account. its kind of a relic from old days, where least people had a credit card and there was no paypal etc

I still prefer game cards, one can add as much as one likes and Battle.net will show their status (expired/active/pending). If WoW ever goes free-to-play, I hope they'll make those balance cards available accross whole of EU.
HI IS I BUY WOW DO I HAVE TO PAY EVERY MONTH OR IS IT ONCE OFF??