Bank space.

General
1 2 3 8 Next
I've played WOW for many years and have accumulated a vast quantity of useless but nevertheless keepsake items. From my T6 warlock helm to my Santa hat. I have recently vendored all of my Lichking epics and Tabards (I see there's a tabard solution in the pipeline) BUT my bank is still bursting at the seams and I am constantly out of bag space having to carry some gear with me.

Is there any news of more bank slots? An Extra 10 should do the trick.

This is all about soulbound items!!! not hierlooms or items that can be sent to a bank alt.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=51809/portable-hole

Glad i could help ya
A couple of extra slots isn't much help tbh but thanks for the thought. Certainly wouldn't pay 3k for 2 more slots....unless this bag goes in another bag....then the possibilities are endless.
Thank god i'm not the only one who keeps random bits of crap lying around<3
Thank god i'm not the only one who keeps random bits of crap lying around<3

You would die if you saw my bank. (Wai-....)
only got 9 slots left in normal bank and 12 in my bags :P

WTB Moar bagspace as well! (Increase the damn backpack already)
I bank is full. I mean completely full. I don't have a single slot.
I got 2 bank alts.

26/01/2011 1:40 PMPosted by Ock
A couple of extra slots isn't much help tbh

Um? What are you asking then?
get an alt to make a guild, once everyone has signed the charter kick them all out (let them know the purpose of the guild ofc) and voila you have your very own guild bank to store your stuff aswell as your normal bank allowance.

probably no help whatsoever but atleast i tried :D
26/01/2011 2:09 PMPosted by Slaaneshy
get an alt to make a guild, once everyone has signed the charter kick them all out (let them know the purpose of the guild ofc) and voila you have your very own guild bank to store your stuff aswell as your normal bank allowance.

probably no help whatsoever but atleast i tried :D

Quite true, however this only aids you when the items you wish to store are not BoP.
There are some hoarders out there (Me included) that just save up lots of good RP gear or items that just affect the memory.

That and it gets old to relog between different toons every time you want something from that bank.

A good solution would be to allow you to withdraw/deposit from guildbanks you have access to from other toons.
In 4.0.6 there are going to be 26 slot tailor made bags. Worth probably about 5-6k each, so not too much.
My bank is completely full of mostly useless items. Holiday items, old epics that I like the look of, some TCG loot items, tabbards and the like. Theres virtually nothing in my bank of any practical worth.

A few extra bank slots or a bigger backpack would definetely come in handy.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=14156#created-by

http://www.wowhead.com/item=44446

any of those should technically solve any bank related problem if they were true to their name
26/01/2011 2:05 PMPosted by Zvahl

26/01/2011 1:40 PMPosted by Ock
A couple of extra slots isn't much help tbh

Um? What are you asking then?

Bank slots....extra places for more bags. As opposed to bag slots.
So that i can horde even MORE crap...and I mean soulbound items so a bank Alt isn't much use.

I'm sure there are loads of others in the same situation, years of gameplay = years of bop items, memorabilia, fun items, small fluffy things that someone once gave you....etc
Bump...still waiting for a reply for blizz....come on guys spill the beans.

Everyone who wants a bigger bank or more bank bags say AYE!!!
/sign for another row of bag slots in the bank. Come on the game has been running 6 years now, people have accumulated lots of stuff they want to keep.
We're not aware of any current plans to increase bank slots. The only thing that comes to mind is pretty much what other players have already pointed out -- bigger bags. With that in mind, you might have noted that in patch 4.0.6 the Illusionary Bag is being increased to 26 slots. I know you're saying that won't help you much though, but it can't hurt to mention it for others who might not be in quite as dire a situation storage-wise as you are.

It's hard to decide what to keep and what to chuck out, at times. Especially on my main character, this has sometimes been an issue. It's understandable that you want to keep hold of more items.

Apart from tabards and old gear, what kind of things are taking up most of your space?
27/01/2011 2:17 PMPosted by Wryxian
Apart from tabards and old gear, what kind of things are taking up most of your space?

Tabards, Heirlooms, RP and event stuff, offspec gear
I guess you could convert some of the "fun" items like the pony keg, dancing flames and many rare archeology items into spells (like companion pets).

Some of the flavor items such as pilgrim dresses etc could be made bound to account rather than character.
27/01/2011 2:32 PMPosted by Koxu

Tabards, Heirlooms, RP and event stuff, offspec gear

In light of another person with storage space issues, can we please work on moving the tabard system into something similar to the way pets and mounts now work (where it's no longer an item in the bank, but a learned "spell"), and have it selectable from the tabard section of the equipment manager?