What races (lorewise) do you think should be playable

Story
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
If we can't take the usual, such as High Elves for the Alliance and Orges for the Horde, I'd say!

Alliance - Keepers/Dryads, Naga, Jinyu or Furbolgs.
Horde - Hozen or Centaurs. Not that many else, but it's Horde so it's not interest!
18/01/2016 07:47Posted by Garloth
They are just noble elves. Thats like saying the human nobles are a different race...

Yon bad at reading? I said they taller than common NELF and their skin is pale (white). Its physical difference not society status. Comes from using arcane magic.
18/01/2016 22:28Posted by Deathwhale
18/01/2016 07:47Posted by Garloth
They are just noble elves. Thats like saying the human nobles are a different race...

Yon bad at reading? I said they taller than common NELF and their skin is pale (white). Its physical difference not society status. Comes from using arcane magic.

They are not a race...
Well depends. I would mainly like to see subraces, but then again we could consider the Jinyu (animation/model-wise) the same as the Kaldorei.

So would/should they add a new Jinyu Tribe (or maybe the one in Jade Forest) to the Kaldorei, or not?

Anyway I would love to see:
Alliance: Jinyu as a new race and Dark Iron Dwarf, Frostbourne Dwarf, Earthen Dwarf, Leper Gnome, Mecha-Gnome, Krokul Draenei added as sub-species + many more custimisation options, such as tattoo's, beards, hairstyles, colors, different eye colors for races (Silver for male Kaldorei, Bronze for female kaldorei).

Horde: Ogre as a new race and Chaos Orc's, Dragonmaw Orc's, Blackrock Orc's, Mag'har Orc's, Forest Trolls, Sea-Goblin's added as subspecies + many more custimisation options such as tattoo's, beards, hairstyles, colors, different eye colors for races (shining orange eyes for Orc's! Blue for Sin'dorei!).

But if I really had too choice I would prefer seeing subspecies before new races, with their own class restrictions (Krokul Warlocks and Rogues!).
Has been said a few times already.. but dryads and ogres. Blizzard were never short of humor, so im certain all the skimpy armor on ogres would be just fine ;)

And what Pendragons wrote is practically what I was going to, subraces.. lots of subraces and apperance customizations beyond the 5-6 generic options in each section.
29/01/2016 18:34Posted by Calithil
Has been said a few times already.. but dryads and ogres. Blizzard were never short of humor, so im certain all the skimpy armor on ogres would be just fine ;)

And what Pendragons wrote is practically what I was going to, subraces.. lots of subraces and apperance customizations beyond the 5-6 generic options in each section.

why dryads tho?
29/01/2016 21:29Posted by Garloth
29/01/2016 18:34Posted by Calithil

why dryads tho?

Because they are numerous enough to be represented through the player base, as opposed to the Keepers which we see very few of. Besides that they have a strong affiliation with the night elves as both are kindred spirits and work quite closely together while having strong ties to Cenarius amongst other. I think they would be an ideal race for the alliance and "monstrous" enough to be a some what equivelant of possible ogre introduction for the horde side :)

On a more personal front, I like forests and all its natural inhabitants, I think it would be quite cool to play a dryad.. even if they prance about and say "im gay".
Ogres are the only real Horde option left, aside from being the best race in the entire setting we could recruit smart ogres from Alternate Draenor instead of the degenerated cave men of Outland. Perhaps Grom and his Iron Horde are recruited to equalise the faction balance given the Hordes crippled status which will be even worse following the Legions assault and with him he brings Ogres from the Empire lead by High Centurion Gormok(?) and boom Ogre faction
Here is my idea!!
Alliance: High Elves
Horde: Ogres
And those are kinda the only races that could be added. Races like Naga,Jinyu, Murlocs etc. are a different story and level and I don' think they would work on any faction.
17/12/2016 12:09Posted by Anesteria
Naga

I actually see this one being possible because they will do the same as what they did with the Blood Elves, and Death Knights, all they need is a leader who is up to no good and a group to rebel or separate and join one of the other factions.

Azshara is working with the old gods, a group of Naga turn against her but are no match for her power so desert her and turn to the Blood Elves whom they already have (admittedly now frayed) ties. Naga become part of the Horde.
Alliance: High Elves
Horde: Ogres

Not only High Elves, but also the Blood Elves should join the Alliance.

And give the Horde Ogres, make Ogres strength/power be worth of 2 players. To back up the slightly lower population from the Horde side.
Horde:
Ogres
Half-orcs

Alliance:
High elf
Jinyu

Both sides:
Vrykul
Drakonid
Well lorewise ( the thread-title suggests )

Ogres and Hozen for the Horde and Jinyu and Highelves would of course make most sense as these races are already part of the respective factions but don't have an ingame representation.

PS: Was it really necessary to necromance that thread out of it's comfy grave? Considering there is already a "Next playable race" - thread thriving and the "Bloodelves join the Alliance?" - thread is basically discussion the same issue atm.
05/01/2016 12:11Posted by Carris
I think that ogres are a race that would certainly fit into the horde but the only problem is what would you counter them with on Alliance?

Most people seem to want Naga but they will complain when they cant mount and their gear looks strange so I feel like it would be best to avoid adding them.

I would imagine however the following:

Alliance

Ethereal - I feel with the new lore regarding shadow priests and old gods being linked to the void that adding the Ethereal as a race. It would require a little bit of salt and pepper to their current lore but it would certainly be interesting and a much needed ruthless race to the alliance.

Jinyu - Many would like murlocs to be added as a playable race, but I think Jinyu would be much more likely as an evolved murloc. They have their own architecture already and have already allied themselves with the Alliance. A much easier race to meld into a water based expansion than the Naga in my opinion.

Vrykul - I would love to see the Vrykul added to the Alliance, specifically to combat ogres and there would be no better time than after Legion to add them to the Alliance. Again a more brutish race could really help with the "soft" image the Alliance has.

Horde

Ogre - I don't really know what to suggest for other races for the horde other than Ogre. It makes perfect sense!

Other

Just some honorable mentions - Arrakoa, Centaur, Drakonid, High elf, Furblog, Gnoll
High Evles would never work on the Horde side! They will always remain with the Alliance!
17/12/2016 12:35Posted by Hawk
Naga

I actually see this one being possible because they will do the same as what they did with the Blood Elves, and Death Knights, all they need is a leader who is up to no good and a group to rebel or separate and join one of the other factions.

Azshara is working with the old gods, a group of Naga turn against her but are no match for her power so desert her and turn to the Blood Elves whom they already have (admittedly now frayed) ties. Naga become part of the Horde.
That's the idea that I was always thinking about how they become but I don't see them on the Horde. They consider the Horde nothing but barbaric blinded fools and they would never join the Horde even if they were invited to, they would soon accept the Night Elves as masters then join the Horde. So they join the Alliance cuz their spiritual life and attitude is the same as the Night Elves and the other Alliance members. And they also respect the Nature witch the Horde don't besides the Tauren and the Blood Elves.
I just want 0 Alliance races in the Horde.

And by the biggest Alliance race: Blood Elves.

Please, get out of our glorious true badass faction. I cannot imagine Orcs, Taurens, Ogres and even Darkspear weaklings to not misuse and disrespect the weak human-like Elves.
Daha, you've got some really bad, twisted vision on what you want the Horde to be. This Horde won't happen, so just flaming get over yourself and deal with it.

Blood Elves, Darkspear, Forsaken, Pandaren...these guys will always be apart of the Horde, regardless on what you want, because what you want, doesn't exist and it never will. If your not happy about that, you've got 2 options.
1) Deal with it or quit

Your ignorance to the lore is astounding, but then again, I'm not surprised, because you've got form.
Alliance: Half-human, quarter orc and quarter draenei
Horde: Half-orc, quarter human and quarter blood elf

=P
Tbh half-orcs would probably be cool. The question is though: what would the other half be? :V
19/12/2016 14:32Posted by Ellieth
Tbh half-orcs would probably be cool. The question is though: what would the other half be? :V

The races I suggested are actually single races like Med'an so full lineage is stated. =P