Ink Traders

Professions
Hey guys and girls. I left a post about this before but I haven't seen anything in the patch notes showing if this is happening.

When are the ink traders going to get their butts to the main cities. Or at least to Twilight Highlands like the rest of profession traders. If you believe this is something desperately needed then leave a comment and get this problem resolved.

Viva la Revolution!
This problem is quite annoying, im actualy keeping my inscriber in dala so he has easy access to the vendor, something that i shouldnt have to do. I thoguht about moving my banker there but then if i need to make a trade in person with someone its a 10+ min ride to actualy get back to a main city now the portals have been removed so that wouldnt work. i could use one of my other free char spots to create an alt that could just trade in ink, but im not about to waiste a slot for a char that will do nothing but trade in ink....
I guess I'm lucky that my inscriber is a mage, I can just port to Dalaran whenever I want to. I do agree however, it'd make more sense for there to be an ink vendor in Twilight Highlands along with all the other profession vendors, especially as I do quite a bit of herbing in the same area on the same toon.
Scribes! You might have heard already, but we've listened to the feedback about being currently only able to trade ink in the far-away city of Dalaran. Though this may not have been an issue for Mages, we've decided that we are wanting scribes from all classes to be able to trade their ink with just as much ease as a Mage can. Because of this, we will be adding new ink traders to both Orgrimmar and Stormwind in up-coming patch 4.0.6.
Oh, lovely.
Next goal: give Cata mobs drop chance for Book of Glyph Mastery.
Paying 800+ g in AH to learn one glyph is NOT cool.
And Wryxian takes the silver medal as the second blue to come over to the new profession forums.
One of this days I may end up believing Blizzard actually reads this (lol)

Oh, lovely.

This issue that is being fixed in 4.0.6 was reported in Beta, The issue of the Books of GLyph Mastery (as far as I know) was reported in Live meaning, you still have some time to wait :)
nice
04/02/2011 10:55 AMPosted by Jaimec
And Wryxian takes the silver medal as the second blue to come over to the new profession forums.
One of this days I may end up believing Blizzard actually reads this (lol)

To be fair Wryxian received the Silver medal back on 19/01/11 ;)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1549438539?page=2#31

Brings our Blue CM response total for the Professions forum since 09/11/10 to a staggering.........3! from over 2,500 threads.

Personally I feel it is quite underwhelming given the energy and efforts given by posters both to pass on information and contribute constructive suggestions.

Though, perhaps we are lucky as the US professions forum has 3 times the thread but the same number of CM responses.
That's good to hear anyway, I guess there'll be a lot more happy scribes around when the next patch lands. :)
Do NOT make Book of Glyph Master drop in cata.

It might be nice to obtain every recipe with ease, but it is not nice, when all scribes are running around with all recipes - then try to sell something on AH, with undercutting as it is now already.

Don't make everything too easy, if there's no challenge, there is no game.
04/02/2011 11:20 PMPosted by Druidmoon
To be fair Wryxian received the Silver medal back on 19/01/11 ;)

Absolutely right, I remembered the arch post last night but was unable to come here and change silver to bronze :)

My apologies to the contestants and gratz to the silver and bronze winner :)

05/02/2011 8:00 AMPosted by Grymend
Don't make everything too easy, if there's no challenge, there is no game.

I suspect you already have all the glyphs, ... It's OK, I have them also.

Inscription is already plagued by an absolute lack of content in Cataclism. If they want to make things harder, make the books only drop from the last raid boss in each raid, ... in heroic, with only 2 people in the raid, fighting naked.

(Unlike my example) making the only content of a profession be dependant of farming old dungeons is stupid and totally against what Blizzard's professes.
While its nice to know traders will finally become available in all major cities can it also be clarified that the exchange for snowfall ink for Blackfallow is a bug? As snowfall was an exchange for Ink of the sea from the release of wrath it seemed odd it suddenly changed when cata was on the horizon. I have been told both it was a bug and was to be fixed and also its working as intended by ingame gm's. As I couldnt find anything relating to changes in this on the forums, was it a stealth change? could you please clarify the situation?
I'd say the Snowfall change was intended. It was probably an oversight that the change was done to Snowfall prior to Cata release but now I don't really see a need to change it.

What I would like to see is a an additional vendor item of selling 1 Inferno Ink for 10 Blackfallow.

You cannot exchange Inferno for Blackfallow if you accidentally bought Inferno but also seeing as all older inks are now traded for Blackfallow it would be nice if Inferno could be traded for Blackfallow to allow purchase of other inks directly from the vendor.

Nice
04/02/2011 10:04 AMPosted by Wymma
Oh, lovely.
They should make all glyphs be learnable from Research AND Books.

This way there are more glyphs available from more sources and you can continue Research until you have everything if you cannot get Books.
04/02/2011 9:18 AMPosted by Wryxian
Scribes! You might have heard already, but we've listened to the feedback about being currently only able to trade ink in the far-away city of Dalaran. Though this may not have been an issue for Mages, we've decided that we are wanting scribes from all classes to be able to trade their ink with just as much ease as a Mage can. Because of this, we will be adding new ink traders to both Orgrimmar and Stormwind in up-coming patch 4.0.6.

While I'm not usually one to look a gift horse in the mouth...

Could we get an ink trader in Undercity? Orgrimmar is a lag trap that I avoid like the plague. If I want to see how loud my CPU and GFX card fans can go, I'll pay it a visit. Other than that, I park myself in UC.

No worries if you don't, as I am a mage and I'll continue going to Dalaran. But it would be nice. Think of it as your Valentines day gift to me :x
sounds like a gd plan to me :D