GTX 970 lags on High Settings

General
Hey just got a new GTX 970 and it lags on high settings, It's not alot but 50-55fps, it's noticeable just to the extent where it gets a bit annoying. Anyone have some similar problems?

It's also 60+fps when i stand still, but the moment i turn the camera it stutters and goes down to 50fps

My other specs are:
16GB RAM
Intel i3-4160 3,60GHz
750W PSU

And i also run wow on my HDD not my SSD
Any fix for this or did i make a mistake buying a 970?
You definitely didn't make a mistake buying the GTX 970. WoW needs a beefier CPU. The i3 isn't bad, but I think the FPS's drop has got to do with the CPU.
No, you didnt do any mistake by getting a 970, it's a great card, best bang for the buck atm, also WoW its more dependent on the CPU than the GPU, so your i3 might have a hand in this.

Also did you try to do a clean install for the 970 drivers?

PS: I have an old gtx760 and I have around 100FPS on very high - ultra standing still, drops around to 55-60 when doing 25-30 man raiding.
09/01/2016 18:19Posted by Fossgrim
Hey just got a new GTX 970 and it lags on high settings, It's not alot but 50-55fps, it's noticeable just to the extent where it gets a bit annoying. Anyone have some similar problems?

It's also 60+fps when i stand still, but the moment i turn the camera it stutters and goes down to 50fps

My other specs are:
16GB RAM
Intel i3-4160 3,60GHz
750W PSU

If you have 60 Hertz screen that limist your FPS at 60 max. I have i7 4790k , 16 gig ddr 3 xmp, and 2 x 960 in sli and i have 144 fps as my 144 hertz screen.

You can educate yourself a bit more from Linus teach tips or Toms hardware. Im into hardware my whole life, 970 is very good car its not a mistake, something else is bottlenecking your performance.

If you want me add me on battletag we can talk more in details ill help you out and fix ur problem. I have free time now :)
09/01/2016 18:26Posted by Zenke
No, you didnt do any mistake by getting a 970, it's a great card, best bang for the buck atm, also WoW its more dependent on the CPU than the GPU, so your i3 might have a hand in this.

Well, I went into device manager before i took out the old GPU, and uninstalled the Old GPU's drivers, then i mounted the new card and went into geforce experience and everything seemed like it was up to date. It runs other games alot better than my old card did. So i guess it's my CPU that i need to update next then :P
09/01/2016 18:29Posted by Fossgrim
09/01/2016 18:26Posted by Zenke

Well, I went into device manager before i took out the old GPU, and uninstalled the Old GPU's drivers, then i mounted the new card and went into geforce experience and everything seemed like it was up to date. It runs other games alot better than my old card did. So i guess it's my CPU that i need to update next then :P

Hmm, try to disable V-sync in-game and check if your FPS jumps over 60.
It's absolutely your CPU, unfortunely it doesn't matter how good your GPU is with WoW, you will experience framerate issues if your CPU is weak.
09/01/2016 18:29Posted by Seductìon
09/01/2016 18:19Posted by Fossgrim

My other specs are:
16GB RAM
Intel i3-4160 3,60GHz
750W PSU

If you have 60 Hertz screen that limist your FPS at 60 max. I have i7 4790k , 16 gig ddr 3 xmp, and 2 x 960 in sli and i have 144 fps as my 144 hertz screen.

You can educate yourself a bit more from Linus teach tips or Toms hardware. Im into hardware my whole life, 970 is very good car its not a mistake, something else is bottlenecking your performance.

Yep, I have been watching some videos from him, they are pretty good! And for the bottlenecking part i guess it's the CPU.

Thanks for the answers guys! :)
09/01/2016 18:31Posted by Fossgrim
Yep, I have been watching some videos from him, they are pretty good! And for the bottlenecking part i guess it's the CPU.

Thanks for the answers guys! :)

as i said above if u missed, u can add me battletag we can talk more about your specific parts in detail so i check it out for you :)