Class/Race Combo, too little diversity

General
I played WoW since the good old days of vanilla. With the introduction of gnome hunters. The choice of the uniqueness of class/race combo will disappear.

Let me explain. When WOW was in it's infancy the Alliance which l usually played had 4 warriors 4 rogues 3 priests 2 mages 2 locks 2 hunters, 2 paladin and a druid.

So for example if you wanted a mage you had a choice of gnome or human, or a hunter night elves or dwarf.

If we exclude the races and classes that were introduced in expansions by the time we get to Legion. There will be in the original 4 alliance races 4 warriors, 4r ogues 4 hunters 4 priests 4 mages 3 locks 2 paladns a druid and a shaman.

As there now a lot of race/class combo that s the same, do you think. like me, that wow has lost some of the uniqueness of the original restricted class/race combo and should have left it the same.
Diversity is good, diversity is a strength, diversity is what makes the WoW community so peaceful and diversity is going to save Azeroth.
I agree with you... If I made an mmo rpg game like wown you would at least need to pick 4 diffefent races... one race wouldnt have morr than 6 classes to pick.
It would be a bit better if you didn't contradict yourself about the available classes.
I'm really hoping that after Legion demon hunters will be just for elves and that they introduce a new class for a race of each faction. Like tinker for goblins and gnomes. If they continue down that path, the game would be a lot more interesting.
30/12/2015 14:07Posted by Korrina
I'm really hoping that after Legion demon hunters will be just for elves and that they introduce a new class for a race of each faction. Like tinker for goblins and gnomes. If they continue down that path, the game would be a lot more interesting.

i hope they keep demon hunters just for elves.

personaly i think gnome hunters was just for gnomes where they got nothng new for a while, and since people hate or love gnomes they wanted to do something special.

As for this topic, i am all up for new race class combos, personally i still want to personally own a Draenei warlock, and Wargen Shaman, but thats why i dont play alliance :D

i'd like to see some undead ret pallys with like corrupted ashbringer, that would be so epic... ugg. i know the lore guys gonna bash me and down my post, but i can always dream cant i?

in the end i dont care anymore, i get demon hunter, and they can be belf, so i win anyways

I think there was a Tinker class for gnomes in ether WC2 or WC3, be nice to have them back :)

In reply to Melodin post the man reason left out the 'newer' races and classes is l hate playing Draenei and Death Knghts and can't remember their class race combo.
Well adding some race-class combos made no sense whatsoever.It started in TBC with blood elf paladins harnessing ''the Light'' sounds stupid as the Light should be a divine power coming in aid of the most pure-hearted and just and we all know the mana-hungry maniacs aren't the best candidates.The Sunwalkers makes more sense.

Draenei shamans should be for broken ones only as the current ones haven't stayed enough in the wild to understand the elements.Dwarf shaman makes more sense.

Gnome warriors make no sense unless they are being used as cannonballs.Gnome hunter wouldn't be able to shoot a normal bow but shooting a gun wouldn't require any strenght or size .

Monks should be panda only because reasons.

Orcs are too savage to master the arcane arts.

In D&D system some classes get penalized for the races they chose but well those are the real rpg games.
Only Class/Race combo I miss atm is Panda DK tbh.

30/12/2015 14:26Posted by Melodin

Cmon, Human DH, Draenei DH, Troll DH, Orc DH they would not only fit the story (after Legion), but would be absolutely awesome!
I agree with OP. Lets keep some class/Race combinations unique.
Only class/race combo's I ever see on Horde are blood elf/class. It's like Arthas never commited genocide at Silvermoon.
30/12/2015 15:43Posted by Bioorc
Cmon, Human DH, Draenei DH, Troll DH, Orc DH they would not only fit the story (after Legion), but would be absolutely awesome!

I can just image a troll with tusks and horns, truly an epic look :P

And no, there's no lore reason why the elves would teach other races to be demon hunters. Remember when broken and naga were part of Illidan's army. Did they teach them? No. Why teach other races you have absolutely no control over. Doesn't make any sense to me.
For me, it got screwed up when Undead had the ability to become hunters. Just seems so wrong that an animal would loyally follow a walking corpse. And with all those bones sticking out through the flesh, what wolf wouldn't be temped to have a nibble?
30/12/2015 20:31Posted by Shaylarran
For me, it got screwed up when Undead had the ability to become hunters.

Thanks for replies, but on both the silly variation on class/race combo like the one quoted above.

When TBC came out and the Blood Elves Paladins and Dreanei Shamans were introduced. I thought they were members of the wrong faction. A race of demons for alliance and persecuted elves for horde looked daft. especial when there was a short lived faction called Slvermoon Remnant.
30/12/2015 14:26Posted by Melodin

personaly i think gnome hunters was just for gnomes where they got nothng new for a while, and since people hate or love gnomes they wanted to do something special.

As for this topic, i am all up for new race class combos, personally i still want to personally own a Draenei warlock, and Wargen Shaman, but thats why i dont play alliance :D

i'd like to see some undead ret pallys with like corrupted ashbringer, that would be so epic... ugg. i know the lore guys gonna bash me and down my post, but i can always dream cant i?

in the end i dont care anymore, i get demon hunter, and they can be belf, so i win anyways

I will doubt if they can change it... like death knights bounded wrath of the lich king event they going to be bound with to burning crusade events... and only deathknights I know are "elf"

about thread... races are learning... SMALL groups of gnomes started to following light(very very small... got joke? :P) while night elves accepting their old mage friends back to their homeland.

as we said.... pandas will never be deathknights since even nerzhul/arthas didnt know about pandaria in time and there are no new death knights coming by the lich king as we know(not as player atleast)

yet -worgen and- goblins have chance to become monks yet its too hard... since they are too far away from having peace in them self

edit: worgens CANT BE ... I forgot they bounded by past too... pandaria is unknown by gilneas when they were cursed as I know... imposible unless they add diffrent events to them :P
meh, Im undecided about class/race combos.
Im glad that all races can be hunters and warriors coz both are fairly humdrum skill sets which all races really should be able to learn.
I do miss the uniqueness of druids though and shamans and paladins being faction specific.
I disagree, Death Knight was aviable to ALL races during WOTLK. And WOTLK had 13millions subscribers i recall there was ppl who whined on forums saying that X race should not be able to be allowed to be Death Knights but 13m of subscribers showed that most ppl is ok with that.

In real life there is good soccer players of ANY race. Race/class and Race/Occupation stereotypes looks wrong to me.

I race changed my Paladin on Horde side for Tauren and never had any regrets about it. (My Human paladin on Alliance still Human tho) some ppl say that Taurens look bad as palas, but the thing is there is Transmog sets that look better on taurens than on other races, just like there is transmog sets that look better on Humans.

30/12/2015 20:31Posted by Shaylarran
For me, it got screwed up when Undead had the ability to become hunters. Just seems so wrong that an animal would loyally follow a walking corpse. And with all those bones sticking out through the flesh, what wolf wouldn't be temped to have a nibble?

I disagree there was Dogs in real life who was sleeping on their master Graves even when their master is died.
And Forsaken are ex humans so there is nothing wrong if their pet still loyal to their master even when master becomes Forsken. Also not all hunters use pets there is "Lone Wolf" talent.

There is undead animals also not just undead humanoids.
31/12/2015 06:28Posted by Chingmel
about thread... races are learning... SMALL groups of gnomes started to following light(very very small... got joke? :P) while night elves accepting their old mage friends back to their homeland.

Just reading some replies and as l have a few gnomes, If I recall, in lore gnomes see priests as just healers.

'Notably, following the examples prior to Cataclysm, gnome priests seem to focus heavily on the divine's ability of healing, though more with the intention of practicing medicine rather than sorcery. Their usage of it is actually very similar to first aid, as such most gnome priests refer to themselves as doctors and surgeons.

Blood elves Paladins are Blood Knights and Tauren Paladins are Sunwalkers, explanations are given on opening cinematises or websites