A future for garrisons

General
As a base element the garisson is fun....

The only mistake Blizzard made was giving every character their own garrison.. Garrisons should have been account wide.. Which would have made it a fun diversion, instead of doing your garrison on all your ten or twenty characters, just because you can make a lot og gold this way...

Making garrisons acount wide, could even get it adopted to legion... Or as part of a future update bringing the whole gameworld to max level using the same mechanics as in timewalking... Because its obvious that that is going to happen sooner or later...
Blizzard will stop caring about garrisons alltogether the very second people start walking into their class order halls. After that, the only purpose your garrison will be serving is gathering dust and cobwebs, so wasting energy on improving them now is rather pointless.
Garrison was the potential that marks the biggest miss in Blizzard's history. They could have made it 10 000 times better than they ended up with if they'd thought their way through the process, but instead we got a confinement with all the comforts of home that negated every need to go out into the world and explore.

It's best for them that they forget that WoD ever happened, it's a rather dark chapter in the history of a company that's build a reputation for solid gameplay in their games.
I enjoyed garrisons. They are an extensive system with multiple tiny gears that can be min/maxed to your liking, depending on your playstyle. It's a tool for gold making first and foremost tbh.

My opinion isn't very popular one though. Garrisons have a finite amount of things for you to do (unlock blueprints, recruit followres etc), after that you just clear missions and refill work orders, rinse and repeat every day x 11 characters.
Somewhere on a closed test realm is the potential future of your garrison. It will be replaced by a small pandaran dojo with a human monk trainer. He will be called Gary-san and only respond with the word "Gary" in different tones of voice.
Would have been a whole other game if garrisons would have been one/realm/account...
22/12/2015 22:24Posted by Esubane
rinse and repeat every day x 11 characters.

Which pretty much made them like the MoP dailies, so yeah should have been account wide.
I must be the only person that thought garrisons were a bad idea.. the execution was worse than I imagined though. For a start they should have been way more customizable the only real customization is which buildings but you really just pick profession ones - and statues but I've been playing wod since release and haven't even got one, also no boring 'facebook game' missions, no gold missions, no trade chat/access to ah/bank, and account wide (or at least server wide so all characters on the same server have the same garrison.)

But I thought they were totally unneeded, I'd rather have seen a new major city that both factions used like dalaran/shattrath. At least then there is a hub for everything + some social interaction
I like my garrisons on my alts. They make it feel that all those extra characters that I don't play have a purpose. They make a fortune. ;)
23/12/2015 23:18Posted by Anabelle
I like my garrisons on my alts. They make it feel that all those extra characters that I don't play have a purpose. They make a fortune. ;)

Same for me. I doubt I would even have leveled some of them if it wasn't for the gold I can get from them having their own garrison.
after this much time item gold invest dont wana ruin it.

they cant totally remove people will uprise becouse of achis incoming mounts items golds etc

but they cant lleft how is like it now.becouse of then we cant rewally go on legion areas

so i hope they simplifer lot
and bring those all effort ix up with legion

not time sink boring solo buged places

specially after this much decoration effort abondon totally i dont like it.

but probably blizzard will only nerf and left over at wod

just will use some similar mehanic like quest tables mini game like more like shipyard quest table.

no garnsion
22/12/2015 20:48Posted by Rinir
Blizzard will stop caring about garrisons alltogether the very second people start walking into their class order halls. After that, the only purpose your garrison will be serving is gathering dust and cobwebs, so wasting energy on improving them now is rather pointless.

Oh, don't be so sure of that.
If the garrison gave half of what it does now it would still be worth going there a few times every day.
You still have AH, bank, three hearthstones, your class buildings and so on. As it looks in alpha right now, you won't have any of that in your class hall.