Item - Cookie's Tenderizer

General
Cookie's Tenderizer

This item, lately, became the favorite item on my warrior for tanking. It has quite okay stats, I would have been able to swap it for better one many times, but what made it my favorite one was the looks of it. Hooray, finally I was able to use the rolling pin without having to use the normal dead mines one! It specially did fit on my tabard, made me look like a total housewife male.

Anyhow, on the recent patch, the item looks were changed. Now it is just a mace with spikes.

I ask, WHY was this change so important to implement? It is a heroic weapon, one that wont be used for long if you raid, and you got tons of other weapons, even from heroics, to replace it with (if the looks really horrify you that much). But you just had to ruin the fun and uniqueness of this weapon by making it a (lame) spiked mace.

I demand an explanation, why on earth would you change something like that. Who was this picky, and did anyone even complain?
Because there have be atleast one idiot on every workplace. I suspect the RP'rs will complain quite alot about this.

Just looked it up to see how it looks now and damn it's ugly O.o
It looked perfect before!!
I always think it's a shame when little touches like that are removed from the game, and I agree, before, as a rolling pin, it was quirky and different, like the Mug O' Hurt being a pewter beer stein or barman shanker being a broken glass bottle, now though, zzzzzz.

I can't see why they felt the need to change it, either, :(
Maybe it was deemed as sexist?
Women tanking with a rolling pin...
Maybe it was deemed as sexist?
Women tanking with a rolling pin...

Some women need to pull their rolling pin out of their baking oven then :S
It looked silly :P
If you're not a raider, then you could in theory be running around with that weapon for a long time. As a little gimmick weapon the old model was cool (as was it in level 20 Deadmines). But as a heroic drop that some players might end up using for months....just no.
You really start seeing where players come from with their suggestions to have vanity gear that can show regardless of what gear you're actually wearing when Blizzard makes people run around with a rolling pin. Yeeeaa...doesn't feel very "heroic" :P

So I guess the model was changed because the weapon isn't a little gimmick item that you use for 2-3 levels while leveling in Westfall, and thus can giggle a little at. But is instead a high-quality weapon for many players running heroics - and thus its model should reflect that (the gimmick value quickly goes away and then it just looks silly with a rolling pin in your hand >.>).
Get Sun Strike from HoO, it looks heaps and bounds better.
Exactly the same stats bar 0.1 less dps.
Sun Strike
09/02/2011 12:55 PMPosted by Jito
But is instead a high-quality weapon for many players running heroics - and thus its model should reflect that (the gimmick value quickly goes away and then it just looks silly with a rolling pin in your hand >.>).

It was... not heroic enough?

First of all, there are tons of weapons to choose besides this, specially with reforging it is good. And I have been running heroics with this weapon and my tabard since I ever got my first touch with this awesome thing.

Also, if you want a "serious heroic game", then I suggest something else than WoW. Little Ragnaros, Little Deathwing and other non-combat pets are there for humor, we can ride a chicken, the armors sometimes look like we are going to disco (the Tier ones) rather than being serious raiders. Plate even looked more like cloth at some point. If there is ONE weapon in game that looks like rolling pin, it might be a issue in a game that takes itself seriously, but WoW is not one of these games.
/signed
rolling pins ftw.
I always think it's a shame when little touches like that are removed from the game, and I agree, before, as a rolling pin, it was quirky and different, like the Mug O' Hurt being a pewter beer stein or barman shanker being a broken glass bottle, now though, zzzzzz.

I can't see why they felt the need to change it, either, :(

Agree.

I can understand if the buzz around Rift makes Blizz a bit antsy, but making WoW just as sterile isn't IMO the way to go.
Get Sun Strike from HoO, it looks heaps and bounds better.
Exactly the same stats bar 0.1 less dps.
Sun Strike

You don't play a enh shammy, do you?

This is a shame. The new model looks like a WotLK green...
I mean, why do we still have things like Very Manly Staff, which imo is just as "silly" as a heroic rolling pin.

Seriously, quite sad...
The Tenderizer needs moar attention :(
And I was planning to do end game bosses with this mace, but now it's ruined.

Please change it back, I don't want to look like an ulgy DK any more!

Is displeased.
I asked about this in a ticket (made for other complaints) and the GM said it hasn't been confirmed if it was an intended change or not.

I really hope they change it back. I love banging mobs with a rolling pin!
i hope they change it back too. i have a frying pan that is also a mace wepon from the plaguelands.

if they worry that the heroics look silly, just add a guy that will swap your rollingpin looking Tenderizer (heroic model) for a spikey mace looking model (heroic version) at the exit from the deadmines (the one that leads out to westfall hills) all you have to do then is go speak to the shifty looking murlock by the back door.

'look mate....me and cookie....we never got along, he fired me for trying to nick his siamese snack, and i want payback. now i know ya just beat him a good one, but thats not enough. i want his prized possession! im willing ta give ya something in compensation *wink wink*'

hand him the rolling pin and he offers you ether a non rollingpin copy that has nice normal looks but the same stats, or some gold maybe? (allthough that might casue folks to try for the tenderizer if they dont need it just to get the gold?)
Cookie’s Tenderizer is a rather unique item indeed... Currently it is considered a pre-raiding best-in-slot item and therefore we feel it important that it can be sheathed and that any enchants on it are shown, which is something that currently isn't possible with the rolling pin model. It would take quite a bit of work to make the rolling pin work properly, so although the model for the heroic version has been changed, one should never dismiss the possibility that we may see the rolling pin model return.

If you are interested in this item just for the rolling pin looks, you can still get the non-heroic version: Cookie's Tenderizer
Any chance that other items with vanilla WoW look will change as well?
I mean items like: Foe Reaper Arced War Axe Arced War Axe don't really fit new armors :(
Personally I thought the only people who actually cared about a glow was back in org wow. As it stands I´d rather take some item that looks better than the current model on tenderizer and has a few less stats than take a craptacular model with slightly better stats.

At least make it look like meat tenderizers (or something even remotely fun) instead of a crude club with spikes...
And the capes that look like level 20 items. (Basicly all stuff from SFK and Deadmines HC)

I like the new maces.
I look like an awesomely armored dual spiky thing wielding goblin.
15/02/2011 11:07 AMPosted by Vaneras
It would take quite a bit of work to make the rolling pin work properly, so although the model for the heroic version has been changed, one should never dismiss the possibility that we may see the rolling pin model return.

How about an actual Tenderizer-hammer as the model? :D