Legacy servers, OP 5 years later!

General
Prev 1 364 365 366 419 Next
22/04/2016 00:17Posted by Gudren
21/04/2016 23:52Posted by Bemyfantasy

Iam sorry with all due respect please stop slateing Keg and making him look the bad person .He is ,like you a payeing player and has a right to post his own view .

Take a look at some of the "pro" posters and see how toxic they are ,can you not ask them to stop posting and harming your view ?

In case you are wondering who reported you .I did its ok for the "pro's" to name call like Azmongold and others you like that but when Keg posts in a good manner you slate him ? that is blantant harrsement right there .

blatant harassment? ... o.O

sure ... okay... nn.

Upvote post #1 if you too want the old ways restored

thouth you was going to bed rember pre teens need there sleep to wine and mone
22/04/2016 00:20Posted by Jämescon

In this thread i am asleep... in the other one i am awake.

I have to explain the simplest things to you... seriously.

Waddap, any news?
21/04/2016 20:54Posted by Volaraj
It’s quiet amazing how those voting for a legacy server are confident that it will be successful but those against it are trying to disprove the idea as best as they can and seem to feel threatened by it with all of the nonsense of how it’ll affect the life servers. If the classic WoW was so terrible in your opinion why being so afraid of “community cannibalization” and “segregation”? Surely if it was that awful no one will play it. Or are you afraid that those few core players still left in game will leave you and move to a legacy server?

Well yes offcourse some will feel threatened. If there would be created a legacy server people will go there. I don't expect it will be huge numbers tho, only during content droughts maybe. But it will influence the live servers aswell so it's not very strange that people who don't want to go back in time are against this idea.

I can think of some other reasons why they shouldn't give in to this tho.

If they would create a vanilla server it will take only a few days for people wanting a Burning Crusade server. Because that expansion was the best they made so far! (that would be an argument). Same for WotLK. Then you get to the part where a part of the community wants this patch and a part that patch etc etc
See where I am going? And if they say nah we only do a legacy server they will get all angry because they are feeling less important then those who got their legacy server!
Even if they would allow one legacy server people would still not be satisfied.

Its good they draw a line and stick to it. And I can understand it sucks for people who want to play vanilla but its impossible to satisfy everyone and at the end they decide on what the majority wants. So as long as you won't get majority of the community behind this idea, it won't happen.
22/04/2016 00:20Posted by Jämescon

I'd imagine "pre teens" have better grammar than you, my homie!

A progressive classic server would be awesome! What brought all those millions of players here in the first place would doubtlessly do it again given a few months, nost was doing that and it wasn't even an official thing! How could Blizz think it would be a financial loss?

What I'd rather see is the Blizz developers create an even better game in Legion, and recognise the things that brought their subscribers to a peak throughout classic, TBC and WOTLK. It wasn't just a coincidence that an RPG audience enjoyed an MMORPG experience, and it doesn't take two brain cells to recognise why nostalrius was growing at such an incredible rate, because EVERYONE who plays RPGs enjoys a true RPG experience, whether you support the idea or not, classic was closer to a true RPG experience than anything you will find after it.

I still play D2, single player, hardcore, cause that to me is true RPG, I have a level 81 barb (and gaining, he's good on bench press) and that is intense, believe! When wow was initially brought out the whole experience was like a damn goldmine. So much to do, so many people around, stuff was hard back then, but that's what you had groups for. The game didn't just end when you reached max level and joined raid finder, you had to do your instances or find your BG groups and work hard to get somewhere or get out shined by those that did, it is an MMO after all.

For me personally it feels like the life in this game has been drained, I don't know how anyone can sit in their chair and defend the current state WoW is in if they experienced the classic times. Either they don't understand the what an RPG is or they were never truly a fan of the genre, either way, here's to Legion being better, or at least WoW in the future becoming something that it was in the past.
22/04/2016 00:42Posted by Zendrø
Waddap, any news?

Gudren stil a !@#$ and there no movement on the servers
Ohwell i gave a shot for retail today earlier, but i couldnt find 3 rbg wins even...
22/04/2016 00:58Posted by Zendrø
Ohwell i gave a shot for retail today earlier, but i couldnt find 3 rbg wins even...

well stop inviting asshats ?
22/04/2016 01:00Posted by Jämescon
22/04/2016 00:58Posted by Zendrø

well stop inviting asshats ?

I love how your english is flawless every time you curse.

There used to be time when i leaded more or less 150 rbg wins so i really cba. Only grps i can see most of time are boost advertisements... my friend list used to have 50 ppl online most of time year ago now barely 10.

Rip
22/04/2016 01:06Posted by Zendrø
There used to be time when i leaded more or less 150 rbg wins so i really cba. Only grps i can see most of time are boost advertisements... my friend list used to have 50 ppl online most of time year ago now barely 10.

Rip

becouse this game used to be RPG
21/04/2016 23:12Posted by Aenjin
There is no discussion possible if one side keeps on making demands while ignoring all blue posts in the process indeed. That's just becomes a one sided rant.
At some point, you have to wonder why are you asking for a Blizzard response if none of what they say is considered as valid...

Have you listened to the CM-Lore(he posts in blue btw) podcast i have linked in my reply to you already?

Guess not because him saying "vanilla servers are likely to happen" doesn't fit into your agenda.

Ah who am i kidding.....You don't even read replies you just keep making the same posts every other page xD
Have you listened to the CM-Lore(he posts in blue btw) podcast i have linked in my reply to you already?

who give a hoot what a community managers has to say on the topic he doesn't make the decision on the mater mike morhaime and the board of directors do so there that
Which link?
22/04/2016 01:41Posted by Farian
Guess not because him saying "vanilla servers are likely to happen" doesn't fit into your agenda.

That's because when he said that he was responding to a hypothetical situation. It is extremely dishonest to misrepresent him like that.

https://soundcloud.com/dgyhu/adult-content-and-the-vanilla-experience-dont-get-your-hopes-up-27

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17604403671?page=1

"Inb4 people start claiming he said it's definitely gonna happen, then cry that they lied when they don't."
oh yeah the commander is here. hows the day of defenders of azeroth keg?
22/04/2016 02:19Posted by Zendrø
oh yeah the commander is here. hows the day of defenders of azeroth keg?

Same as always thank you. A new day, same old shi... ^^
Looks like the US forums are more reasonable than the EU ones.
22/04/2016 02:14Posted by Keg
22/04/2016 01:41Posted by Farian

That's because when he said that he was responding to a hypothetical situation. It is extremely dishonest to misrepresent him like that.

https://soundcloud.com/dgyhu/adult-content-and-the-vanilla-experience-dont-get-your-hopes-up-27

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17604403671?page=1

"Inb4 people start claiming he said it's definitely gonna happen, then cry that they lied when they don't."

Keg, are you against the concept of a progressive classic server? Or are you playing devil's advocate? From what I've read on this thread it appears people are arguing for the sake of trying to win an argument, as far back as I've read anywhom, as opposed to discussing the concept of what a said server could bring to the current state of WoW, and for many, MANY (see the millions that classic wow brought to the game) potential players who enjoy a true RPG experience.

May I ask what are your beefs with the concept of a classic server, if you are against it? Also anyone else if you are reading this post, in terms of a gaming experience or a true RPG experience, for the sake of argument, it would be interesting to know, and I would be happy to share with you my own experience if you are willing to share yours, of what a real RPG is.
22/04/2016 02:31Posted by Schwzenegger
May I ask what are your beefs with the concept of a classic server, if you are against it?

No offence fella but you could try reading the thread. I have posted it many times. But out of courtesy, one more time. Dev of a classic realm would draw resources away from the current game. This is my beef with them.

I don't want Blizzard to cut back on current game dev to develop something only a small amount of players would actually utilize for the long term.

22/04/2016 02:31Posted by Schwzenegger
MANY

This is what is known as a "weasel word"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word

edit - What do you mean by a "progressive" Classic realm?