Arthas back to life?

Story
1 2 3 8 Next
Is any posibility to see Arthas come back to life as a forsaken or Allience? it will be a good idea to see back the Arthas becase is a powerfull death Knight And Paladin. what is your opinion?
No.

No more bloody 'setbacks' please.
Let the guy stay dead. . .
If he joins one side it'll only cause an ocean of whine.
Dead is dead for him!
Icecrown Citadel was merely a setback.
11/01/2011 2:27 PMPosted by Freyayr
Icecrown Citadel was merely a setback.

How about...

"Ner`Zhul`s hat was merely a setback"

Or "Death was merely a setback" like Kael`thas did?
Arthas coming back would be a "Seeing the Monster" kind of thing. Arthas is a great character because we only saw him rarely and unlike Kael, he didnt return after he;d been beaten. Let's leave him that way.

Although I fully support a ressurected Dranosh.
Nah Dranosh coming back would hurt Saurfang's development.
Besides if they brought him back you just know they'd turn him into another Garrosh, and at that point I'd have to stab everyone at Blizzard.

Also, Saurfang for Warchief!
The thing with Dranosh is he possess the same temperment and personality for the most part anyway that Saurfang does so I'd doubt he'd be another Garrosh. Though my comment about his ressurection was supposed to be a joke taken light heartedly ^^
Blizzard has said that he wont be returning (and I hope they keep there words on that)
11/01/2011 4:10 PMPosted by Marrowscar
The thing with Dranosh is he possess the same temperment and personality for the most part anyway that Saurfang does so I'd doubt he'd be another Garrosh. Though my comment about his ressurection was supposed to be a joke taken light heartedly ^^

I just don't trust Blizz. Granted Garrosh was never a compelling character to begin with, but damn.

11/01/2011 4:10 PMPosted by Cfalcon
Blizzard has said that he wont be returning (and I hope they keep there words on that)

I would hope so too. They turned poor Kael'Thas into a parody of himself (that will never go away thanks to the merely a setback meme), and characters in Warcraft really need to learn to STAY DEAD!
11/01/2011 4:13 PMPosted by Freyayr

I just don't trust Blizz. Granted Garrosh was never a compelling character to begin with, but damn.

I would hope so too. They turned poor Kael'Thas into a parody of himself (that will never go away thanks to the merely a setback meme), and characters in Warcraft really need to learn to STAY DEAD!

*cough*Sylvannas*cough*
11/01/2011 4:13 PMPosted by Freyayr

I will never get the hate that Kaelthas got in WOW
That's because Kael'thas was too ridicilous for words. What use was there in making him a pawn of Kil'jaeden, just WHAT?

I still cover my face in my palm every time I see his deformed body in MgT.
11/01/2011 4:20 PMPosted by Zhodoa
That's because Kael'thas was too ridicilous for words. What use was there in making him a pawn of Kil'jaeden, just WHAT?

he joined the burning legion perhaps?

and I think that deformed body is just a way to show how low a high leader has fallen

11/01/2011 4:20 PMPosted by Zhodoa

It was used to set up the Sunwell raid.
But it was still silly, justified by "he's insane" (I suppose today it'd be "an Old God did it").

They could've still set it up if they did it like Kael'Thas was trying to STOP Kil'Jaeden and in his desperation he seized Tempest Keep and did bad things to the Draenei. But no let's bring him back and make him a silly puppet.

11/01/2011 4:23 PMPosted by Cfalcon
he joined the burning legion perhaps?

and I think that deformed body is just a way to show how low a high leader has fallen

Probably but it just became unintentionally silly.
Plus call me sentimental but I played WC3, he didn't deserve that.
My theory for Kael'thas:

Aethas reveals himself to be the goodness that had been locked away inside Kael's body. He was reborn by the powers of the sunwell and Naaru combined, he supplants himself within the Kirin'Tor awaiting the day when he can reclaim his throne and banish the legion for what they did to him and his people. Upon the moment of his rebirth he will declare

"BECOMING A DEMI-DEMON WAS MERELY A SET BACK!"

He proceeds to leave Quel'danas and begin life as Aethas Sunreaver soon to become Sun King Sunreaver.
Click the shiny golden statue in the middle of Dalaran. Pay close attention when Arthas mutters the words:

"Father, is it over?"
11/01/2011 10:16 PMPosted by Charleston
Click the shiny golden statue in the middle of Dalaran. Pay close attention when Arthas mutters the words:

"Father, is it over?"

Seems Arthas knew what was to follow: "No my son, ICC was merely a setback."

But no Arthas must stay dead, I killed him and i don't like being known as the guy who couldn't kill one whiny prince turned evil. Although I do feel that there is more story to tell, after all what happened to his body, is it still chilling up in the throne room? How about frostmourne? But more than likely these are things blizzard is leaving for future expansions (or future sequels).
Arthas stays dead. If you can interprete story-telling even a little bit, you know it's true.

Arthas is gone.
Frostmourne is shattered.

Nerzhul, unknown.
Bolvar, there.
if you played Warcraft 3: The frozen throne then you will know that when arthas was a DK, at a 10th of his power, he completely owns illidan, but then he has his strength restored, and becomes the lich king, so surely he should be harder than he was in icc? i think hes up to something. frostmourne can be reforged, bolvar is out cold for the next 5 years (if arthas is anything to go by) and could easily be killed by the cult of the damned. arthas brought back kel'thuzad back in the sunwell. maybe kel'thuzad will return the favour?