6.2.4 Lua API Changes

Interface and Macros
Prev 1 29 30 31 41 Next
I did mean that Korrina. Show we're all friends, but in funny hats and what have you.
Have this one instead, then: https://thedailygob.wordpress.com/2016/03/05/the-guardians-of-the-north-east/ - it even has Banthir in it.
No response still? Seriously? :(
Perhaps if we throw money at the issue, it'll get fixed?
We do that constantly. It's called subscription.
This is getting a little embarrassing now. Aerythlea, just tell us they're looking into it, just, like...respond, Its been..quite a while without an update. If this goes live without a response, I think that's pretty much the nail in the coffin, Blizzard is at a stage with subs that I would estimate a quarter of them now are from the EU. Can they -really- afford to alienate that sector of the playerbase with a lack of responses to concerns?

Blizzard need to up their game massively in the customer service department. Individual GM's are lovely, they'll still be lovely people I'm sure, when out of a job, or being poached by more successful companies.

Patience is like finance, you can earn it, you can lose it...Blizzard, in the EU, is in a deficit.

Some work is needed, for us to keep investing, so an update please, would be nice?
11/03/2016 02:44Posted by Brigante
Aerythlea, just tell us they're looking into it, just, like...respond, Its been..quite a while without an update.

If she has no further info to put forward there is no point her responding. Although as someone who has worked in CS I do understand the frustration. Sometimes even a "I'm still checking" message is enough. But she doesn't make the rules, she just has to abide by them.

Blizzard need to up their game massively in the customer service department.

Blizzard CS is normally excellent IMO.

Patience is like finance, you can earn it, you can lose it...Blizzard, in the EU, is in a deficit.

That could very easily be thrown right back at you.

Legion is a good few months off, maybe even six months. Stop with the hyperbole. If you don't get another answer in four weeks or so then start panicking.

That could very easily be thrown right back at you.

Legion is a good few months off, maybe even six months. Stop with the hyperbole. If you don't get another answer in four weeks or so then start panicking.

Customer service through GMs is decent compared to other games. PR on the other hand and communication with the customers through the official forums is an embarrassment compared to their competition.

Patience is pointless when results are never going to be forthcoming. It's like planting a toy car, expecting to grow a sausage tree to feed all of China. We can stare sternly at the flower pot until we turn grey, watering a piece of metal but nothing will happen. Every post here is just another drop in the pot.

I'm under the impression that the EU forums is a vestigial, withered limb staffed with a skeleton crew simply because they need to keep the site running. Nobody in a position of authority reads the EU forums which guarantees that it's nothing but an echo chamber for a grieved, ignored community so as to quarantine the noise. No answers are given, no attention is paid to concerns. Threads can get hundreds of thumbs up without a hint of recognition. Hell, one in the mage forum had over a thousand!

All we do on this end, in this very thread, is complain to each other and while it's cathartic in its own way it's in no way productive. If we want results, we must direct our concerns through Blizzard's new, sexy way of just barely acknowledging the customer: Twitter.
Once upon a time I RP'd as a tauren Argent Crusader. I tried attending several 'neutral' events. However, these were 99% Alliance, very often I was the only Horde character there.

I tried interacting with people. But all I ever got was the occasional /wave and nobody seemed to be arsed to translate what was going on in convos, so I just left.

Blizzard pls.
If she has no further info to put forward there is no point her responding. Although as someone who has worked in CS I do understand the frustration. Sometimes even a "I'm still checking" message is enough. But she doesn't make the rules, she just has to abide by them.

If there is a rule forbidding them from assuring customers that they are still looking into something for them, then it is a fairly poor rule, wouldn't you say?

No, part of it is excellent, part of it is woeful. My experiences with GM's have always been excellent, very professional, informative, extremely polite. The Experience with the EU Forums and the EU customers being kept up to date/informed via Blizzard's own channels? Abysmal, so they do need to up their game, part of their Customer service is excellent, part of it extremely poor.

11/03/2016 04:51Posted by Keg

Good to know five weeks is the acceptable time after which it is acceptable to be annoyed at a lack of response. I don't buy that I'm afraid, it does not take that long to get an answer from a company where your prime role in interaction with said company, is to do just that, and to disseminate said information to the customer base. If it does, something is seriously awry.

By information, I don't mean "Yes, we've fixed it" I mean any sort of response. A "Damn, we didn't realise it would upset so many people, we are looking into it" is equally as valid, we had that a week ago. Since then, nothing. As you say, you have worked in CS yourself, as have I, and one thing you don't do, is leave the customer uninformed, even if there is a lack in any development of what you are doing for them, you do not just leave them hanging, that is bad customer service in any industry I have ever worked in. That is all people are asking for here, the same level of customer service standard that you would expect anywhere else.
Still waiting.

Still.

Waiting.

I'd politely disagree. Considering part of our issue is that we don't feel we're being listened to by anyone, letting us know that someone from Blizzard is at least looking at this thread would be nice, even if it is only the community manager and not a developer. Knowing that our responses are being noted down would be reassuring. And yes, she has said we are welcome to keep leaving feedback, but this was about a full week ago now.

11/03/2016 04:51Posted by Keg

Its patch 6.2.4, it could drop fairly soon, not in "four weeks or so". I don't see what Legion has to do with anything, that would be patch 7.0 and we have a rough idea of when that's being released. If you want us to wait for the patch to drop before complaining, then no.
Hnngngngnh.
Why, are we waiting?
Thanks for the continued feedback so far. I don't have any further update at present, but I just wanted to let you know that your feedback is still being forwarded. As you've probably seen, I raised the post cap on the thread to facilitate this.

Rest assured that once I have any additional details, I will share them with you.
Thank you very much, Aerythlea!

We appreciate the update very much, even if it's just that there is nothing new. Nothing is more disheartening than feeling that no one listens at all -- so we really do appreciate it.
Thank you for the update it is very highly appreciated, Aerythlea.
Thank you, Aerythlea, its very much appreciated. Sorry if it seems like any of the anger towards Blizzard at the moment is being directed at yourself, its really not. We know you're doing your best, but its difficult not to be frustrated or worried about what's going on is all. Still, thank you!
Fyne's first post is explanatory.

But yes... It is time to remove the language barrier rather than increase it. In beta WoW (or was it at the very starting?), I was reading that the faction barrier wasn't as imposing as it is these days: you could even buff people and forsaken could speak common.

While I understand why those things were removed at the time, these days they are no longer required.
Please, do remove the language barrier. Thanks.
Thank you for speaking with us Aerythlea. Feel much better now.