Over powered Tauren Class(Herbalism)

Professions
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
Sorry Druidmoon, I did not realise there was another thread about this. I did use the search function before hand but it came up with about 20 odd pages, and when I flicked through them, I did not see that thread. Thanks for directing me to the right thread.

15/01/2011 11:04 PMPosted by Cimyatu
(apart from skinning but the creature is bound to the person).

No it's not. Worgen could easily ninja-skin a beast as soon as you looted it and you have no chance to beat them.

All it requires is that they stand within range when you loot.
i kinda skimmed over a lot of this conversation, but i agree,its bloody any druid in flight form is a pain in the butt, i had this out in general chat one night in uldam couple of weeks ago, they fat lazy gits.they hover over when im fighting croc hoping im just questing, but no im a bloody skinner, and im killing to skin it. i go on herbalist i fight the croc to get whiptail, now who appears that lazy sod the druid again. im doing my dailys in twilight, i kill all the bad asses whos there getting the beer and food the druid again, they r the laziest gits in wow, i got to b honest im alliance, and alliance druids r far wose than horde, ive seen no end of duid boomkin killing there own stuff, but alliance r bloody annoying
16/01/2011 1:44 PMPosted by Lobotomy
While it does feel very annoying to have someone steal your herb, the window of it happening isn't as big as you might think. I didn't get a completely sure number of how fast they herb, but I think 2 seconds for non tauren and 0.5 seconds for taurens is correct.

While you might think that's insanely strong, like if there were tons of herbs stacked on top of each other (tauren would be able to gather 4 times more with no loot time), when it comes to actual flying around and herbing it's not a huge issue at all. It means that there's a 1.5 second window they can come in and herb it from you, and if it takes on average a minute between each herb it's pretty insignificant.

The issue you have is split into 3 separate things:
1. Players that take nodes from other people, normally while the first player is fighting a mob.
2. Druids being able to save 1.5 seconds on mounting up per herb, and reset a mob quickly if it aggros.
3. Taurens herbing 1.5 seconds faster.

The biggest one is the first. If every herbalist had perfect manners you would have no problems with either druids or taurens, because while a tauren druid saves 3 seconds on a herb without a nearby mob, that's pretty much nothing when looking at the big picture. If you gather on average one node per minute, and both you and a tauren druid went around with perfect manners and no mobs aggroing, his abilities in 2. and 3. would give him 63 nodes per hour compared to your 60 nodes. 5% extra on something that's only moneymaking isn't enough for developers to stay up awake at night worrying about imbalance, so I doubt something will be changed about it.

It doesnt however work like that.

If for example, you both go for the same herb (Because lets face it, even with an awesome computer people sometimes take a while to "phase" in on your screen if you've been flying) the tauren can then make his way to the next herb. That one you've lost too. In the time it's take you to remount from dismounting on the first, the taurens already picked the herb and moved on to the 3rd.

Basically, what I'm saying is they can take a route and be ahead of everyone getting the flowers and always be infront. You could however, change paths, but at the end of the day flowers have a set spawn point, many can time their route so that they respawn by the time they've done a lap.

If you change route, then it's not always guaranteed to be as good, and thus they still get an advantage then.
i dont see the problem here why not just kill the cow instead of *#%#@ing about him stealing it? your an ally arnt you?
16/01/2011 12:53 AMPosted by Quixl
So if you use Crusader Aura I strongly recommend you turn that off.
Crusader aura only effects ground mounts. not flying

and i dont see the OP-ness of taurens in herbing, cmon... think of something else to complaint about lol
16/01/2011 12:53 AMPosted by Quixl
One last thing, speed can be a handicap when farming. 280% really is the best speed for it. 310% is just too damn fast since herbs don't appear on your minimap instantly. The faster you fly, the further you've already passed it once it appears. And in some cases it may not appear on your minimap at all. So if you use Crusader Aura I strongly recommend you turn that off.

This is a personal thing dependant on latency and graphical draw speed, processor speed etc. And not great advise to gimp your flight speed if it is not an issue.

I have both a Druid flight form speed (currently not receiving Giddy-Up guild perk but will)
and a Paladin (with Crusader Aura and Giddy UP and max riding skill) I use for mining and I rarely have this issue when I have set up my graphics setting correctly for the task.
16/01/2011 9:49 PMPosted by Flutsh
So if you use Crusader Aura I strongly recommend you turn that off.
Crusader aura only effects ground mounts. not flying

Incorrect. Crusader Aura effects both ground and flying mount speed. Check the tootip;

Crusader Aura
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=32223

Increases the mounted speed by 20% for all party and raid members within 40 yards. Players may only have one Aura on them per Paladin at any one time. This does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects.

Same as DK talent;

On a Pale Horsehttp://www.wowhead.com/spell=51986
Rank 2
You become as hard to stop as death itself. The duration of movement-slowing effects used against you is reduced by 30%, and your mounted speed is increased by 20%. This does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects.
Two things.

1) Where it's truly impossible to compete against a druid is when herbing fungal giants. "Fortunately" it's not really worth it to herb them to begin with :P

2) If the situation bothers you that much, roll a tauren druid herbalist. Problem solved.
16/01/2011 9:37 PMPosted by Borka
i dont see the problem here why not just kill the cow instead of *#%#@ing about him stealing it? your an ally arnt you?

PVE servers?
Same faction?

im tired of tauren (and druids for that matter) following ppl around and gathering herbs in your face

some1 said , u can turn around............well i turned around and guess what? he turned too....

is frustrating , tauren (or tauren+druid ) farming herbs is overpowered

why worgens + skinning isnt the same?

because if u kill a boar , u can wait until the worgen is gone and loot it or dont loot it at all and wait ....skinning doesnt work like gathering ......if u dont loot the mob .....no skins at all...

herbs are there , and a tauren can gather it in 0.5 .....latency? phase balablabal

give all herbalists the same 0.5 or delete the the speed boost......
We see that some feel Tauren herbalists are overpowered. We understand the frustration when someone else gets to a herb before you. We know that it can seem worse if they can also gather it faster than you, because of their racial ability. We've got herbalists ourselves and we do empathise.

But we didn't feel that +15 Herbalism skill was really good enough for Taurens and we wanted them to have something a bit more useful, especially once they've reached the cap. They've got a 0.5 second advantage on other herbalists, and while yes that can be an advantage we are relatively satisfied with how it is at the moment.

Yes, sometimes it can seem like they swoop out of nowhere and take the herb before you've even seen them flying in. But that's more to do with how the game client deals with very fast moving flying mounts than anything else. It's probably quite likely both players saw the herb at about the same time and the Tauren just got in quicker. It's the same kind of thing for Worgen and skinning, though herbs are often more hotly contested.

Though we do hear the feedback and have taken it into consideration, we wanted to make Cultivation a bit more interesting and useful and we feel we've achieved that. So we do not, at this time, have any plans to alter this racial ability.
But we didn't feel that +15 Herbalism skill was really good enough for Taurens and we wanted them to have something a bit more useful, especially once they've reached the cap.

This is really funny to read as draenei. What about our jewelcrafting? :-)
I agree with Wyrxian.

I would add that its unfair to isolate a single racial, you need to look at them as a whole package for one race.

Cultivation makes up for the fact our +5% health racial got nerfed to base health, imo. :)

And I could list many racials that I would want as well, but this is just the way the game works.

As far as Tauren griefers, that is an issue with the player not the skill. Anything can potentially be used to grief people.
15/02/2011 9:57 AMPosted by Lares
But we didn't feel that +15 Herbalism skill was really good enough for Taurens and we wanted them to have something a bit more useful, especially once they've reached the cap.

They could give you 0.5 sec faster prospecting :D
We see that some feel Tauren herbalists are overpowered. We understand the frustration when someone else gets to a herb before you. We know that it can seem worse if they can also gather it faster than you, because of their racial ability. We've got herbalists ourselves and we do empathise.

But we didn't feel that +15 Herbalism skill was really good enough for Taurens and we wanted them to have something a bit more useful, especially once they've reached the cap. They've got a 0.5 second advantage on other herbalists, and while yes that can be an advantage we are relatively satisfied with how it is at the moment.

Yes, sometimes it can seem like they swoop out of nowhere and take the herb before you've even seen them flying in. But that's more to do with how the game client deals with very fast moving flying mounts than anything else. It's probably quite likely both players saw the herb at about the same time and the Tauren just got in quicker. It's the same kind of thing for Worgen and skinning, though herbs are often more hotly contested.

Though we do hear the feedback and have taken it into consideration, we wanted to make Cultivation a bit more interesting and useful and we feel we've achieved that. So we do not, at this time, have any plans to alter this racial ability.

So going on past experience of Blue posts saying one thing and the complete opposite happening, I'd expect both a nerf to Druid flight ability and the Tauren racial fairly soon.

Cataclysm has really brought out the cynic in me

Raising a gathering profession is many times easier than a crafting one. Also the +15 on a gathering profession is prolly quite useless while on a crafting one I feel it is worthy. That is due to many implications the +15 skill on JC has. You get to level faster AND easier.
So when a tauren druid comes and spam moon fire on me and then take the herb while im attacking him its balanced or he "just got in quicker"?

This is really funny to read as draenei. What about our jewelcrafting?

At least Draenei have something else that is useful. :-)

People that count the numbers will go troll druid for both PvE and PvP - Berserking is good every time and Beastslaying has some use at least. Tauren racials are just meh for anything except, well, herbalism.
I had wanted to post about this for a bit, glad there is at least one Bliz post in this thread - -

I have a tauren herbalist so I know how it is - - it's not the druid part of this which is the thing, it's the tauren fast cast racial.

I'd like to show you a screenshot segment which highlights why I think you should re-examine how this works.

http://img337.imageshack.us/i/herbgrief.jpg/

Your setup is primed for allowing griefing, and pretty much nothing else in your game is like this. If I understand correctly, another race can be doing herb-gathering cast, and then when a tauren suddenly shows up and begins his cast and finishes it first, the tauren gets the herb? If that is true, it seems obvious to me that it shouldn't be how it is. Someone channeling a slower cast on the herb should cause it to be "tapped", like when on my DK I attempt to deathgrip a grey-highlighted mob away from someone who is on it.

Unless I'm misunderstanding this, the druid part is not that big a deal, it's that fast cast apparently overriding the one which another player began. If I'm totally mistaken on this detail, then let me know. But it is how it seems to be.
I find it very amusing that this thread just happen to appear at the same time that the Whiplash Mania been present...

No tears for anyone missing out on some gold on something that was obviously a bug.