Whiptail madness!

Professions

P.S. The only ones I think got royally shafted by this is people that invested in Darkmoon cards and now sits there with a stock of unfinished decks with a tenth of it's previous value. I feel kind of sorry for them, they can’t really do anything about the situation. They need to do a lot of cards and they get a lot of doublets that they can’t sell. At least not at the AH. D.S.

Yet, they propably weren't complaining when they were taking in sacks of gold before they fixed the spawns, so in all it should even out
10/02/2011 12:52 PMPosted by Regolen
And beside Alchemy has prices too high and needed a bigger nerf.

Alchemy is depending on herbs. Thus the prices. And to be honest, changing the alchemy recepies worked both ways since we now need more volatiles

Besides, I assume most of us have no problems with mass producing flasks, elixirs and pots as long as the finished product sells for more than the raw materials. The only difference is that we now may have to go away from the keyboard and pick up a new cup of coffee while the toon makes 200 flasks instead of 20. That was the way I did it in WotLK and I sold all the flasks without any problems.
Its again the above example... how much darkmoon cards do you think you can sell?
When a Tv is worth 100 euro everyone will have one right, coz its cheap and stuff. At the end everyone that needs a tv will have one brand new state of the art tv so why the hell they will buy a new one?

For non raiders, or their alts, there are very few epic trinkets around without an endless grinding fest for VP's or HP's. And even if you grind there are other slots to consider before the trinket. In fact, I only know about two epic trinket types around and those are the Tol Barad ones (you need to be Exalted and get 125 of whatever the currency is called) and the other ones are the alchemists stones (you need to level a whole whooping profession). In fact, scribes sold their trinkets, or decks, for up to 25-30k gold each on my server, and that tells me there is a demand indeed.

So in short; A lot!
Alchemy is depending on herbs. Thus the prices. And to be honest, changing the alchemy recepies worked both ways since we now need more volatiles

Besides, I assume most of us have no problems with mass producing flasks, elixirs and pots as long as the finished product sells for more than the raw materials. The only difference is that we now may have to go away from the keyboard and pick up a new cup of coffee while the toon makes 200 flasks instead of 20. That was the way I did it in WotLK and I sold all the flasks without any problems.

this. i see no problem or issue between spending 3k on mats for 20 flasks and selling them all, and spending 3k on a heck of a lot of mats, making more flasks, and, well, selling all of them too. they changed back to wotlk formula for making flasks. no biggie. just make more and sell more, take a little less profit per unit, but make the same overall. only lazy people have an issue.
They have already fixed additional servers, why some servers are still left with the incredible spawn rate is beyond me. Around 100-150 stacks every 2nd hour for me atleast, and the only reason i can get myself to do this is because i need the flasks for raiding.

He's not lying.

I found after the patch, they changed several things on the uldum map. The ore spawn rate seems a little reduced but there is a spot on the map where they clearly screwed something up and the whiptail spawn rate is just insane. Ive had several times now where i picked the whiptail and before I could fly off it was already respawned. Ive had 5 bags filled.
I have to thank blizzard for this, 8 mil exp from herbing the last days and also made like 25k+ can't be better?
Deathwing found about our "too easy to get herbs" on Silvermoon, so he came along and kill us all :>

Didnt take more than 30 sec though till we were all rolling our faces in whiptail again!
AND? ots ok, more herb = less farm. OP I hate you for posting that.
Yer I got burned a little on it, managed to dump most of the decks I was holding for a decent profit just 1 left now, but had I been away or not paying attention would have lost hundreds of thousands.

That said, as my aim is Darkmoon Rep and now I've all but cleared my backlog of decks, I welcome further price drops, already down to ~3g a piece this morning before I left.
It's fixed now, was fun while it lasted.

Might as well pickup all the cheap stuff people are dumping and put them by for a rainy day
It's fixed now, was fun while it lasted.

Might as well pickup all the cheap stuff people are dumping and put them by for a rainy day

I'm still seeing an overall high number at my server. I'm able to get at least 10-15 stacks an hour. Not even close before, thanks to all bots.
It's WAI => Working As Intended :D
Why the F do you complain? Just farm 10 22 slot bags of Whiptail and sell it when they fix this ''problem'' people have with it.
If this was normal and not a bug then

no 1) the change lowering how many herbs are needed for a flask was pointless.

no 2) it would happen to all herbs not just 1 of them (highlands is completely normal)
I agree with OP. This buff to Whiptail seems a bit much.

I managed to loot six (one was a respawn) nodes in one minute!
10/02/2011 12:52 PMPosted by Xana
Indeed. At the moment prices on raw materials in general are completely retarded. I paid 37g for a raw Jasper just to be able to complete my daily jewelcrafting. And it's like this all over the board. Opportunists trying to make a quick buck on raw mats, and then they rage when we charge them 100 gold for a craft cause we had to spend 4K gold to level it

You do realize that its so high because you got all JC-ers on your server buying 3 Jaspers each?

Those mats cost like 10g or less if they aren't used for the daily that day. Just by a bulk of them when the you get the stardust daily quest or something.

I usually have alot of those gems saved up, from prospecting, so I can sell them when its their turn to be the daily JC-ing quest. It's funny to watch the chat window you see people buying them 3 at a time over and over again. They just sell so fast I always run out.

It's not "Opportunists trying to make a quick buck." The demend is just so high.

So much Whiptail, so little time! Just what kind of fertiliser have those Tol'vir been lacing the waters of Vir'Naal with, and when will all this Whiptail madness end? Maybe sooner than you might have hoped. We've been looking into this sudden rush of Whiptail proliferation and we may be considering curtailing all that excessive growth.