Possible to become a DeathKnight?

Argent Dawn
12/04/2016 10:35Posted by Koriandr
The issues with raising one now would, in my headcanon, mostly be a problem of getting enough power in one place to do it properly.

Just dump the corpse in the Sunwell.

Worked for Kel'thuzad!
Jelanii here was a priestess in the Triumvirate of O'ros back in the day, but was killed and raised by three necromancers during a series of events. At any rate, we went with her resembling the Acherus DKs on account of them being the more recent Scourge creations in that regard, and that the knowledge of how to make more ought to still float around within the Cult of the Damned.

So in my opinion, years ago as well as now, it ought to be possible with the right people performing the rites.
12/04/2016 20:20Posted by Jelanii
Jelanii here was a priestess in the Triumvirate of O'ros back in the day, but was killed and raised by three necromancers during a series of events. At any rate, we went with her resembling the Acherus DKs on account of them being the more recent Scourge creations in that regard, and that the knowledge of how to make more ought to still float around within the Cult of the Damned.

So in my opinion, years ago as well as now, it ought to be possible with the right people performing the rites.
For some reason I find nothing wrong with this. It sounds plausible even though we've seen nothing like it in-game before.
12/04/2016 22:01Posted by Rottusk
For some reason I find nothing wrong with this.

Nor do I tbh. It's close enough to established lore to make it plausible, though in reality unconfirmed.