Please stop it with all of these store mounts

General
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
17/08/2015 05:12Posted by Raskolnikow
Stop making ingame mounts only recolours.

I think recolours are okay, because it creates some customization. You can have a mount that fits together with your gear.
19/08/2015 16:02Posted by Devyxero
17/08/2015 05:12Posted by Raskolnikow
Stop making ingame mounts only recolours.

I think recolours are okay, because it creates some customization. You can have a mount that fits together with your gear.

Or have a completely new mount once in a while? Just like we get in the STORE if we pay extra money besides the subscription fee.... And that is kind of the point in this thread that people are sick of getting ONLY recolors of really really old mounts, it's like they are running out of ideas for the game, but no they havnt because if you open up the store you can see plenty of great ideas!

I really miss the times when a sub fee was enough to get ALL THE CONTENT....
13/08/2015 00:33Posted by Poly
Ever considered the possibility that the profits made from the store could allow for more resources to be spent on the game?

The paradox is that if nobody has a reason to login to the game there will also be no reason to buy a mount for a game that you dont play... In the long term this makes blizzard lose money.

They dont see it now but they will when its too late. /sad

Edit: When there is 1 subscriber left will they still be making store mounts for him to buy, so that this solitary billionaire can keep blizzard alive. /joke
22/08/2015 15:47Posted by Wispy
13/08/2015 00:33Posted by Poly
Ever considered the possibility that the profits made from the store could allow for more resources to be spent on the game?

The paradox is that if nobody has a reason to login to the game there will also be no reason to buy a mount for a game that you dont play... In the long term this makes blizzard lose money.

Edit: When there is 1 subscriber left will they still be making store mounts for him to buy, so that this solitary billionaire can keep blizzard alive. /joke

It's the reverse!

Store mounts provide still another reason to make sure to make great content to keep subscribers around, and subsidizes the development of such content.
13/08/2015 00:18Posted by Thalael
I'm really starting to see a pattern here. Right now there are already so many store mounts and pets in the game that, if you'd want every single one of them, you're going to have to empty your wallet to the last dime unless you're bloody rich. We had the Mystic Runesaber, like what, 6-7 weeks ago? Now you're already planning to bring out another moose mount. This is just absolutely ridiculous. You spent more resources on store mounts than you did on decent content for the game.

There is no need to spam the store with all of these cash-grab mounts. It's really becoming too much similar to Riot Games bringing out skins every single one to two weeks.

Edit; Here's a pretty good video from Bellular Gaming who will give you more insight about the store, the various recolored mounts WoD has given us whilst the mounts with more effort and the ones who should have been in the game (like the Grinning Reaver) are in the store;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfIFBsEBcQc

So, you're basically telling Blizzard to stop trying to make money...

If you owned a company and were following that same ideal, then your company would go bankrupt really fast.

Linking to a youtube vid is not helping your case either. Usually, youtube streamers voicing an opinion doesn't do anything but just that, voicing their opinion, and like you, if they owned their own company they'd go bankrupt really fast.

A company has to make money any way possible, otherwise they won't survive in this particular industry for very long, and competition is always shifting.

I'd really like the nay-sayers, who proclaim themselves world leading authorities on these matters to actually put some kind of scholoarships or anything to back up their selfproclaimed knowledge and insight into the industry and whatnot, because what a lot of people say here, would only work in a perfect world. The gaming industry is anything BUT a perfect world. Every day is a struggle for survival. Slip up once, and you're looking at a nightmare of a time getting back on your feet.

Selling mounts is nothing compared to what other companies sell in their cash shops mind you... Some sell exp boosts, healing potions that can only be obtained through their cash shops, crafting boosters, etc. If you look at it that way, you should be thankful that Blizzard hasn't added those items ontop of the mounts.

There are too many ungrateful players in this community these days... How i miss the old days... R.I.P 2004...
I am being totally objective here, because most points made on this topic are definitely not reasonable.

I don't understand why there is so much complaint about an optional part of the game. I haven't bought any store items yet and I don't intend to do so in the near future and the store and whatever inside it do not bother me at all. Can't you just leave it alone and let those who enjoy the store items to continue to do so?

I am not a veteran player, so please correct me if I am wrong about my following comments:

Right now there are already so many store mounts and pets in the game that, if you'd want every single one of them, you're going to have to empty your wallet to the last dime unless you're bloody rich.

I did a math and all store mounts add up to €205, and all store pets add up to €100. In total, it makes €305. Assuming you purchased the last expansion and you have played the game for at least two years, how much did you pay for the expansion + 2 years of game time? With current prices, 2 x 12 x 13 + 45 = €357.

It's really becoming too much similar to Riot Games bringing out skins every single one to two weeks.

The last time I checked the shop, there were 10 mounts and 10 pets. For a game that is 10+ years old, I would have expected a lot more items in the store.

You spent more resources on store mounts than you did on decent content for the game.

I know the above comment is made from a "there isn't enough end game content" perspective which I agree based on the things I read, but it is simply not the case. Modeling, texturing and animating a mount is a very quick and straightforward task that can be done in a very short time. Cannot even be compared to one single complex quest or one single raid boss encounter.

There is no need to spam the store with all of these cash-grab mounts.

Believe me if you do not visit the shop, you will never be exposed to that "spam".

Edit; Here's a pretty good video from Bellular Gaming who will give you more insight about the store, the various recolored mounts WoD has given us whilst the mounts with more effort and the ones who should have been in the game (like the Grinning Reaver) are in the store;

According to the following guide

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/vanity-collections/warlords-of-draenor-mount-collectors-guide

WoD introduced 69 new mounts. I don't know how many of them are recolors but with a brief inspection I saw a lot of unique and awesome mounts that I would like to have. How many of them are in the store? Only 2.

To sum up, this complaint has no valid argument.
GHOSTCRAWLER PROMISED US A MOOSE!
Thank you, Sewati and Eom, for joining in here with some common sense, there's been a great lack of that in this thread.
I feel like I am the only one who never clicks on the store tab.

Like, ever.
I'm very sorry about the Grove Warden. With ten years behind me as a proud druid I really wanted a great druid themed mount in the game, and now I see it is store only. This is worse than not getting a mount.

I won't buy virtual goods with real money. I don't think it's a rational thing to do. I bought the Cenarion Hatchling - but it was in part for charity, and I wanted the campaign to succeed (which it did), to show that gamers care. But for simple in-game showoff value I'm not buying a mount, so I'll be left out of the first real druid themed mount, despite playing a druid for ten years (almost a whole year /played).

I feel a bit betrayed now.
22/08/2015 16:13Posted by Thalbard
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It's the reverse!

Store mounts provide still another reason to make sure to make great content to keep subscribers around, and subsidizes the development of such content.

Subsidise? are you mad? we pay them a boat load of money already - the expansion then the subscription - people must be shelling out alteast 140 pounds per year...

There are shareholders profiting from this game without knowing a damn thing about it - thats where most of the money is going, only a minority of it is being reinvested back into making content...
23/08/2015 10:56Posted by Boush
GHOSTCRAWLER PROMISED US A MOOSE!

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BYyAEGWrl4
Disgusting Greed. Stop it.
@Sewati

You don't believe those words you type right? Are you really that delusional to deny the facts in front of you?
23/08/2015 06:33Posted by Sewati
A company has to make money any way possible, otherwise they won't survive in this particular industry for very long, and competition is always shifting.

Yeah, but a company like Blizzard also has to produce meaningful content otherwise they won't survive in this particular industry for very long. They continue at this rate i.e. putting more effort into releasing store mounts than actually giving players a reason to pay £10 a month, then they'll no longer dominate the MMO industry like they have for so long.
this game sucks so bad now.
Sorry for asking,but are the buyable mounts available for low level?? (6 and above)
dat necro and you can only use mounts at lvl 20 apart from 1 hierloom mount some have higher lvl restrictions aswell

here is a good guide on mounts

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/vanity-collections/mount-collecting-the-completionist-guide
06/07/2016 00:14Posted by Reivel
Sorry for asking,but are the buyable mounts available for low level?? (6 and above)

Yeah, you really should have made a new thread, probably in New Players forum.

But to answer your question, you can buy them but can't use them until level 20.

If you want to buy riding before that with your Real Money, use your Real Money to buy a Token, and with the gold buy 35 Heirlooms from the vendor in Hall of Explorers in Ironforge. That'll get you a Chauffeured Chopper you can use from level 1 - and a set of heirlooms for your characters as well. And you'll still have 60K+ gold left over.