Elementals for all mage classes!!

General
So when will he get an Arcane and Fire mage elemental??

Arcane Elemental for arcane

Fire Elemental for Fire

:)
The last thing we need is even more streamlined classes.
Fire elemental is more a shaman thing than a mage thing. And arcance elemental is kinda just a voidwalker just made of arcane power instead and can use arcane missiles.
Do you even play a Mage?

Water Elementals stink. I look foward to the days when i can just play Fire without needing high crit gear and Arcane isn't a game of staring at a mana bar percentage.
26/01/2016 16:51Posted by Ciene
and Arcane isn't a game of staring at a mana bar percentage.

Welcome to legion. There they will chance Mastery to give you more mana instead of dmg based on your mana %. So you will be able to go bonkers with your arcane blast as you want when legion hits.
26/01/2016 16:52Posted by Shandera
26/01/2016 16:51Posted by Ciene
and Arcane isn't a game of staring at a mana bar percentage.

Welcome to legion. There they will chance Mastery to give you more mana instead of dmg based on your mana %. So you will be able to go bonkers with your arcane blast as you want when legion hits.
#

Gotta wait on those talents. Frost is a simple and easy spec, but when it came to 100 and the status quo was "PRYSMATIC CRYSTAL IS BEST DEEPS FOR UR GROUP" a single clunky talent destroyed any and all enjoyment of it.
The last thing we need is more godd*mned pets.

Seriously, they f*cking suck. It's bad enough that I have a garbage WE when I'm in frost spec, this is not what I signed up for when I rolled a mage.

If I wanted a retarded pet aggroing mobs, pathing badly, refusing to move and keeping me in combat against some offscreen mob for minutes until I run far enough to despawn it, I would have made a hunter.

26/01/2016 16:52Posted by Shandera

If you spam AB and nothing else you will almost surely still run out of mana even with the new mastery. So instead of just bursting whenever possible, the goal will be to burst when you have good trinket procs rolling and conserve when you have no procs.

In that sense, it will be very similar to warlock.
Pets are annoying.

I would rather they just remove the water elemental from frost spec instead.
26/01/2016 16:55Posted by Nanochan
If you spam AB and nothing else you will almost surely still run out of mana even with the new mastery. So instead of just bursting whenever possible, the goal will be to burst when you have good trinket procs rolling and conserve when you have no procs.

My point was just simply instead of having a burst phase and a sustain phase, you now will be able to do burst when you want instead of having to wait for your mana regen CD, since just being below 80% mana outside of the sustain phase would be a major dps loss. This would mean instead of 1 big burst each 1.5 min you can instead have multiple small burst when you either feels like it or on certain procs.
26/01/2016 17:00Posted by Shandera
This would mean instead of 1 big burst each 1.5 min you can instead have multiple small burst when you either feels like it or on certain procs.

Yeah. In short, it will add much more skill and decision-making to Arcane mage rather than just following a priority system blindly until your CDs are ready, then popping them for easy #1 in recount/skada.
Just remove the elemental from frost and give it to resto shaman.
26/01/2016 17:03Posted by Saldura

The water elemental on mages is a core ability that have existed since Warcraft 1. So removing it from mage would be rather stupid. Also what should a resto shaman use a dps pet for since that is what the water elemental is.
No. I hate pet classes.

Wish I could play unholy dk without a pet.
Don't you freaking dare add pets to Arcane mages, I like my petless class!
Hopefully never
26/01/2016 17:05Posted by Shandera

The water elemental on mages is a core ability that have existed since Warcraft 1. So removing it from mage would be rather stupid. Also what should a resto shaman use a dps pet for since that is what the water elemental is.

makes more sense on a shaman anyway.
26/01/2016 17:05Posted by Shandera

Well a resto shaman uses mainly water spells so the elemental could boost the healing spells (temporarily)

Elementals are a shaman thing is what I'm saying. A mage shouldn't have an elemental, so they should rename it into familiar and come up with a new form for it if they really want to keep the pet for that spec.
27/01/2016 18:31Posted by Saldura
Elementals are a shaman thing is what I'm saying. A mage shouldn't have an elemental, so they should rename it into familiar and come up with a new form for it if they really want to keep the pet for that spec.

Elemental summoning is first a thing that came with WoW on the Shaman class. Before WoW the only units to summon elementals were Conjurer in warcraft 1 (which is just the former name of a mage) and Archmage in warcraft 3. And the elemental both could summon was a Water elemental.

So as I said earlier Summoning of water Elementals is a core ability. Not even the Farseer or shaman unit from WC3 (which the Shaman class is based on) had the ability to summon elementals.

Edit:
My point is just that Water elemental and Arcane elemental fits the mage class. Though I would not want to see arcane mages get arcane elemental, since that is kinda like a voidwalker.
26/01/2016 16:45Posted by Kylero
Fire Elemental for Fire

Would that mean Shamans have to summon a lava elemental? which is just a blob that slowly drags behind?
26/01/2016 16:50Posted by Shandera
Fire elemental is more a shaman thing than a mage thing.

Why?
I'm not the biggest lore geek, but I don't remember shamans being able to summon or conjure anything elemental prior to WoW.
Quite the opposite, it was always warlocks and mages who did those things. Remember Kael'Thas' / blood mage's ultimate skill Phoenix in warcraft 3 & TFT? According to the wiki, phoenixes come from the elemental plane, so it's probably an elemental. A fire elemental. Summoned by a mage.

That said, if you want to add pets/minions for mages, OP, they'd better be optional.