Over powered Tauren Class(Herbalism)

Professions
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
I guess most people got supermad because there were a lot of tauren druids in Uldum? I'd advice you to use common sense, and raid mark tauren druids like me and a friend did. If they are close, forget about the herb and move on.
Your kidding me right? You have a problem with Taurens because of faster herbing but dont have a problem with paladins flying faster than everyone else and giving them a huge advantage when herbing or minning??

Ah well standards are good, but double standards are dubble as good i guess...... SIGH

That's not exclusive to them tbh, Both DK and Hunters can spec to be just as fast.

Fact still is, any class of Tauren that's a herbalist can swoop down and pick the herb another player was allready casting herbing on.

During these passed days in uldum I've even seen dudu cows steal herbs (cause that's pretty much what it is) while in slow flightform. No way he can use the excuse of models not loading in propperly, as he was friggin slow with flying, yet still swooping in and getting so many herbs right under other player's noses.

And I agree with Neberius, atm the racial is not a 0.5 advantage. It's a 0.5 cast time total, sure feels like it anyways. Perhaps another bug ?

Sure we can add DK's and hunters to pallys in this regard but that dosent change the fact either.. If i as Tauren warrior see a vein and a paladin/Hunter/DK see's it to... Having the same range he will always get to it first.. Thats just a as bit unfairness ifthen if thats what you wanna call it.

If we want to nerf the Tauren herbing advantage, we need to nerf the DK, Paladin and Hunter speed advantage to.
The issue is interacting with objects in the world. Feral druids couldn't interact with anything (or use any quest item) without going out of kitty / bearform. This change is also linked to flightform and herbs.

People make alot bigger fuss out of this then is needed. yes it's an advantage, it's not mindblowing as people bring it.

ps.
yes I do have a tauren druid als for herbing, it does make it easier. If they change anything I will still herb on my druid instead of shaman.
A much smoother solution would have been to increase the bounty of the harvests instead of the cast-time reduction.
15/02/2011 2:10 PMPosted by Neberius
But we didn't feel that +15 Herbalism skill was really good enough for Taurens and we wanted them to have something a bit more useful, especially once they've reached the cap. They've got a 0.5 second advantage on other herbalists, and while yes that can be an advantage we are relatively satisfied with how it is at the moment.

When you're talking about a 0.5 second advantage, do you mean that tauren can gather herbs 0.5 seconds faster than other races, or that they can gather herbs in 0.5 seconds?

(Currently, after testing it myself, I'm getting a 2 second gathering time on my night elf, and a 0,5 second gathering time on my tauren.)

I have no objection to Tauren Druids being able to herb faster or do it whilst in flight form, however i would disagree with 0.5 sec advantage they have.
I would tend to agree with Nerberius, that they can gather in 0.5 seconds. I have witnessed this on my shaman whilst gathering, a tauren druid in flight form, started to gather after i was 1/2 way through and gathered the node.
Now i have no objection that they can gather so quickly or in flight form, but when a node is being gathered, lock out the node for x amount of seconds to all except for the person who initiated the gather.
Tauren druids still get to gather faster and in flight form, but not to the detriment of others
I don't think it's just Taurens, it's Druids that are the problem imo. I'm sick of landing at a herb, dismounting to herb it and as I'm doing that a Druid bird swoops in and steals it.

I think that gathering skills should break flightform at least. So they have to land on the ground and stand there, just like the rest of us.

If a druid wants to herb he needs to be on te ground, i'm fine with us having flight form at all but the speedy herbing feels kinda imba.

Owh well, we do the negative ugly looks :P
personnally i stoped farming herbs now..... since due to lag+tauren skill i often get to a plant start gathering see a tauren swap by and still be able to steal it from me....

only farm around 3-4 am when all are asleep and theres no taurens stealling from me (yes stealing cause i was already gathering the plant)
I can't agree more, tauren druids are a pain in the ....

It's even stupid you can't interrupt them or attack them since they just fly away with YOUR herbs.

And it's not a 0.5 sec advantage! It's a 0,5 sec cast which is like instant?

Yes mad.
I'm just wanting to bring to light how frustrating it is going up against a druid tauren in flight form. Not only can they loot herbs in flight form, but also do it at lightning speed. I think they should just remove the speed looting from racial and put it into the actual skill itself. Its highly unreasonable that the race can get 15+ skill and the fast looting when other races in alliance only get the skill(apart from skinning but the creature is bound to the person). Having the racial talents they have without it would still overpower alot of the alliance's racial talents. Hope people that read this feel the same.

Thanks for reading,

Cimmy

THEY TOOK MY PRECIOUSSS

(and i'm not herbalist or miner)
Gna back up the blue on this 1, its our only good racial apart from warstomp, and if u dont have herbalism, its unseless anyway!
Lol this is the one true plesure that I have on my cow druid, they nerfed just about everything else for us in last patch so please dont take away the moo moo cows abilty for super fast herbing.

Oh and also what about the worgen's super fast skinning? you gona take that away, I have had quite a few experiences in Tol Barad with them ninja skins , you know where the crocs are for the daily quest, its a well known popular skinning hotspot in Cata, especialy just after a battle as loads of people are killing crocs leaving tons of skins and you allways got one of them running arround nabbing all the skins.

You can argue that many classes have unfair advantages when it comes to gathering. Mages can frost nova, blink and invisibility to gather and get away. Rogues can vanish, or sap before gathering. DK and pala have mount speed increases. Warlocks and hunters have pets, warrior/priest have aoe fear. In the end, it's about moneymaking, and trying to get everything perfectly balanced there will never work.

Exactly what this dude said, so leave the Moo Moo Druids alone please :D
Well my own herbalist isn't Tauren, otherwise I would have caught that. But still, the response from our developers is really more focused on the idea that the advantage is not being seen to be significant enough. We've got the statistics and we see loads of non-Taurens successfully collecting loads of herbs every day and if we felt not enough non-Taurens were doing so, we might be more up for reviewing it further.
And it's not a 0.5 sec advantage! It's a 0,5 sec cast which is like instant?.
Seems like some serious udder envy thar: I don't have it, so it's OP!

Seems fine to me, it's a profession. I've seen the frustrated whispers when my wife herbs on her tauren druid (flightform, whoah) and it seems a bit sneaky to fly in, get it and be gone before you even got a chance to load on the other guy's pc, but hey... It's how things go.
Im a druid herbalist myself and even though I think its a "little" unfair, Our racial would be worthless without it. I mean our racial basically means we can start with earthroot at level 1 instead of having to gather 14 Silverleaf/Peacebloom before we can get Earthroot. You cannot call that a significant Racial, Racials that give you extra levels to your crafting professions are infact much better (while leveling obviously)

Lets say you have Enchanting 340 on your Human... and you need to make a recipe that requires 12 Arcane dust for the last 10 levels, costing you 120 arcane dust.

While a bloodelf can make the enchant before that that only costs 8 Arcane Dust each craft, saving out 40 Arcane dust. While leveling (as only character with no money giver) this helps you out alot.

Since you can make lower leveld crafts for longer.
Extremely frustrating to see how blue posters responds to the community now a days, I really hope something will happend with this ridiculous advantage they have.
I can sympathies with the herbalists as a skinner I've been on the receiving end of the super fast worgen skinning so I know how frustrating it is (especially when you get a worgen who can nip in and get skins from your kill before you yourself can skin it very annoying when you get one stood next to you waiting for you to loot so they can steal the skin). Have Blizz perhaps considered an alternative like worgen skinners and tauren herbalists get a bonus to the amounts they receive instead of the speed increase? Alternative go way outside the box lets just replace racials with a new talent tree for personal abilities and solve all the issues of skinners must roll this char or herbalists need to go on this one (and the flip side where by rolling one of these and not going herb/skin effectively wastes a racial).
I know so many Tauren Druids who can fly around Uldum in the low level 70 bracket and herb for hours without worrying about being killed by higher level mobs just because they can swoop down, collect the herb whilst still in flight form, even whilst being attacked since their gathering cast is so fast, and then swoop off again.

How is that fair to the people who have leveled up so they can herb in higher level zones?

In my opinion, I think all Druids should be thrown out of their flight form when trying to herb, just like the rest of the classes are thrown off their mounts. They already have the advantage of instant-cast flying, why should they also have the luxury of staying in that flying form whilst completing tasks that everyone else has to "dismount" for? Swoop down, kicked out of form to herb, back into flight form and off they go. The only difference it makes to how it is now is they'd have to deal with mobs like the rest of us, and I'm sure Druids have enough utility and firepower to do that, on level, with ease.
16/02/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Ravange
In my opinion, I think all Druids should be thrown out of their flight form when trying to herb, just like the rest of the classes are thrown off their mounts. They already have the advantage of instant-cast flying, why should they also have the luxury of staying in that flying form whilst completing tasks that everyone else has to "dismount" for?

When this happens, druids in feral form also get "knocked out" when clicking on any item in the world (quest item for example). It was like that in the old days and it was horrible.
16/02/2011 9:22 AMPosted by Wryxian
Well my own herbalist isn't Tauren, otherwise I would have caught that. But still, the response from our developers is really more focused on the idea that the advantage is not being seen to be significant enough. We've got the statistics and we see loads of non-Taurens successfully collecting loads of herbs every day and if we felt not enough non-Taurens were doing so, we might be more up for reviewing it further.
And it's not a 0.5 sec advantage! It's a 0,5 sec cast which is like instant?.

So tauren herbalists are given a 0.5 second cast time on gathering and a free pass to grief other herbalists around them is what you are saying ?

Because that's what the current design translates in to, if i go on my miner and try to mine a vein that another miner is mining I will get the "this item is already being used" as we share the same cast time, for skinning and worgen the same issue as with the tauren herbalists could come in to play but usually you kill what you skin so less of an issue I suppose. And by griefing i mean just that, i had a turen herbalist go after the same herbs as me for about 4-5min no matter what direction i chose until i just gave up and logged in frustration.
16/02/2011 10:35 AMPosted by Alyssa
So tauren herbalists are given a 0.5 second cast time on gathering and a free pass to grief other herbalists around them is what you are saying ?
You have to add something here:

-Tauren Druid don't go out of flight form when gathering herbs
-Taurens gathering herbs in 0,5 second

This combo makes them really OP - yesterday i tried to farm some herbs. There was one Tauren Druid - In time i landed and tried to get herb, he already gathered it (i was first at this herb...), some mobs attacked me (so i cannot mount up and get away from them), Tauren fly up and get to another herb. And another...

I think, if Taurens would gather in 2,5 sec (0,5 sec faster) and Druids cannot gather herbs in flight form, and also cannot go into flight form in combat... in should be fair.