Fishing bot

Customer Support
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but using fishing bot is bannable or not?
Using anything that automates can get you banned.
16/03/2016 20:29Posted by Nyshae

Wasn't one of the ban waves a few months back getting people who used a fishing bot?
16/03/2016 21:34Posted by Omachi
16/03/2016 20:29Posted by Nyshae

Wasn't one of the ban waves a few months back getting people who used a fishing bot?

Y'arly.
Hello Varmenbork,

As said above, anything that automates your gameplay is against our Terms of Use. You can review all of our legal documentation here.

17/03/2016 12:15Posted by Trainwrek
'Could get you banned' I reported 2 rogues bot farming in Townlong and nothings happened. I've watched them get 100k and 200k achievements in 11 days. Their main account is laughing.

This type of investigation is complex and takes time. To think nothing is done would be unwise. Every report received is looked into.

Thank you for helping Azeroth become a better place :)

I get you OP.

The only reason I would bot! But I like my account.
Ok so now my friend is using a fishing bot and i've told him it's bannable but he doesn't listen to me..he says that it used windows API or something like that so it is undetectable. Is that true?
Bot makers tend to create any kind of bots whether it be rotation, interrupt, fishing, mining and claim they are undetectable.

However what Blizzard does is when it detects a bot it investigates said player and bot to ban them later in waves, so that means even if someone reports a botter they may not get banned until the investigation of how the bot behaves are done and if said player is truly guilty and not just a dedicated fisher.

So in the end, it's not 'undetectable' merely not yet acted upon as said above. The issue is well explained at this point though~
But how could blizzard know if someone is using a bot that behaves just like i do? The guy is bullheaded and i just wanna have the proof to convince him that it's bannable.
18/03/2016 17:59Posted by Varmenbork
But how could blizzard know if someone is using a bot that behaves just like i do? The guy is bullheaded and i just wanna have the proof to convince him that it's bannable.

They're not going to tell you - or anyone - the detection process.. ever since MMOs became popular enough for bot developers to profit from game developers have had to try and find ways to detect bots, and both the methods of detection and the bots themselves are constantly changing. That's part of the problem.

If he wants 'proof' he can search for forum posts of people that got banned for botting, any kind of botting can get you banned. But if your friend does get banned at any point (seen people on this forum complain they got banned for using a fishing bot for, allegedly, only a few minutes a few months before the ban) he can't really say he wasn't warned. It's a risk, in any game, that I frankly don't understand people taking. Either play the game or don't.
18/03/2016 17:59Posted by Varmenbork

We're not going to discuss how our bot investigations are done, nor anything related to this, for obvious reasons.

As there's nothing else to add to this topic, I'm locking it.