Which faction garrison do you prefer?

General
I've got both a horde and alliance garrison. (Well, 3 and 1)

And tbh, I prefer the Horde one much more. Layout is smaller and more compact, much easier to get around and find stuff. The alliance one looks clean and bright, has nice paving etc, but not the same overall comfort value.

Which do you prefer ?
I prefer the Alliance one, though thats just because I've always loved Human architecture in Warcraft. I especially love the Mage Tower designs. Though I could really do with the snowy environment for Winter's Veil, I imagine the Horde one looks really good with all of the decoration packages.
No idea since I only have Alliance so far.
But usually I like the Alliance architecture style more.
For Horde I'm mostly an eastern Horde kind of person.
Alliance without doubt. Horde garrison is awful.
23/12/2015 18:57Posted by Lswindrunner
And tbh, I prefer the Horde one much more.

There must be something wrong with you then.
I have characters on both factions. I prefer the Alliance garrison.
I really don't cate about either of the garrisons.

If they were in the Spires of Arak,or a jungle,or Pandaria...then I would definitely prefer one of them.

But the current garrisons...meh.
The Alliance one feels 100x better for me. The horde one is just a spiky mess that doesn't suit my blood elf at all.
I have only played with the alliance garrison, however I feel like the horde lay out and snowy area looks cooler compared to the linear ish alliance one. :P
With a bunch of each, I think that

- the alliance garrison is much nicer in design but
- the horde garrison is much better suited to the idea of an outpost in a savage land.

I think the designers 'stuck to the brief' better with the horde outpost. If the alliance can chuck up a small well fortified town with a minimum of resources to work with, why can't they repair the stormwind park?
It makes no sense!
23/12/2015 23:34Posted by Froody
- the alliance garrison is much nicer in design but
- the horde garrison is much better suited to the idea of an outpost in a savage land.

Pretty much, also like somone else before me said, Horde is is much more compact and therefore nicer to Navigate. But Alliance besides Town Hall has better building DEsign, and Horde one seems lazy in compare. Like Dwarven Bunker and War Mill, like Mage tower and Spirit Tower. I kinda feel that profession building are kinda better, but they're not all done right either - like enchanter's study where it isn't 100% racial.

So I believe each Garrison has it's pros and cons. For exampleI prefere more Horde's Town Hall becuase it's much easier to navigate there, and I simply preffere wooden with dim light chamber.

But other building indeed should be more imaginative, or at least - have proper walls, I mean barracks first level literally doesn't have any of them and soldeirs needs to sleep in open cold wind. That's just insane.

So overall I gotta say that they clearly invested more time and thought on Alliance Garrison and therefore it got handled better.
If the alliance can chuck up a small well fortified town with a minimum of resources to work with

why can't they repair the stormwind park?

Well, see, that's exactly why.
Alliance garrison looks better in my opinion. The setting in shadowmoon is also much more pleasing to the eye. Though the design style does fit horde I guess... I just wish more of their buildings actually had walls instead of being a tent.
Alliance. The horde one looks like it was made in one afternoon. Don't know what Blizzard was thinking but it's just one of the reasons why WoD felt like a !@#$ing joke.
yep the alliance garrison is better, although regarding the architecture and art etc. the horde garrison looks savage and the alliance one looks neat and organized, as they are meant to be. I picked horde because i pref the savage horde over the pansy alliance dogs.
I prefer the Horde one because of how open and big it feels. The Alliance garrison feels a bit claustrophobic with all the trees and hills surrounding it. Easier access to the garrison table in the Horde one, also.
24/12/2015 05:17Posted by Infinite
I prefer the Horde one because of how open and big it feels. The Alliance garrison feels a bit claustrophobic with all the trees and hills surrounding it. Easier access to the garrison table in the Horde one, also.

The alliance one IS a lot bigger though.
You can tell that Horde characters are 'hard' because all of their buildings/tents are open in a frozen zone.
This is why Alliance characters are 'soft', they don't know the hardship of the elements.
Be warm or freeze to death, I know which any sensible character would choose.
I've got both Horde and Alliance garrisons and even though I'm strictly Horde at heart (playing alliance for friends) I do like the Alliance one much more.

Horde also seems somewhat unfinished to me with the huge open space they just simply filled up with snow... and some more snow.