camera wont follow characters

Technical Support
the camera in game will not follow my characters

new install of wow
no addons
have deleted wtf cache and interface (this is a temp fix)

i deleted those three files and it works for one character after deleting them but after i logged on any of my others the issue came back is there any known fix for this or am i stuck with having to exit the game and delete files every time i want to change characters i have submitted bug reports about this but it has never been fixed

(the one character it works on is not a specific character its just the first one i enter world with)
What do you mean by 'not follow'? The camera is staying stationary as you walk away, as in, it stays on the same spot of the world?
the camera will auto adjust itself to face the same way you are facing like a kind of auto follow so you can see where you are going mine doesn't do this if the camera gets moved it will stay at that angle and wont adjust itself back to where it is supposed to be

(go in game turn the camera sideways then run forward the camera should move back behind you)

i have seen it caused by
logging in a different character
logging out and in on the same character
anything that causes loss of control
anything that you interact with to sit down like chairs/ 2 player mounts

the only temporary fix for this is deleting wtf cache and interface but this will only work on the first character you log on and will break as soon as you log out of it and has a chance to happen on anything i said above

i have had this issue for a few months but it has never been as bad as this
If you go to Interface > Camera what does it say under 'camera following style'?
I've honestly never heard of anyone's camera randomly changing that setting, but that's where you'd need to look to see what it says.
its set to follow when moving the setting doesn't change it just has no effect on the camera

iv never heard of anyone else having this problem either but i dont know what it could be its a fresh OS install and a fresh game install all drivers are up to date and everything
Hey Bokets

Please try the following:
- Close the game completely
- Go to the Battle.net Desktop App and then to Options > Game Settings.
- Scroll down to World of Warcraft and click on Reset In-Game Options.
- Click on Reset to complete the process. Then in Done

Run the game afterwards and check if the issue persists.
actually come to think of it after i reinstalled my OS and game some of the settings that mods changed are still in effect like loot/trade chat box being on one side of the screen and general chat at the other could some of these be conflicting with what the game setting is? i have no way to change these though as i have no mods installed

il try your suggestion i didnt see it when i wrote this
no luck with that suggestion i logged in one character and it worked logged out and in and it broke again
well im done i have tried everything possible on my end nothing is working swear this is on blizz side somewhere
Marked As Solution
GUYS I GOT IT i was looking over a thread about unresponsive cameras and i found one from 2013 (nice fix there blizz) ;)

i tried the home and end buttons for the next/previous view nothing happened then i noticed the button to set views i used a button to set view 1 and it works my camera is back to normal

heres a link to the thread that gave me the idea http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8704240907
Hey Bokets!

Glad you found a solution to this, I will admit it's not one of the first things I may have thought of but makes perfect sense.
In order to fix this, press these keys in this order:
Set View 2, Reset View 2, Save View 2, Set View 2

View 2 is the default view that WoW loads in.
29/12/2016 19:01Posted by Vincewouw

Do you mean Just Left click on it ?
23/05/2017 14:05Posted by Bollet
29/12/2016 19:01Posted by Vincewouw

Do you mean Just Left click on it ?

No, press they keybinds that the actions are bound to.
29/02/2016 11:43Posted by Tharemder
Hey Bokets

Please try the following:
- Close the game completely
- Go to the Battle.net Desktop App and then to Options > Game Settings.
- Scroll down to World of Warcraft and click on Reset In-Game Options.
- Click on Reset to complete the process. Then in Done

Run the game afterwards and check if the issue persists.

Not sure if this has been added since this thread, however Interface > Camera > Auto Follow Speed. It is a slider. I don't know how but my camera wasn't following my toon when turning (lagging behind a lot), im not sure what button I could have pressed to alter this outside of the interface settings but I did somehow.

Anyways, putting the slider to the "fast" setting sorted my problem out.
Hey Cheerspal,

Happy to hear that helped out, but please do not bump such old threads. Locking this old thread now, to prevent further bumps.