WOWs Playerbase at start of 2016

General
Well i figured since Blizzard won't release and more sub details I went to http://www.wowprogress.com/
and added all the numbers up from each realm worldwide and this is the result, these numbers may come close to reality

1.093.154 - EU
922.579- US
314.605 - Asia (can;t say anything about china doesn't seem to be any data)
2.330.338 -worldwide

Have a nice day!
It can't be that low.
wowprogress does not count the low lvl players + those that has no progression in raids as far as i know
What Sentwin said. Plus wowprogress has characters, not the same thing as subscribers.

I don't like berating people for being stupid but I'll make an exception for you. Wowprogress says how they arrive at their figures. It's obvious they are incomplete for your purposes. Apply your brain and think more critically.
probably not the exact number, but there's no way that wow has more than 3 mil at this point, and it will only go down before Legion
13/02/2016 10:04Posted by Reloadedmojo
Well i figured since Blizzard won't release and more sub details I went to http://www.wowprogress.com/
and added all the numbers up from each realm worldwide and this is the result, these numbers may come close to reality

1.093.154 - EU
922.579- US
2.330.338 -worldwide

Have a nice day

Its done on lvl 100 chars and there progress .I for example have 15 lvl 100's and a load low lvls which are not counted so your count was a waste of time sorry to say .
From the website:

Population - amount of unique players that meet any of the two conditions:
- has a level 100 character that killed something in Tier 17 Heroic Mode
- has a level 100 character in a guild that killed something in Tier 17 Heroic Mode

It's right there. It's only the population of raiders, and not even every raider either. So of course the numbers are very low.
Have a nice day!

I see what you did there :P

Try this site instead...

https://realmpop.com/eu.html

even if every player has 8 toons (which is not the case) then EU pop is over 3 million.

http://www.wowprogress.com/

so you used a site that keeps check on Raiders doing heroic and above?

to determine what the Sub-Numbers are?

Next you are going to use a statement about chicken eggs to cure Cancer right?

13/02/2016 10:51Posted by Barelyheals
Apply your brain and think more critically.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/276601/number-of-world-of-warcraft-subscribers-by-quarter/

Last known sub-number was 5.5M.

Granted that if we follow this Graph it would be at about 3.5M However I am not to sure after the implementation of that Token that the Dive of the subs has been that devastating.

now what I base that on?
If we look at this Graph the last fall of subs were only 100k.

meaning that the Dive was indeed stopped from being in the number of Millions.

now we are soon at Q 1 of 2016?

then if the dive was really stopped it would be 5.4

assuming the dive continued let's see we might be, below 5Million subs now?
that is Of course assuming that the dive has come to a permanent hold.

Now as to why Blizzard stopped announcing these sub-numbers?
Because wow's money gain can no longer be measured with the Sub-Numbers the game-shop and other stuff they've done has done that wow is making a great profit.
since the consumers are buying stuff like-mounts-services-tokens-pets.

so see it like this wow can be indeed be down to 3 Million subs?
But still make more profit than they did when the game was at 12M.

Subs were announced earlier since it was wow's only income source and this as said earlier has changed.

next: what does it matter to you how many that plays the game if you do not enjoy it/ do enjoy it.
it is really going to change your mind whether you want to play it?

Now then in worst case Scenario wow is probably at 4.5 Million Subs at the moment.
that is my educated guess based on the Graph.
100% valid proof there.

Do you also recommend to use Noxxic to get started?
13/02/2016 12:17Posted by Annuvyn

Try this site instead...

https://realmpop.com/eu.html

even if every player has 8 toons (which is not the case) then EU pop is over 3 million.

I have 3 level 100 alts the lowest in my entire guild on my main server I have 2 more on other realms, the rest have upwards of 10 some have 30-40 on different realms.

Looking at those figures for a total population isn't worth it but there is a number which is just scary.

Number of players active on a given day at 100. At peak raid times It's been as low as 5000 across all classes in EU. That's not a reflection of subscribers though.

But it shows something else. The game is just crap right now.
13/02/2016 12:40Posted by Sariku
But still make more profit than they did when the game was at 12M

As someone who does invest in shares...This is not something I would like to hear in an investor call.

lets go for both numbers shall we.

The shop is generating the gap in margins....

estimated low of 3-3.5 million.
We have a low pool of players that can use the shop which is helping to keep the game afloat...not exactly ideal because that's a frankly low pool of players so when they run out of things to buy or something doesn't appeal it doesn't sell as well thereby reducing the flow of money.

At peak during Wolk Estimated pop of around 12.5million.
Now imagine there was a shop selling items like now back then for all of those players (4 times the number of players) to increase sales and value and income/profits for me as an investor. an item comes that isn't liked by many would still be bought by more than the current population of the game with a comparable flow of money to that which we are now seeing.

So I have to say, Investors if they aren't worried then they probably should be. I'd be utterly shocked to find investors weren't worried right now as from what I read on the boards some aren't exactly brimming with confidence.

Relative income from then to now can't be compared as the store didn't exist back then, But we could extrapolate that essentially what they just earned outwith subs could have been doubled by having a larger in game player base.

Each drop in player subs means a larger reduction in sales from the store.

12 million...drop 100k subs no real issue as store bought items is likely to remain the same to balance profits.
3million...drop 100k and you are looking at a major drop in store bought items to balance profits.
It's relativity at it's finest.
13/02/2016 13:15Posted by Orlen
13/02/2016 12:40Posted by Sariku
But still make more profit than they did when the game was at 12M

As someone who does invest in shares...This is not something I would like to hear in an investor call.

lets go for both numbers shall we.

The shop is generating the gap in margins....

estimated low of 3-3.5 million.
We have a low pool of players that can use the shop which is helping to keep the game afloat...not exactly ideal because that's a frankly low pool of players so when they run out of things to buy or something doesn't appeal it doesn't sell as well thereby reducing the flow of money.

At peak during Wolk Estimated pop of around 12.5million.
Now imagine there was a shop selling items like now back then for all of those players (4 times the number of players) to increase sales and value and income/profits for me as an investor. an item comes that isn't liked by many would still be bought by more than the current population of the game with a comparable flow of money to that which we are now seeing.

So I have to say, Investors if they aren't worried then they probably should be. I'd be utterly shocked to find investors weren't worried right now as from what I read on the boards some aren't exactly brimming with confidence.

Relative income from then to now can't be compared as the store didn't exist back then, But we could extrapolate that essentially what they just earned outwith subs could have been doubled by having a larger in game player base.

Each drop in player subs means a larger reduction in sales from the store.

12 million...drop 100k subs no real issue as store bought items is likely to remain the same to balance profits.
3million...drop 100k and you are looking at a major drop in store bought items to balance profits.
It's relativity at it's finest.

You are the worst investor ever if all you do is go by WoW subs, you do realise Activision-Blizzard, isn't just WoW right? You invest money in shares best on WoW sub numbers and from what you read on the boards? Have you read WoW's boards, you are a dipstick.
13/02/2016 11:03Posted by Pentarus

1.093.154 - EU
922.579- US
2.330.338 -worldwide

Have a nice day

Its done on lvl 100 chars and there progress .I for example have 15 lvl 100's and a load low lvls which are not counted so your count was a waste of time sorry to say .

why would u count all ur chars? like if u have an subscription on every char, i thibk these numbers could be realistic since every server is on low except 3.
13/02/2016 11:03Posted by Pentarus

1.093.154 - EU
922.579- US
2.330.338 -worldwide

Have a nice day

So? There will be like no difference anyway. Leveling is so *** easy andwith boost there is only few players with low level characters.

And i dont know how your but my server was high populated till WoD. Now it is ghost town.
Have a nice day!

don't mind the minuses, they are usally givin by scared players, who are affraid all theyre time into this game is about to be DEAD.
13/02/2016 10:58Posted by Kordakin
probably not the exact number, but there's no way that wow has more than 3 mil at this point, and it will only go down before Legion

good to see ppl who arent afraid of the truth
The game slowlly every day is dying and we all know it even blizz knows it. 3.5 mil is an increatible number after 11 years of this game. Blizz made a really good marketing stradegy with the releash of the movie and the free CD Keys and that those Keys are going to be valied just 15 days prior to the release of the Legion thag ensures that Legion is going to have a success. The hype from the movie for the new players and the feels from the old ones ia going to be enough for the rize od subs to double at list but those are the last and dying moments for the game. One thing remains to be done from blizz a vanilla server or expantion like the caverns of time. May the Elune be with us all!!
Not so smart to check the sub count when many players are at hiatus too, many have unsubbed until legion.
But even tough they have lost players WoW is still the most popular game so I can't see why people whine about this all the time, oh no WoW isn't as much superior as they used to be?