Haste Issue Causing Ability Errors

General
Update 10/02: We have applied a hotfix to address this issue, and Haste is once again increasing resource regeneration rates for those melee classes which were affected. However, off-peak rolling restarts must take place on all realms for the effects to take place. Stay tuned to our 4.0.6 Hotfix update blog for further info http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1867559#blog

09/02: An apparent last-minute bug which was not found on the PTR before the patch was finalised has caused the client and server to disagree on the way haste affects resource generation.

This bug will manifest itself in the UI showing a player they have enough resources to use an ability, but the server correctly prevents it as they in fact do not. A death knight for example might see a rune light up that isn’t actually available so when they use the ability, it won’t fire. A rogue may think they have enough energy to use Sinister Strike, but they can’t actually afford it so when they push the button, they will get an error. This bug could affect rogues, death knights, hunters and Feral druids, because these characters all gain more resources from haste. It will also affect buffs that affect attack speed, such as Slice and Dice, Windfury, Icy Talons, and Hunting Party, but also attack speed lowering effects like Thunder Clap. We're currently working on a fix.
I just want to add that while this may be a new issue with those abilities, the problem itself may have been in cataclysm since the beginning afaik.

In grim batol on forge master throngus when afflicted by disorienting shout your attack speed is decreased however when trying to use an ability the UI shows I have enough for it says "not enough energy" and when mutilate finally is cast it removes 80+ energy from the UI bar.
I just thought I'd throw it in there with the problem now spreading elsewhere
new haste issue?

Dk runes have been behaving strangeley since back in wotlk, i actually had my error catcher addon set to intercept it because seeing lit up runes and hearing 'not enough runes' was driving me crazy lol.

i got over this issue a while back, the one that annyos me is how haste reducing effects are negatively affecting our rune cd's.

runes have 10 second base - if we get a speed debuff ( VP second boss) they go to something ridiculous like 20 seconds thus meaning that while the dps are doing effectively double damage we're doing half threat and spending most of the fight praying that we have taunt ready :P

at the moment my workaround is literally telling the dps to stay out my way and tanking the boss so i get the buff ( that's a loooooot of self healing )
We reported this on the Cata beta realm, it got much worse when all the gear stats on ICC gear gave us masses of haste.
Thanks for info, it is really annoying when abilities like Ferocious Bite are lit up but error message states "you dont have enough focus".
Its nice to hear you guys are working on it, good luck.

[edit]

or energy, whatever ;)
i was hoping for blizzard to tell us when they will fix the bug not what the bug is about
09/02/2011 2:36 PMPosted by Takralus
because these characters all gain more resources from haste. It will also affect buffs that affect attack speed, such as Slice and Dice, Windfury, Icy Talons, and Hunting Party,

Sorry my english is a bit rusty, but how does this ACTUALLY affect Windfury?
Are people attacking faster with Windfury Totem out than what they should do or?
US already got hotfixed at that night.
Why is it so hard for EU to contact US and let them send the file to you???

Comeon EU, catch up the US please!
We have applied a hotfix to address this issue, and Haste is once again increasing resource regeneration rates for those melee classes which were affected. However, off-peak rolling restarts must take place on all realms for the effects to take place. Stay tuned to our 4.0.6 Hotfix update blog for further info http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1867559#blog
Wrong thread.
did all realm already restarted or not?

cuz hast doesn't provide any nrj regen actualy :x
When are we gonna get 4.0.6 hotfix as for Feb 11th (US client) ?

Can't play because got that hotfix installed therefore EU client is unable to validate game version =(, I have the US client cause I used to play there too, and for some reason, I get less latency when I use US client to play in Europe.
i was complaining about this things since cata appeared, not even GM's in game didnt know what to do , ofcourse is not only for melee classes, my priest debuff stays 3-5 more seconds on the target so i cant rebuble... my pally cant use shield of right. or judgement, or consecration , i gotta leave them one extra GCD at least to be able to press them ... i stopped subscription because of this few weeks back... now i payed again , and i am pretty sick of playing just low levels chars, or farm...
your programers are terrible!!!
I think the programmers are just a bit careless.
add some stuff to the game, suddenly the codes of gear stat information is glitched, and you can stack gear without taking it off
just a shame that never came live, was nice to be like a GM for a while
there are a lot of God mode games... i just want to play normally , and this %##* is pissing me of a lot...
today i entered for few minutes with my shammy and i noticed that i still have the issue on healing rain , i cant press the button its telling me spell not ready yet...
anyway its not good, i could bearly heal GB on normal mode...