Argent Dawn
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
29/03/2016 20:32Posted by Languish
29/03/2016 20:01Posted by Lionsgaze
i don't know which is funnier. Thammaron's stupidity or the Crown Bulwark's sad attempt at using the situation to repair their irreparably !@#$ public image that originated from being a %^-* guild

I'd say it's a solid fifty-fifty.

Love you, Jack - Ambjorn.

I was disappointed when I saw your tag : (.
O-oh dear.
Thammaron being so rekt rn.
Thammaron, mate... do you know the definition of insanity? It's to do the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. People will again not want you in their guilds, or to roleplay with you, save for a few who don't know your reputation yet.... either seriously retcon your char to not be a walking demigod, or suffer the same treatment again. This is to save both you and a good numer of other players alot of headaches.

Also darn, at this rate, Stormwind's President will rise again aswell.
29/03/2016 20:42Posted by Lionsgaze
29/03/2016 20:32Posted by Languish

I'd say it's a solid fifty-fifty.

Love you, Jack - Ambjorn.

I was disappointed when I saw your tag : (.

I'm in it for the banter man, the banter.
29/03/2016 22:41Posted by Hargorin
either seriously retcon your char to not be a walking demigod, or suffer the same treatment again.

Godmodding for myself is where there is no possible way for an individual to "win" against a certain scenario or individual. A character and their abilities and spells must be fairly balanced out in order to make combat against them difficult yet enjoyable for those involved within it. Similarly to a Game Developer making a Boss for a game difficult, enjoyable yet possible to beat. Creating a character for the sole purpose of being the most powerful with an impenetrable defence is not fun, nor does it constitute good Role-play in my opinion.

One example I could provide is how Dewiniaeth has a potent barrier called Frost Armour which is a passive Barrier that can active upon entering combat and can block a total of three potent physical or magical attacks including mental attacks made upon him.

Dewiniaeth is a fairly balanced character which poses a difficult, yet fun challenge to encounter within battle. Contrary to common belief Dewiniaeth is not a Deity nor is he a Demigod but in actuality no different from your run-off-the-mill Arcanist although is rather knowledgeable, wise and rich with experience from the character development he underwent to get where he is today. As a result he is capable of utilising the use of Arcane Magic to it's fullest extent in creative, unique and unorthodox ways.

If he was truly as godly and powerful as many would perceive and portray him to then not only would he be a fairly boring character with little to no room for further development but would probably be using Impenetrable Barriers impervious to all manner of attacks where as you can clearly see with Dewiniaeth's Frost Armor that is not the case as it can only block three powerful attacks at the most and can be dispelled easily to negate it entirely.

This is but one example I have pointed out in a weakness in Dewiniaeth's defence which is easily exploitable when your character knows how. I.E a Spellbreaker, Voidmancer, or hell even a Priest that can use their various kinds of magic to break his shield. There are plenty more to find if for those that are willingly to just closely examine him carefully and prepare before hand attempting to attack him.

But here's a little theories of mine that some of my friends have pitched and came to conclusion upon.

It would seem most people are too shallow to look beyond their creation to really examine their opponent's profile carefully enough to get an idea of what the individual's strength, flaws and weaknesses are to be able to aid their own character in identify them to make it easier for them to defeat.

From discussing the topic with my friends and acquaintances we have came to the conclusion that most people within Argent Dawn like to think of their characters as undefeated and as such expect everything on a silver platter with their opponents to fall swiftly by the attacks sent at them.

When things don't seem to go their way they will proceed to do the impossible and pull off seemingly impossible feats to Lol themselves out of certain tight situations or proceed to complain Out of Character claiming the individual's character to be overpowered, or godmodding although what they have done was within reason and their character fairly balanced.

But that's just a theory.

Before he deletes.

2 minutes the post lasted.
f he was truly as godly and powerful as many would perceive and portray him to then not only would he be a fairly boring character with little to no room for further development but would probably be using seemingly infinite Impenetrable Barriers impervious to all manner of attacks where as you can clearly see with Dewiniaeth's Frost Armor that is not the case as it can only block three powerful attacks at the most and can be dispelled easily to negate it entirely.

This means then, that a simple dispell magic spell can unravel all his defences without trouble? After which he would be as vulnerable as anyone else?

Edit: Unfortunatly, it seems like Thammaron can not stand by what he says, why else would he delete it?
Ugh, constant OG threads, WPvPers from other realms, now Thammaron threads are back. The forums are pure dog !@#$ these days. I open the page expecting something good but my hope is swiftly dying
30/03/2016 00:19Posted by Theramonde
This means then, that a simple dispell magic spell can unravel all his defences without trouble? After which he would be as vulnerable as anyone else?

Mhm, it's that simple.

So long as your own character has legitimate knowledge of the energy used to create the spell and how to cast the spell itself I'm certain a skilled Spellbreaker, Priest or Voidmancer would be able to successfully dispell his barrier with relative ease.

Or one could happen to drop a plagued rat into his dinner. Profit.
It doesn't matter. The OP proclaimed himself as having been slain, he was slain, by every manner of being slain, they were slain, unless you want to take some "They were something otherworldly" as evidence they were not slain. Having actually discussed with said person, they did not know Lore beyond their own "I can be this" And had no idea of Alliance Lore,

Thammaron is dead. There is no Dewiniath Leystrider, and can you please stop using a Horde Alt to post these things in the first place, as if that gives it some manner of complicity, as it does not. I appreciate its tag teamed in, but still, See an Idiot, Call out an Idiot...

The OP is, by their own criteria, deceased, and cannot raise jack !@#$. Apart from a chuckle when they post.

The Crown Bulwark, well...frankly, that's an Alliance Problem, I hate to be that Cop turning away from an obvious case of domestic abuse, but....have you ever considered moving somewhere else? Should you have to? Hells no, but realistically, when the Alliance community keeps saying "I know they hurt us, but they love us" That's not a sensible place to be.

Until the Alliance community realises they don't -have- to put up with that, then...why put up with it?

Its startling, and a little...well, no, a lot reminiscent of Stockholm Syndrome.
http://i.imgur.com/IvFRpxj.png
You know what bothers me the most about the Bulwark?

Kayera's overly elaborate style of RP. It's like twice as bad as Shonn. You cannot have a conversation with her IC. She crams out 6 paragraphs of emotes just to say "Hi.". I am not frickin' kidding.

"Hello."

<10 minutes of typing.>

Kayera: 6 paragraphs of emotes with alot of unnecessary thesaurus words crammed in everywhere. "Hail."

If you think making your emotes overly flowery and typing out dragged out paragraphs makes you a good RPer, you are dead wrong. Try reading a book for a change. Do writers do this? No. They know when to keep it brief, they know when to be detailed. Kayera does not. She just spams and spams and spams, and if she was a fast typer, OKAY, but she literally takes 10 minutes to type out this emote-garbage.
30/03/2016 00:57Posted by Brigante
Thammaron is dead. There is no Dewiniath Leystrider

Soulstone, Phylacteries and Necromancy can a rather messy business, as the individual is weakened each time their soul is split into fragments and imbued into an item which it can be stored within that also runs the possibility of further weakening the individual than they currently are if said item were to be destroyed where as Dewiniaeth knows of a far more effective and efficent method of going attaining eternal immortality.

The Ethereal had found themselves a way to anchor their soul, their essence to the Twisting Nether much like Demons among other things granting them, as Illidan Stormrage said himself an immortal soul. If another were to anchor their own soul in a similar manner to another plane of existance or another realm as they had then they too would become immortal and could only be slain in the realm their soul was anchored to such as the case when the Cenarion Circle had banished Ragnaros whose soul was anchored to the Firelands and only there were they able to permanently slay him.

In short: Even if Dewiniaeth were to have died, It wouldn't have been the last they would see of him as he processes a close circle of friends which would willingly summon him back using the Ritual of Summoning back into Azeroth once he has died.

Archmage Dewiniaeth Leystrider is alive and well although it would seem you're trying to convince yourself otherwise. Regardless the character of Archmage Dewiniaeth Leystrider is my own intellectual property and as such you honestly have no say nor any business with what I do with it.

This was established before hand of his supposive death explaining the bizzare circumstances in which he died at the time of it happening and there isn't anything you can honestly say to suggest otherwise. It would be as futile as arguing that Blizzard's own lore is incorrect with them where as they being the actual creators of the Lore and it's characters know better.

Allow me to explain a few things here.

Phylacteries are the tools of Liches. No other undead use them, not even Arthas, the mightiest of them all. Liches also come in a very specific form (floating skeleton), which is why they can even use a phylactery to begin with. Since Dewiwinaeirti isn't a floating skeletor-looking bastard who used to be a boss, I believe we can safely disregard phylacteries from that list of yours.

Ethereals are not bound to the Nether, demons are. In fact, ethereals aren't even immortal - when you kill one, they stat dead. The only thing ethereals have bound their souls to are the bandages they use as a body, after Dimensius nommed their real ones. That is why ethereals "explode" as their death animation, as their souls leave the bandages and are then ripped apart and left without form.

So then, Demiwitti can't 'anchor his soul' to the Nether. In fact, neither can warlocks. The only way for a mortal soul to do so is to become so much demon that their souls absorb fel energies. Illidan's soul is essentially that of a demon, as are the souls of very, very powerful demon hunters, but no one else. Not even "medium" illidari, who are still much more demon than nearly anyone else.

Finally, soulstones. At most they have had a thirty minute duration, which means that Dwemerlicious must've had his soul stored twice every hour. Secondly, even if he managed that, ressing via soulstone is done on the spot, and within a certain number of minutes.

I assume you have taken all this into consideration, and will work to reform your lore accordingly!
Seriously mate?
You know that the 'edit' button is a thing that exists right?
Thammaron does not understand WoW lore.