So what was your favourite/least favourite expansion?

Argent Dawn
I know I already posted, but I have to say MoP was my second least favourite - if only because between that and GW2 coming out, near enough all of my old friends stopped playing the game.

Also it butchered the Scarlet Monastery and for some reason all the new bosses had weird-as-hell accenfs
I started in wrath, so naturally my favourite would be... Catacylsm. I loved wrath, it was amazing, detailed and exciting, but I had no idea how to play the game and ran around with low hit raiting, unsure of what I was doing for half the expansion, till someone said "Hey, you're hit raiting is really bad!" instead of raging at me for being a useless waste of space. Rest of the expansion I did ok.

Cataclysm was when I first did RP and Raiding, I did a tiny bit of ICC, but in Cataclysm I did heroic Death Wing. So I'm quite happy with that.

Least favourite is BC, I know, it doesn't make sense, I started in Wrath, but I hate it because I wasn't there, and everyone keeps rubbing my face in it. If I was there I'm sure I would've enjoyed it, But because I wasn't, I didn't enjoy it... obviously.

Extra Mention, Vanilla, same reason above, and because everyone says they played since Vanilla and it's become a form of one upmanship, Even if it's not true, if you've played from Vanilla, for some reason that means you're better at the game than everyone else. Funny, I've played Final Fantasy games for the past two decades, I'm still awful at them.

Edit: Sorry, this post was long. And me apologising just made it longer.
06/02/2016 08:14Posted by Lessingham
Mists of Pandaria might be my favourite.

reported for having an opinion SMH
06/02/2016 09:22Posted by Lynniath
Also it butchered the Scarlet Monastery and for some reason all the new bosses had weird-as-hell accenfs

... crap.

I'd forgotten that was MoP. I associate "trashing my favourite old world stuff" with Cataclysm.

06/02/2016 09:45Posted by Emberfrost
06/02/2016 08:14Posted by Lessingham
Mists of Pandaria might be my favourite.

reported for having an opinion SMH

Vanilla was bobbins. Come at me.

This might be the worst thing about MoP, I love the Scarlet Crusade as they are but nooooooooooo, you just have to make a rendition.
TBC - Was okay, joined WoW then but saw far too many Elites being taken away from old world as the nerfs started to make things easier. Actually fought Hogger when he was hard, wasn't soloable and had fun teaming up with random people to take him down. Ah memories. :) Did druid healing in some dungeons then with guild I was in.

WOLK - Didn't get to see the event leading to this, was away at the time but had fun with the expansion nonetheless and did get a fair bit into raiding for the first time. Moved from druid healing to hunter dps and enjoyed making the whole ammo (Miss that really)

Cataclysm - 50-50 on this one, didn't like the changes, thought questing was made far too easy, never got into the dungeons or raids at all so started out role-playing for the first time as a troll and then as a goblin and did both.

Mists - Loved it, moved over to Pandaren and role-played Shado Pan from the start as soon as I was able to get into the new zones. Been in two Shado Pan Guilds and role-played unguilded. Loved the farm as it was right balance for getting mats as you had to choose carefully for cooking, rep grinding or others from just 16 slots. Scenerios were fun, 5.1 content dailies were fun, same for Thunder Island and dungeons/raids were a blast as well. This expansion I did quite a lot and had fun doing some PvP as well. Best expansion for me right now.

Warlords - Not my best, pretty much any reason has been discussed to death and resurrected and killed over and over again to get too detailed as to why. For a long time I hated Cataclysm but even that did a fair better job than this one so my end results are...

Best - Mists of Pandaria
Worst - Warlords of Draenor

And every other expansion in between that.
In order from personal best to worse with extreme bias:

Wrath: This is when I reached max level for the first time. It is also when I started RP'ing. ICC is still my favorite raid thus far. Patch 3.3 was just great and the LFG system worked just the way I like it. I have little idea of what went wrong to that LFG tool in later expansions and patches because 3.3 LFG worked well.
Consider this.. nostalgia goggles given just the first phrase by itself. Max level, raid, PvP (Wintergrasp was amazing) and RP for the first time.

MoP: I love the Jade Forest. I love the continent (except everything beyond the wall. It just looks dull and uninteresting, with boring quests) and I wanted to see more of Pandaria. Too bad they decided we already had enough from that continent and should go back to Kalimdor.
The natives of that continent were interesting. Just.. Jade Forest. Jade freakin Forest and Pandaren lore.

Cataclysm: They revamped the old world which, from a leveling point of view of someone that still does quests to level over LFG, is welcomed. I cannot count how many times I've repeated some of those places and don't find them to be THAT boring (unlike TBC and Wrath leveling areas. Minus you Borean Tundra. Everyone may think you are boring but I like you just the way you are). Plus Goblins, my favorite race!
Anything beyond that? Meh. I'm not into sentient dragons. I tolerate and accept their existence in some settings (including Warcraft obviously) but I just overall don't like the idea of an old wise and powerful dragon army.

WoD: Please don't hurt me for placing this above the last one I'll point out but please.. hear me out. I dislike the lore of this expansion as much as any person (specially RP'er). BUT... ... this expansion peeked my curiosity just because of the legendary ring bait carrot on the stick.
I'm a terrible person but that quest-line made be endure the tedious quests and LFR just to see the end and get the ring. Not because I LIKED the lore. Not because I LIKED the storytelling.. but because Blizzard was able to entice me with their simple requests at first. "Just do this LFG dungeon. It's not hard, right?", "Do just one more Dungeon! GOOD JOB!" , "Oh, it's just this raid, no harm right?". I felt like a frog that had the water boiled slowly instead of giving me hot water right from the get-go.
It was gradual, I hated it but my curiosity driven me to raid. And the last time I attempted raiding was on Throne of Thunder LFR.. which I chickened out. Even before that LFR experience was ICC. So I didn't raid for a long time and WoD got me to try it again.
Plus, given that I've turned more casual and far more into RP for the last few years, I for one welcome the facebook garrison mission table. Not because it's a good thing but for selfish reasons.
... So, in short, Blizz did something right, despise the horrible horrible lore. You don't mess with time traveling on your story. It's a hard thing to pull off without screwing up the rest of the lore.

TBC: This is when I started playing WoW. It's hard to evaluate it given that I was too "noob" to reach maximum level and to understand the expansion when it was relevant.
I'm placing this last not because I think the expansion is bad but because of the things I experienced as a "noob". The game was just not friendly and kind for people like me at the time! Wrath fixed that, which is one of the reasons why it is at the top.

Can't judge Vanilla. I didn't start playing World of Warcraft on that time.. even though I had the chance to witness and play Warcraft 3 a couple of years before WoW was released.
Favourite was WotLK, by far. Challenging, meaningful raids. Great story. The best antagonist, as mentioned.
And Scourge... A tangible enemy. Worth it.

Least favourite? Tied between Cata and WoD. Cata had decent raids, but !@#$ storytelling that really just served to empower Green Jesus. And honestly, WoD was pretty similar in that aspect. Shoehorning Archimonde in there didn't help.

I'm pretty neutral about BC, but I must say I was pretty surprised by MoP as I expected it to suck, and it didn't. Still not a fan of pandas though.
MoP>WotlK>>>TBC>Cata=WoD.

06/02/2016 09:49Posted by Lessingham
Vanilla was bobbins. Come at me.

I can get on board with that. The molten core anniversary event really crystallised that for me. I'm not sure if I'd leave vanilla on an equal to or slightly better than level of Cata/WoD, but it's definitely down there.

A lot of the silliness wasn't dropped in TBC as well, and it was only with Wrath that they seemed to really start to focus their design ideas into not being awful.
I know WoD was the worst, period, worst worst, WORST expansion ever.

Proof that ork expansion was a joke tbh.
06/02/2016 09:50Posted by Emberfrost

This might be the worst thing about MoP, I love the Scarlet Crusade as they are but nooooooooooo, you just have to make a rendition.

That in MoP, and Cataclysm, are two reasons I REALLY disliked those expansions. Again, call me a bitter nostalgic, but they seemed to be a point where "New" WoW was rolled in; in terms of destroying the old and having little to replace it with. MoP was better in this regard, even if I personally wasn't a fan, but Cataclysm felt like it didn't really know where it was going.

(I'm aware one dungeon I barely even run is hardly reason to dislike an xpac, but I mean. Look at me.)
I liked MoP, but I did really grow to hate what they did to Scholomance.
06/02/2016 10:36Posted by Hërbert

It has one massive, major, saved-from-the-scrapheap redeeming feature, though.

Spires of Arak.

WTB playable Arakkoa. Rukhmar faction for Alliance, Terokk faction for Horde. You know it makes sense.
kung fu panda 3 was the best out of the trilogy
06/02/2016 13:39Posted by Lessingham
WTB playable Arakkoa. Rukhmar faction for Alliance, Terokk faction for Horde. You know it makes sense.

Why would they be separated when the Arakkoa stand united at this point?
06/02/2016 13:56Posted by Elenthas

Why would they be separated when the Arakkoa stand united at this point?

Operative words being 'at this point'. Unity in the face of crisis isn't a permanent reconciliation.

OR:

Another alternate universe? :D
Favourites: Wrath, and Mists up to the Thunder King.
Least Favourite: MoP from the Rebellion onward, and Warlords of Draenor.

Warlords didn't really contribute much to my enjoyment of the game, and I don't consider the new models to be included as part of the expansion. If we received new races, or perhaps a new class. Then I would have been inclined to enjoy the expansion more.

An engineer/mechanical oriented class would have been perfect for WoD, with the focus on the Iron Horde's machinery and Iron Star technology...
I noticed I didn't give MoP enough credit.
I really enjoyed it, good story, Cloud serpents are sexy, I enjoy monks, and though I only did LFR during it, it was a better difficulty then it is now.
06/02/2016 10:36Posted by Hërbert

It has one massive, major, saved-from-the-scrapheap redeeming feature, though.

Spires of Arak.

I'd more do a neutral wingless faction seperating into two like the pandaren then giving one side flying and the other non-flying. Have to have a model overhaul mind but then they could ride flying mounts like the rest of us earthbound scum.
MoP - WotLK - Cata - WoD

Ye buddy.