Over powered Tauren Class(Herbalism)

Professions
1 2 3 8 Next
I'm just wanting to bring to light how frustrating it is going up against a druid tauren in flight form. Not only can they loot herbs in flight form, but also do it at lightning speed. I think they should just remove the speed looting from racial and put it into the actual skill itself. Its highly unreasonable that the race can get 15+ skill and the fast looting when other races in alliance only get the skill(apart from skinning but the creature is bound to the person). Having the racial talents they have without it would still overpower alot of the alliance's racial talents. Hope people that read this feel the same.

Thanks for reading,

Cimmy
I've been gathering herbs for inscription in both the Twilight Highlands and Uldum. In Uldum almost exclusively whiptail which grows along the only river in the zone. I get at least 5 stacks per hour or so, and I can guarantee you that there are lots of people flying around doing the same.

What I recommend, if this frustrates you, and I can understand that it does, is the following:

- Never, EVER, chase people. If you see someone flying in front of you, turn around and head back.

- You can also pick a smaller area and patrol that. The larger the area you fly over, the more likely there's other people spotting herbs as they spawn. What I often did in Uldum was circle the Lost City in the delta there. That gave me a very small area, but since I was on top of that small area it got me big gains since most other people fly all over the place, making me the first to get to a herb (most of the time).

- Fly LOW. I always fly barely above the water's surface. Why? Because that means the time it takes for me to reach the shore and land is that much shorter, giving me a few valuable seconds.

- The most obvious is time of day. Clearly there are not as many people online at 5AM or during work days. Friday nights and Saturdays is when people go out to be social, which means people like me get to pick a lot of extra herbs. Who needs IRL!

None of this will change the fact that tauren druid herbalists have an advantage over you, but then, you can do stuff they can't. What all of this WILL change is the chance you're not flying around for an hour and log off empty-handed and frustrated.

One last thing, speed can be a handicap when farming. 280% really is the best speed for it. 310% is just too damn fast since herbs don't appear on your minimap instantly. The faster you fly, the further you've already passed it once it appears. And in some cases it may not appear on your minimap at all. So if you use Crusader Aura I strongly recommend you turn that off.
Quixl I thank you for your advice, but whenever I farm there is always a tauren druid that steals my herbs even though I was ahead of them and started farming the herbs first. Even if they had a lock that 2 people can't be channeling the herb at the same time I'd be happy and I'd imagine alot of other people would aswell.
16/01/2011 1:03 AMPosted by Cimyatu
Quixl I thank you for your advice, but whenever I farm there is always a tauren druid that steals my herbs even though I was ahead of them and started farming the herbs first. Even if they had a lock that 2 people can't be channeling the herb at the same time I'd be happy and I'd imagine alot of other people would aswell.

That happens... What I do when I see someone, anyone, go for a herb I just fly past quickly looking for the next since they can't possibly be there before me. It's tough competition and even though druids have an advantage it does NOT mean they always win and get more herbs than anyone else. It's as much about luck for them as it is for you and me ^^ In the end I always feel pretty damn good about having scored 5 stacks of whiptail and that's pretty much what I'm doing it all for!
They might not always get more herbs than you but with a 1 second channelling time they can fly in and fly out without even having to fight the monster that may be spawned next to it. I can imagine they get around alot more than most people. Although your method does seem like a good one its still pretty ridiculous seeing something that could be corrected with a wee bit of work, completly left alone. Thanks again for the advice.
Try getting an epic flying mount.
16/01/2011 2:15 AMPosted by Tupimus

Don't think your quite understanding what im saying. Also I have a 280% flying speed and mount on my Herbalism character, which allows herbs to become visable on your mini map in time as said by Quixl.
I don't think it's just Taurens, it's Druids that are the problem imo. I'm sick of landing at a herb, dismounting to herb it and as I'm doing that a Druid bird swoops in and steals it.

I think that gathering skills should break flightform at least. So they have to land on the ground and stand there, just like the rest of us.
You have a great point there Olivia, I've also found that happen to me an aweful lot too. If flight form was broken due to that tiny change, I think that would average out the class/proffession greatly.
16/01/2011 9:17 AMPosted by Cimyatu

Don't think your quite understanding what im saying. Also I have a 280% flying speed and mount on my Herbalism character, which allows herbs to become visable on your mini map in time as said by Quixl.
You're constantly losing to druids, who presumably have epic flying forms, and they're all Tauren. It does rather sound like either you have latency issues, you're rather slow to click or you don't have an epic flying mount. In any case, you're crying on a forum where traditionally almost no one cares about some obscene racial. It's a free competition for outdoor nodes. Get over it.
Sorry Tupimus but have you actually read anything anyones said in this thread? Also latency is not an issue for me, mine is always between 50-100 and fps is always 60. You do know how fast a Tauren can loot a herb right? It has to be atleast half the amount of time any other class can.

You're saying 'Get over it.'? Do you realise how long it takes to farm enough mats for cards when you have 3 or 4 Tauren Druids flying around stealing everything you go for? You probably don't because you have the option of making one yourself as an alt. To be honest I'd go horde myself if it wasn't for the fact I like the people on the alliance side. I know Alliance can make druids but even then the looting time takes like twice the time and creatures can stop them from looting.
I'm having the problem of underground miners... IMO is that far worse then being beaten by a racial trait. You know the racial trait is there, the underground miners almost can't be seen or prevented from stealing a mine.

For your problem cimyatu, if u are first at a mine then use a stun or something else at the druid, no problems whatsoever.
Lighthousez I dont quite understand what your saying about mining as my mining character has a very low mining skill. What is underground miners?

If you look at the racial traits of every race and compare them between horde and alliance ones you will see that hordes are alot better. But as this being, alot of people go to the horde. Leaving alliance constantly being OPed. Only thing i wanted to suggest as my first post stated, was that they remove the quick channeling on the herbs from racial and place it in the herbilism proffession as a skill you have to buy. The Taurens racial abilities seem OPed without adding that too them.

Although after discussing this with a few of you guys I do feel that druids should be kicked out of flight form when looting.
16/01/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Cimyatu
What is underground miners?

Underground miners are said to be bots that "cheat" by having something in thier programme to let them ignore ground restrictions, and can therefor go from node to node 'underground'

I aked the other day as ive never seen these either.
Wooo sounds annoying... Thanks for the info though. Is there anyway of noticing if someones using that and reporting them?
While it does feel very annoying to have someone steal your herb, the window of it happening isn't as big as you might think. I didn't get a completely sure number of how fast they herb, but I think 2 seconds for non tauren and 0.5 seconds for taurens is correct.

While you might think that's insanely strong, like if there were tons of herbs stacked on top of each other (tauren would be able to gather 4 times more with no loot time), when it comes to actual flying around and herbing it's not a huge issue at all. It means that there's a 1.5 second window they can come in and herb it from you, and if it takes on average a minute between each herb it's pretty insignificant.

The issue you have is split into 3 separate things:
1. Players that take nodes from other people, normally while the first player is fighting a mob.
2. Druids being able to save 1.5 seconds on mounting up per herb, and reset a mob quickly if it aggros.
3. Taurens herbing 1.5 seconds faster.

The biggest one is the first. If every herbalist had perfect manners you would have no problems with either druids or taurens, because while a tauren druid saves 3 seconds on a herb without a nearby mob, that's pretty much nothing when looking at the big picture. If you gather on average one node per minute, and both you and a tauren druid went around with perfect manners and no mobs aggroing, his abilities in 2. and 3. would give him 63 nodes per hour compared to your 60 nodes. 5% extra on something that's only moneymaking isn't enough for developers to stay up awake at night worrying about imbalance, so I doubt something will be changed about it.
Ok I'll leave it at that. Didn't look into the actual calculations, but still quite annoying when there's more than 1 Tauren druid flying around. Since they always seem to land just behind you and steal it. Thanks for your reply.

Just a small edit: When druids do reset agro it will save em like 30 seconds fighting.
Sure, but that also depends on how often you actually aggro mobs. When I leveled mining from 509 to 525 in Twilight Highlands with my level 75 DK I didn't aggro any mobs, all veins were clear. If one in every 10 nodes adds a guaranteed 30 seconds for a non druid, that's on average 3 seconds on each, which would make it 10% increase for druids.

Yes it's annoying when people steal your veins, but it could be any other tauren class that ninjaed it from you with faster gathering speed (remember he's max 1 second behind you to be able to do this, so it's arguable who was actually first because of lag, on his screen he might be first), or any class/race at all that jumped in and gathered while you were fighting. In the end the biggest problem is people that don't think "oh someone is near the node, I won't gather it", and I think Blizzard has said before that's part of the competition and experience. Because claiming nodes has been suggested for a long time but it's not been implemented yet, they don't seem to think "ninjaing" nodes is an issue.

You can argue that many classes have unfair advantages when it comes to gathering. Mages can frost nova, blink and invisibility to gather and get away. Rogues can vanish, or sap before gathering. DK and pala have mount speed increases. Warlocks and hunters have pets, warrior/priest have aoe fear. In the end, it's about moneymaking, and trying to get everything perfectly balanced there will never work.
15/01/2011 11:04 PMPosted by Cimyatu
I'm just wanting to bring to light how frustrating it is going up against a druid tauren in flight form. Not only can they loot herbs in flight form, but also do it at lightning speed. I think they should just remove the speed looting from racial and put it into the actual skill itself. Its highly unreasonable that the race can get 15+ skill and the fast looting when other races in alliance only get the skill(apart from skinning but the creature is bound to the person). Having the racial talents they have without it would still overpower alot of the alliance's racial talents. Hope people that read this feel the same.

Thanks for reading,

Cimmy

Please us the Search function before posting repeat threads to the forum. Forum Guidelines for information;

Search

The new search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting.

source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/816711831

Previous threads;

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=forumId%3A874699+herbs+druid

For example;

Druids and flying form and warrior complaint
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1528682924?page=2

You may want to also complain about the faster flight speed of Paladins or DK over other classes getting them to node spawns faster etc.

It should work in the same way as mining ore nodes i.e., once you start to channel the mining you 'tag' the node and it can not then be taken.

Most of the time it is more down to latency and time taken for screen loading and as Lobotomy pointed out the difference is really narrow in real terms.