Computer Advice Needed Please!

General
I want to get a gaming computer together but i don't know much about them, so im looking for some advice!
I've got a build together but i want to know what sort of FPS i would be getting on ultra settings. In places like stormwind and questing areas, then in 25 man raids. Here's some pictures to show what i've put together. Thanks!

http://imgur.com/a/rFCKO
05/01/2016 17:32Posted by Pintsizedfun
I've got a build together but i want to know what sort of FPS i would be getting on ultra settings.

Forget FPS unless it's really low. Most people don't need more than 60 because most monitors are 60hz. So if you're running at 100 FPS you are just having your graphics card generate 40 frames a second your monitor can't even display.
swap that v300. it is not a good ssd. i believe they have the 850 evo as an option on that site, go with that.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

it's a reasonable build other than that. the low frequency of the processor will harm you in particularly cpu bound situations, but it should still perform pretty well on ultra at 1080p.
450W psu? are you sure? id put in a 500W at least. even 550 to be sure.
05/01/2016 20:28Posted by Skeletor

You don't need 450w+ psu with parts that use ~200w max while gaming. :P
What's the frequency? Sorry, I just know very little about computers haha. I've swapped the ssd over as suggested. Thanks for that
05/01/2016 23:10Posted by Kahvipannu
05/01/2016 20:28Posted by Skeletor

You don't need 450w+ psu with parts that use ~200w max while gaming. :P

So I won't need to upgrade the psu? Other than that and the ssd. Is everything else good to run ultra at 60fps?
05/01/2016 17:36Posted by Stepal
05/01/2016 17:32Posted by Pintsizedfun
I've got a build together but i want to know what sort of FPS i would be getting on ultra settings.

Forget FPS unless it's really low. Most people don't need more than 60 because most monitors are 60hz. So if you're running at 100 FPS you are just having your graphics card generate 40 frames a second your monitor can't even display.

movies are only shot in 24fps, which is more than adequate for the human eye
The CPU is quite weak and I highly doubt you'll be able to reach 60 fps on ultra in raids etc. The GPU is good enough for WoW but if you can I'd really look into getting a better CPU.. Power supply is fine for this setup but I would indeed recommend 550 ish for later upgrading if the price won't make that much of a difference.
Also about an SSD... It's a nice addition but with windows 10 being so crazy fast I don't recommend getting one unless you've got spare money.

06/01/2016 11:59Posted by Pranda
movies are only shot in 24fps, which is more than adequate for the human eye

Ugh.. 24fps? Try gaming on 24 fps and then try 60 and you'll never ever think that again :P

Edit: the reason why I'd recommend a faster CPU is because WoW doesn't really require much GPU power anyway. It's the CPU that has to calculate where players are etc and in an MMORPG that's kind of an important thing.
Testing with an r9 390 and a HD 6870 on an i5 4690k has about a 5fps difference :P

06/01/2016 12:06Posted by Kahvipannu
06/01/2016 12:01Posted by Future
The CPU is quite weak and I highly doubt you'll be able to reach 60 fps on ultra in raids etc.

It's the best one for it's price though.. Being better than i3s and all amd cpus. The 4690k is only about 10% better and 6600k 20% better while costing a lot more.

That is with stock speeds though. You can't overclock the i5 4460. The 4960k really does have alot more potental than the 4460. If you aren't going to overclock any of your components I guess it won't make that much of a difference. But for the long run I'd definitely recommend the 4690k over the 4460.
The CPU is quite weak and I highly doubt you'll be able to reach 60 fps on ultra in raids etc.

It's the best one for it's price though.. Being better than i3s and all amd cpus. The 4690k is only about 10% better and 6600k 20% better while costing a lot more.

That is with stock speeds though. You can't overclock the i5 4460. The 4960k really does have alot more potental than the 4460. If you aren't going to overclock any of your components I guess it won't make that much of a difference. But for the long run I'd definitely recommend the 4690k over the 4460.

I don't think the OP is planning to overclock it with the parts he has picked.. :P The mobo doesn't even support OC.

Edit: the reason why I'd recommend a faster CPU is because WoW doesn't really require much GPU power anyway. It's the CPU that has to calculate where players are etc and in an MMORPG that's kind of an important thing.

thats interesting cause my 3 year old cpu only runs at 30% max with 2 copies of wow running at ultra at 5760*1080 res
06/01/2016 12:06Posted by Kahvipannu

I didn't think I would achieve 60fps in raids, but if I can get 40 FPS or there abouts I should be all right I hope.

I don't think the OP is planning to overclock it with the parts he has picked.. :P The mobo doesn't even support OC.
I'm gonna sound stupid now, but I don't know what overclocking is lol :(

Overall though would this build run wow in ultra 1080p with 60fps in all but raids or alike?
06/01/2016 13:59Posted by Pintsizedfun
<span class="truncated">...</span>
I didn't think I would achieve 60fps in raids, but if I can get 40 FPS or there abouts I should be all right I hope.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Overall though would this build run wow in ultra 1080p with 60fps in all but raids or alike?

Overclocking its raising the voltage of the CPU , GPU ( I guess ) , but it's gonna make them run hotter so I hope you'll have good air flow , cooling etc.

Also gtx 960 isnt all that great, you might be better off spending the extra cash for a GTX 970
I hope you didn't add an operating system on purpose, you WILL need a 64 bit version.
06/01/2016 13:59Posted by Pintsizedfun

If you overclock you're basically just increasing the processing and/or memory speed. If you do this too much you can get artifacting and other issues like BSOD's etc which means that you're running an unstable overclock. It is possible to solve this by increasing the voltage it gets as well but not usually required unless you're really going to push your hardware to its max. If you don't know too much about it I suggest you do some research first as it can overheat your components and pretty much just ruin them.

Also as Haise said the 960 isn't a very strong card but it can definitely handle WoW on high settings as well as most other games on 1080p. 970 would be a much better option as it has 4gb of memory rather than the 2gb of the 960 but that's up to you and your budget :P For any other new(er) games 2gb might be a bit on the low side.

Edit: MSI Afterburner is a really good and easy to use program for this. Eventhough it's called MSI Afterburner you can use this with other cards like EVGA and Gainward etc as well.

Another edit: As for the cooling you'll probably be fine as long as you have proper cable management.. Most GPU's nowadays have pretty good stock coolers!

Last edit..:P: Overclocking is never actually required and you probably won't get a big performance boost out of it unless you really push the card. So don't worry about that part if you don't feel like it!
So with a 970 and all the previous parts I had picked, I'll run wow in ultra 1080p with 60fps correct? Thanks for the detailed reply by the way, it was helpful :)
06/01/2016 15:38Posted by Pintsizedfun
So with a 970 and all the previous parts I had picked, I'll run wow in ultra 1080p with 60fps correct? Thanks for the detailed reply by the way, it was helpful :)

No I don't think that the 970 will make a big difference over the 960. Not in WoW anyway. In pretty much any other (single player) game it most definitely will. As stated before WoW is a CPU intensive game but not so much on the graphics unit. Spend the extra cash on a good CPU rather than a 970 unless you're planning on playing other games than WoW
Upgrading my processor to an i7 is out of my budget really, plus I've heard it's not really a noticeable difference. So I'll be going with a 960 gpu and i5. I just need to know what sort of FPS I'll be getting at ultra 1080p. Thanks!
06/01/2016 18:40Posted by Molrath
Upgrading my processor to an i7 is out of my budget really, plus I've heard it's not really a noticeable difference. So I'll be going with a 960 gpu and i5. I just need to know what sort of FPS I'll be getting at ultra 1080p. Thanks!

"an i5" which one specifically? With just that sliver of information I'd say like 35-40 in ashran or 25man raids etc and easy 60+ everywhere else :P