Archimonde Vs Kil'Jaeden

Story
Well, as the tittle suggests... If there would be a fight between these two Eredar... Who would win? how difficult it would? What would they perhaps do? I personally in love with Archimonde, So i'm putting my money on him. But what do you guys think?
Kil'Jaeden. He is more intelligent and cunning, so if we assume they are balanced in terms of power, I would say the greater mind wins the match.
They are roughly equal ranked and equal in strength. The major difference lies in their attitude, tactics the way of handling problems.

Archimonde is a rude, arrogant and brutal Demonlord.

Kil'jaeden is a untrustworthy, shady, manipulative Demonlord.

They treat each other as brothers, and probably won't ever attack each other. But if I have to put money on 1 of them... I wouldn't be sure of it. But in the long run I think Kil'jaeden wins, because he will outsmart Archimonde.

Anyway, I like them both equally, they are one of my favourite characters in Warcraft 3, they were both portrayed as some sort of a god like being. I slightly favoured Archimonde over Kil'jaeden, but WoD literally killed my admiration for his great powers. His comeback is a disgrace to the WC3 Archimonde.
Given Archimonde has died twice now. It's likely his power levels have reduced due to the time it takes to regenerate. Kil'Jaeden will be vastly more powerful.
Kil'jaeden is more powerful in terms of total prowess, his ability to bend entire races to his will without too much effort, speaks in favor of his mental powers. Just look at how little effort it really took for him to get Gul'dan the Sellout to start a Fel Orc invasion of the human kingdoms and destabilize Azeroth.

But in a straight up brawl. Yeah Archimonde would must likely win. Mainly since he is more of a front line combat kind of a guy.

In a longer kind of battle Kil'jaeden would win, no matter Archimonde's strength Kil'jaeden could tire him out with endless minions sent against him as canon fodder.

In the end I suppose that the differences between them is akin to the difference between Destruction and Affliction warlocks. One is good here and now and the other works better over time.

Edit: Also I personally think that the reason that Archimonde has been defeated twice now, has more to do with him being on the front lines, more than anything. If Kil'jaeden went in with the fel troopers like Archimonde it would probably end the same.
Archimonde is brutal but cunning, Kil'Jaeden is cunning but brutal.

Sounds familiar, anyone??
In Rise of the Horde it is stated that Kil'jaeden is the more powerful of them, so I would bet on him.
It's silly and ignorant that some of you claim Archimonde isn't as vastly cunning as Kil'jaeden, because it's not true.
Archimonde was chosen to lead the whole might of the Legion, Kil'jaeden was chosen as being the recruiter and assimilator, his task is to bring new races into the Legion to always improve their military might and ways to spread chaos and destruction more efficient.

13/04/2016 10:00Posted by Lorhaeus
Kil'jaeden is more powerful in terms of total prowess, his ability to bend entire races to his will without too much effort, speaks in favor of his mental powers

This is nothing more than just a flat out lie. He isn't at all known for his mental abilities, not in the way for example the Old God's or the Lich KIng excelled at mental powers, no.
Kil'jaeden and Archimonde were arcane sorcerers that were turned into demonic lords. Don't trust too much in the oldest books compared to todays's lore.
Both of these demon lords use their cunning and their unmatched powers over Fel, but also arcane and void at times.

Archimonde, since he leads the Legion's military might and often even joins in, he has shown to surpass Kil'jaeden in destructive magics and more offensive magics, while Kil'jaeden who has a different purpose, masters magics of deception and illusion better than Archimonde.
And these specializations fits them, since Archimonde easily loses his temper when things don't go as planned or minions fail.
While Kil'jaeden's is calmer and more forgivable.

On the other hand, Kil'jaeden has used the Legion's resources to scour the universe for any signs of the Draenei, something that isn't part of the Legion's official campaign directly.
This is Kil'jaeden's own personal vendetta and his biggest weakness, since he can't let grudges go.
Archimonde is alot more ambitious than that and always looks for more power sources to consume and secretly harbours a burning desire to soon even overthrow his absent master, the Dark Titan spirit Sargeras or atleast absorb enough power to overthrow him.

But to claim that one is more powerful than the other is hard to say. In WoD, when Kil'jaeden fails to corrupt the orcs, Archimonde with his military might, takes over the operation without Kil'jaeden being able to dispute it.

But they together have ruled the Legion for thousands of years and are considered brothers. Kil'jaeden just rarely leaves Argus in the flesh like Archimonde and therefore Archimonde naturally since he is often the very last demon that arrives on each planet before he destroys them, also get's to reap all the benefits from consuming all the magical sources and such.
And, until lately, Archimonde has always seemed like the one who had been the most fel-infused of the two but still being able to maintain his godlike stature.

While Kil'jaeden looks more liked a wretched demon with his latest model. And honestly, is his wings even real? Since we have seen no other Man'ari have them and these two demon lords can alter their size and shape and Kil'jaeden, being the manipulator he is, I wouldn't be suprised if he shows himself in different forms depending if he's facing his fellow demons or some race he is about to corrupt.
13/04/2016 10:00Posted by Lorhaeus
In a longer kind of battle Kil'jaeden would win, no matter Archimonde's strength Kil'jaeden could tire him out with endless minions sent against him as canon fodder.

Weird, since since Archimonde commands the whole of Legion's military might, including the Dreadlords, Pit Lords among others, Kil'jaeden has shadow priests and other who I can't remember, who follows him.

They built their own hierarchy's of demons they need for their respective assignments.
Archimonde is just as cunning as Kil'jaeden. Archimonde, unlike Kil'jaeden, started from nothing. He was a mere student of Thal'kiel. He rose through the Eredar's ranks thanks only to his intellect. He backstabbed his master Thal'kiel (who planned to take over Argus) by revealing Thal'kiel's plans to Kil'jaeden and Velen. At the same time, he tricked Kil'jaeden and Velen into believing he was a genuinely good guy (He wasnt. He adored Demons). So he was able to deceive both Thal'kiel and the Eredar leadership. And he got away with it. He became one of Argus' leaders alongside Kil'jaeden and Velen. Archimonde is extremely intelligent, the problem is that he's arrogant and foolhardy. Whereas Kil'jaeden understands his own limits and does not underestimate his opponents (for example, when he sent Illidan to deal with the rising threat of the Lich King), Archimonde is too full of himself. This would be the greatest difference between the two. Kil'jaeden rarely underestimates his enemies, while Archimonde is too careless and foolhardy. Times and times again that proved to be his downfall. Specifically during the Third War. Had Archimonde been more careful, for example by sending his army ahead of him, i believe the Legion would've won and Malfuron's plan would've failed.

They are both powerful. They just have different tasks. Archimonde is charged with destroying the Legion's enemies, whereas Kil'jaeden must assimilitate the various races of the Universe into the Legion (since most mortals can be turned into Demons if they are infused with a large quantity of Fel magic). Both of them, however, are extremely vital to the Legion's success. We can see than now that Kil'jaeden is dead and Archimonde is either recovering in the Nether or dead himself, that the Legion is falling apart. Sargeras is strong. But without his Eredar subordinates, he cannot properly lead the Legion.

I know this thread was made one year before 7.2's release, but i wonder if some of you still believe Kil'jaeden to be smarter than Archimonde after he was written so poorly in Patch 7.2.
Chronicles says that Kil'jaeden is stronger.
Wow Sylaz, I thought you were a warlock, not a necromancer...
27/07/2017 11:53Posted by Mokruk
Wow Sylaz, I thought you were a warlock, not a necromancer...

My skills are many ;) I've raised a few corpses in my days with Fel-based rituals, unlike the traditional necromancy that Kel'Thuzad taught.

27/07/2017 10:39Posted by Суренч
Chronicles says that Kil'jaeden is stronger.

Yeah, because one writer thought so centuries ago. If Kil'jaeden was stronger per se, he would be higher ranked (which of course people claim) and that was true, yes, after Archimonde was DEAD. And Sargeras spirit lingering god knows where, so Kil'jaeden automaticly became the acting Supreme Commander.

But in WoD, we see that they are truly equals in stauts. And frankly, who do you think holds more sway in the entire Burning Legion? Their supreme military commander or their recruiter?
Unlike Kil'jaeden (who I also admire, its not about that) but Archimonde actually plans the invasions with his closest advisors/tacticians(the Nathrezim) and his highest ranking generals (Mannoroth or whoever is next in line when he is dead).

Archimonde plans his invasions, he orchestrates them and he enjoy's taking actual part in them on the battle field when the invasion has come far enough for them to be able to summon him there.

On Alternative Draenor, Kil'jaeden for once, due to his irrational grudge against the Draenei (and his biggest weakness) insisted on leading the invasion of Draenor. In the main timeline, this was actually a success.
However, in the alternative one, Gul'dan failed to corrupt the orcish Horde and turn them into the force of Destruction it was meant to be.

And Archimonde lost his temper and effectively removed Kil'jaeden from the operation and took over it himself. If Archimonde would've been below him in rank, he would never have had that authority over him.

They are both like brothers, but so fel corrupted that they alwayts hunger for more sources of power.
Due to their positions, Archimonde and Kil'jaeden each built their own hierarchy of demons that acted as if competitors. Pit lords, doomguards, and eminences served under Archimonde and the dreadlords, while risen terrors and shadow priests followed Kil'jaeden.
27/07/2017 10:30Posted by Munwe
Archimonde is just as cunning as Kil'jaeden. Archimonde, unlike Kil'jaeden, started from nothing. He was a mere student of Thal'kiel. He rose through the Eredar's ranks thanks only to his intellect.

This is what I admire about him. I love their story, both Archimonde's and Kil'jaeden's, but Archimonde really came from nothing.

27/07/2017 10:30Posted by Munwe
Kil'jaeden rarely underestimates his enemies, while Archimonde is too careless and foolhardy. Times and times again that proved to be his downfall. Specifically during the Third War. Had Archimonde been more careful, for example by sending his army ahead of him, i believe the Legion would've won and Malfuron's plan would've failed.

Honestly, the fall of the Legion and Archimonde during the Third War would've never happned without the Lich King's betrayal.
The Lich King orchestrated it all behind the scenes, by sending Arthas to lure Illidan to take out Tichondrius instead of letting Arthas do it.

When Ner'zhul was transformed into the spectral Lich King, his mind and mental powers was expanded a thousand fold! We cannot even begin to understand how vast and massive a mind like that is. It's like an Old God's mind.
And during all this time planning the invasion, Ner'zhul spent alot of time with the Dreadlords, learning everthing he could about them and probably alot about Kil'jaeden too.

See, Kil'jaeden had to invest a great amount of power to create the Lich King and grant him those powers, in order for him to be able to control an infinite amount of undead.
This would later backfire on the Demon lords, since they themselves haven't ever been mention to even possess so tremendous mental powers themselves.

So without Ner'zhul scheme and his ability to forsee the future (since his time as a farseer and shaman) and letting Illidan take out Tichondrius, who would've seen the trap and finally Ner'zhul also knowing the mortal forces would play their part, the Legion would've prevailed.
Archimonde was used to destroy world after world no matter how much resistence they would put up, they always fell against their armies.

So their loss in the Third War was quite a shock for them. This would later lead to a desperate and rushed attempt that failed again with Illidan and Kael'Thas and eventually Kil'jaeden himself.
27/07/2017 17:31Posted by Sylaz
So their loss in the Third War was quite a shock for them.

I don't know how big the shock. They already had their tails kicked by night elves in war of Ancients.
28/07/2017 07:45Posted by Cipmt
27/07/2017 17:31Posted by Sylaz
So their loss in the Third War was quite a shock for them.

I don't know how big the shock. They already had their tails kicked by night elves in war of Ancients.

Yeah, ten thousand years ago. This time, they had the Scourge which was their most effective weapon than any other they used before. It devoured all mortal defenses, and they combined the Scourge forces with the the demonic ones.

Archimonde himself says that if he knew this mortal resistence wouldve been so weak, he would've launched this invasion centuries ago.

So yes, it was a very big shock. And the only reason the Night Elves won the last time was due to pure luck, they contributed to the Well's giant portal to collapse and when it did, it created a massive vortex in the portal that consumed it surroundings, drawing both Archimonde and many of the high ranked demons back to the twisting nether.
13/04/2016 08:08Posted by Zyilus
Given Archimonde has died twice now. It's likely his power levels have reduced due to the time it takes to regenerate. Kil'Jaeden will be vastly more powerful.

I'm surprised any demon is willing to follow these two losers after so many failures.
Archie for example, got his !@# handed to him by a newbie Draenei, a mage, an orc with anger issues and a bunch of puggers.

*throws holy water at WoD*