Hmm is this really true?

Druid
Prev 1 14 15 16 68 Next
Why the hell would they do that...... first berserk vs fear classes and now shapeshifting vs mage and other root abilitys!?
Gj best nerf ever!
But this will not kill me I will play feral cuz I always have played it and will always do it!
*blue*

"We felt like Moonkins were the worst class in WoW, so we decided to finally kill them all... Please do understand our reasoning behind this genocide, as we feel sorry when seeing so many of them struggling and suffering every PvP day"

(P.S. genocide is a word that should be used when it's about a lot of Moonkin. Clearly in this case it's just single, double... TRIPLE maybe kill. There aren't more than 2-3 Moonkins per server anyway)
Blizz go too far with druid nerfs. Feral druid is not so imba as frost mage.
13/01/2011 7:39 PMPosted by Blastpit
Feral means shapeshifting in pvp and I think blizzard has no idea about pvp system of feral. Mages don't need trinket to remove a stun effect and root effect too. Do the same nerf for blink and see what will happened to mages.

Just #!*#ing loL blizz.

You compare shapeshifting with only global- cooldown which causes you to remove slows, roots and become immune to Polymorphs and disarms to Blink which is the only distance gaining ability a mage has which is on 15 sec cd? Please.
13/01/2011 11:20 PMPosted by Tomatojoe
Feral means shapeshifting in pvp and I think blizzard has no idea about pvp system of feral. Mages don't need trinket to remove a stun effect and root effect too. Do the same nerf for blink and see what will happened to mages.

Just #!*#ing loL blizz.

You compare shapeshifting with only global- cooldown which causes you to remove slows, roots and become immune to Polymorphs and disarms to Blink which is the only distance gaining ability a mage has which is on 15 sec cd? Please.

Poor Mage.

In any event, should've levelled a Warlock or boosted up my Mage. This is just taking it too far .. being this mobile was the reason I made this character in the first place. It may not be that much of an impact on Resto as we have Magic dispell, but it sure as hell is highly annoying and makes me QQ :(
Words cannot describe the stupidity of this change should it go ahead.

I'd like to hear their reasoning for this idea because as fa s I can see there is no solid ground for this thing to stand on -.-

~ Kurei
Blizzard: Why don't you post my real life name and my social security on these forums. And tell shamans to stop expecting communications with blizzard. And druids needs to leanr that the last 6 years meant nothing to Blizzard. Everything has to go in the all mighty delusion that is Esports Arena.

No I say. I had it with this blatent disregard for class core abilities. If you didn't want us to play with your toys then why did you invite us over? To gawk at your subscription numbers? I can tell you: that grows boring really fast.

This one you got wrong. Plain and simple.
I'd like to hear their reasoning for this idea because as fa s I can see there is no solid ground for this thing to stand on -.-

its their game, they dont have to justify anything to any of you internet plebs.
deal with it, dont like it? cancel your subscription.

There is no game without players, players has nothing to do with all these; i for one am tired of these changes, same thing happened to my paladin years ago now this, nerf is understandable but taking away a core ability that makes a class different than others for 6 years is not...

Blizz cannot handle Hybrids thats the bottom line..
14/01/2011 10:12 AMPosted by Mangeclaw

its their game, they dont have to justify anything to any of you internet plebs.
deal with it, dont like it? cancel your subscription.

Alrdy have and to be honest you have go to be an alt to be as completly thick as you are about our class.
stop crying already, you feral druids want to stick on your target 24 /7 with one of the best dmg ingame. You already have 30% movement speed increase so shush
Patch 4.0.6: Restoration
Tree of Life Polymorph immunity change reverted

@threepwood: It's not only get the shaft. A moonkin not being able to shapeshift out of frostnova is a huge deal.. free 20k ice lance crits ftw?

Even a resto who shapeshift into tree for 40 seconds every 3 min get nerfed. We can now be sheeped

That's only the first step tbh.
Soon ferals can be sheeped in catform aswell
why do i see alot of fresh druids alts on this thread who actually have other main class, who haven't actually did any arena at all or maybe 2-3 games lets be honest , the druid shapeshift was way to much .... after the glyph of root / bleeds / bear dmg ... how much are they willing to nerf in just 1 patch.....while other classes like DK / Mage are getting buffed on some retarded abilitys while the nerf they get are very poor.... its like nerfing my nature grasp from 3 stacks to 2 stacks ... End of Thread
Solution :

1.Set your druid to hybernation.
2.Level all alts to 85 and play with the least nerfed.
3.QQ a couple of years on the forums.
4.When the nerf storm is gone wake the druid up.
13/01/2011 4:54 AMPosted by Structurouz
Shapeshifts: Entering or leaving a shapeshift no longer cancels root effects. It continues to cancel movement slowing effects.

this will be changing the overall druid playstyle a bit. Anyone know if this is actually going to happen?

it is going to happen. ghostcrawler was playing on his mage and was defeated by a druid who bypassed 4 frost novas and trinketed the deep freeze. so ferals have to be nerfed.

they are now a dps class who cant get out of a root under their own power unlike paladins/hunters/priests/shamans/warriors/mages.

GG blizzard removing this.. while just about any class can jump a root without a trinket. Listen to mage QQ much?
14/01/2011 10:34 AMPosted by Threepwoodd
stop crying already, you feral druids want to stick on your target 24 /7 with one of the best dmg ingame. You already have 30% movement speed increase so shush

best dmg ingame? it gets really low on targets with resilience..
13/01/2011 9:48 PMPosted by Reward
Why the hell would they do that...... first berserk vs fear classes and now shapeshifting vs mage and other root abilitys!?
Gj best nerf ever!
But this will not kill me I will play feral cuz I always have played it and will always do it!

this change can only go live if they nerf frost nova and frost armor to hell. and take frost nova from that stupid pet and take frost nova from the cd reset.

but that's not gonna happen if the lead dev still plays mage. Notice the lack of mage nerfs?
Have a druid myself on another account. I´ve played it for many years and all I can say to this change is: is it april 1st already?

I read the posts of everyone that disagrees with this change. Many have exactly put it the way I would've done it. Reading the changes, not only this one, makes me wonder if new developers have been hired to work on the game. The massive changes made to classes is barely recognizable compared to what we're used to all these years. Changes in previous expansions weren't as hard as they are in Cataclysm; skills got added, talent trees were revamped, maybe some skills were changed/removed, but I think for the bigger part we could live with it. But now? I have started to wonder if it's still the same game I once started playing many years ago.

When I rolled my feral druid, one of the main reasons for doing it was because I liked the core mechanism of being able to shift out the roots/snares abilities. We didn't have much else, but the mobility was the factor I valued highly and was reason enough for me to stick to it, despite being totally worthless in countless of arena seasons.

The start of an expansion always takes patience, as the level cap gets raised, HP pools increase, new skills get added and much more. Therefore, seeing all kinds of adjustments in damage and abilities in order to keep everything at a balance is very understandable and is something I won't argue against.

You concluded feral bleed damage was too high. Fair enough, you seek the solution in trying to transfer this damage to our direct damage dealing abilities Mangle & Shred. You concluded berserk immunity was too much as ferals already have a large toolbox of escaping CC abilities. Fair enough, I suppose those 15/20 seconds of fear immunity in addition to the polymorph immunity and being able to escape root/snare is rather a big advantage for a feral. I can live with it.
However, you've reached the point where you try to look for more balance by totally changing the CORE mechanic of a druid, which has always been (for me at least) the main strength of all three trees. In my honest opinion this is where you've taken the wrong turn. The change would influence our game play way too much in a negative way, considering we have little to no tools to counter this.
Even if new tools would be granted to help us with this change, I still would rather get my ability of shifting out of the root/snare back because THIS is what makes druids unique.

I respect every class is supposed to be liable to changes, but please try and find the balance elsewhere.

A very concerned druid.

well said

ridiculous change
This ain't right! Druids have always worked like this. They'll remove every spell that is fun! not fair!!
Hi everybody,

Here is a little feedback regarding the Druid changes currently being tested on the PTR, but first we would like to remind everybody that nothing has yet been set in stone… It is a test realm after all.

As you may have heard before, we are moving away from PvP based on hard counters, where one class can be completely immune to the control mechanics of another class. Because Druids were so very capable of avoiding control mechanics of other classes, Druids never had a great need of additional support from any other classes.

We realise that this change (if it makes it all the way to live realms) will have a great impact on the Druid class, so to compensate we have added additional damage output, which Feral Druids in particular will benefit from. We also realise that Balance Druids and Restoration Druids may not be compensated enough from this change as it is right now, so we are looking into ways of compensating these specs as well.

Again, please keep in mind that what is being tested on the PTR will not necessarily make it to live realms. If we find that a change does not work the way we want it to, then we will either revert the change or try something different.

We encourage everyone to test things out on the PTR and we will be grateful if you will also post feedback about your experiences there. The more constructive feedback we get on changes like these from people who have tried and tested them, the better we can make adjustments or further changes.