Heirlooms have ruined WoW!

General
08/04/2016 08:46Posted by Blazex
1. Heirlooms make all the thousands of Gear made for low levels pointless
2. Heirlooms make the world less populated because you spend less time in the zones.
3. Heirlooms keep you from learning how to use your class spells.
4. Heirlooms Take away most of the challenge from the game.
5. Heirlooms ruin dungeon runs for new players, because they don't even need to help.
6. Heirlooms take away from the different look players get from leveling gear gained from the zones.
7. Heirlooms make repairing pointless.
8. Heirlooms take away from needing help.
9. Heirlooms take away from the value of getting gear you can AH.
10. Heirlooms encourage the Go Go Go mind set,
11. Heirlooms make it harder for blizzard to keep content relevant.
12. Heirlooms make everyone the same.
13. Auction house has been ruined as all gear is worth nothing since heirlooms are better
Exactly! Unfortunatly some people arent either that smart to see. And like to play as zombies with heirloom, instead of in a enjoying way and put effort into it.
Or most are the newby generation. Who wants there char to be epic fast! Im sure the real die hard players know what it can be like without and that it was much more fun and good.
Offcourse there will be some who like heirloom.
But with a little brain, you can see and know, what they ruin to the game!

Apologize if my english sucks hehe.
You know that you can edit your posts.
nice necro post and guess what you dont have to wear them .
22/11/2017 02:11Posted by Yaztromo
nice necro post and guess what you dont have to wear them .

Aye... reported, beating a dead horse "issue" -- will get locked soon enough.
Ewww... It always makes cringe whenever I see old replies of my own on necro threads. Please for the love of god let them stay forgotten. >.<
I do agree heirlooms partially destroyed the leveling experience.
However the addition of % experience gains is a welcomed feature. One of the solutions I really liked in Wod was the experience gain potions you could buy from the garrison vendor. I just wish that experience gains were solely gained from potions like these with some kind of ingame currency gained while questing. This way players would HAVE to quest and use these potions for dungeons afterwards. They should make it so that those potions last for 2 days or something.

I also really hated the fact that the awesome warrior tier 1 gear is now seen as noob gear and you really can't transmog into it because you would look like a noob.
Why did they have to do that to warriors no other class tier 1 got butchered like this...

Why not just remove the tier 1 "of might" look from those items and give them regular stormwind soldier or orgrimmar grunt looks. This way it would make it more militaristic and give players a sense of faction pride whilst leveling. Instead of ruining an awesome tier set

All I can say is MAKE WARRIOR TIER 1 GREAT AGAIN!!

I also think the reason why Blizzard doesn't remove this mistake is because other players will rage because they put a lot of gold into these heirlooms by either buying, farming or upgrading them. I also got a lot of upgraded heirlooms but if I would get the same amount of gold back that I've spent on it I wouldn't mind.
06/04/2016 09:09Posted by Ananda
There's an easy solution ... remove the bonus stats from heirlooms but leave the levelling bonuses.

I'd hate such a decision with burning passion. You, sir, are out of your mind!
06/04/2016 07:57Posted by Blazex
In pvp everyone has the exact same gear so joining a battleground just becomes a repetitive sequence of seeing the exact same types of people.

Gear uniformity is good for competitive spirit. Besides, is it the custom that twinks and people with heirlooms are sorted into their own battlegrounds? Aren't premades pitched against other premades?
Are people trying to make a point that they would really dig the Necromancer class?
I have been playing World of Warcraft ever since Vanilla and i feel that those were the days where you could truly enjoy leveling up. However nowadays whenever I think of leveling up I feel depressed. Ever since the Lich King, Heirlooms have been introduced and frankly they have completely destroyed the beauty of leveling up and even PvP has become a mess. Before WOTLK, you had the excitement of looting new gear and progressing as a player. Nowadays people just buy a full set of heirlooms and farm xp all the way till level 100. Now, it would be easy to just say "if you dont like heirlooms dont use them"... However, it is impossible to enjoy the game when you see level 1's running around looking like level 100's. In pvp everyone has the exact same gear so joining a battleground just becomes a repetitive sequence of seeing the exact same types of people. I dont really understand the meaning of adding all the content that Blizzard has created in WoW (regarding gear) just to introduce Heirlooms and destroy all the value for it. To solve this problem, there is a simple solutions. I would suggest making separate realms only for people who are actually interested in leveling up and enjoy the thrill of getting new gear and for people who enjoy the competitiveness of getting better gear for PvP. These bunch of realms would have no Heirlooms involved whatsoever and would not be interlinked with any other realms which did have heirlooms. This is a simple thing for Blizzard to do is it not? And im sure it would save many subscribers from leaving as i know of many people of share the same opinion. How else can we solve this issue?

Easy option Go play classic
06/04/2016 08:19Posted by Gilrom
Before WotLK, we didn't have 100/110 freaking levels to climb to reach the end game.

And yet, leveling to 60 in vanilla take much longer than getting to 110 in legion....

Besides, everyone gets a free ding to 100 so they can jump into new content immediately with a new character.
22/11/2017 05:33Posted by Ruchan
Gear uniformity is good for competitive spirit.

It depends what you want to compare.

If you want to compare skills, basically "I won because I know my class/your class/pvp in general better than you", then gear uniformity, class uniformity, level design uniformity, etc... Is a good thing.

If you want to compare dedication, then, "I won because I'm more dedicated than you", gear imbalances are a good thing.
Aren't Heirlooms just a means of mechanic to aid people that are only interested in the top level content to reach it quick?
I have been playing World of Warcraft ever since Vanilla and i feel that those were the days where you could truly enjoy leveling up. However nowadays whenever I think of leveling up I feel depressed. Ever since the Lich King, Heirlooms have been introduced and frankly they have completely destroyed the beauty of leveling up and even PvP has become a mess. Before WOTLK, you had the excitement of looting new gear and progressing as a player. Nowadays people just buy a full set of heirlooms and farm xp all the way till level 100. Now, it would be easy to just say "if you dont like heirlooms dont use them"... However, it is impossible to enjoy the game when you see level 1's running around looking like level 100's. In pvp everyone has the exact same gear so joining a battleground just becomes a repetitive sequence of seeing the exact same types of people. I dont really understand the meaning of adding all the content that Blizzard has created in WoW (regarding gear) just to introduce Heirlooms and destroy all the value for it. To solve this problem, there is a simple solutions. I would suggest making separate realms only for people who are actually interested in leveling up and enjoy the thrill of getting new gear and for people who enjoy the competitiveness of getting better gear for PvP. These bunch of realms would have no Heirlooms involved whatsoever and would not be interlinked with any other realms which did have heirlooms. This is a simple thing for Blizzard to do is it not? And im sure it would save many subscribers from leaving as i know of many people of share the same opinion. How else can we solve this issue?

If you had played on Vanilla i am a DreadLord ................
If you dont like heirlooms just dont use them
06/04/2016 08:19Posted by Gilrom

Before WotLK, we didn't have 100/110 freaking levels to climb to reach the end game.

This.

Honestly, I hate heirlooms too but it would be impossible to level up a character in some reasonable time... The game created by Blizzard is ridiculous. 110 (one bloody hundred and ten!) levels is too much imho.... It makes no sense. I would say 90% of people buy level 100 boost anyway these days. Otherwise, they could go mad...
22/11/2017 08:21Posted by Clarencia

I hope my dungeon partners also take them off.
22/11/2017 08:29Posted by Tsjoh
22/11/2017 08:21Posted by Clarencia

I hope my dungeon partners also take them off.

You're right. This is almost impossible.
whiners have ruined wow i see them every thread so much salt ... it's wonder the forum has not sunk from all the crying
22/11/2017 01:46Posted by Emmarlie
Is this satire? Please tell me that this is satire.

Nope. But it's a pretty flagrant necro. With Classic servers announced necroing this thread is pure trolling. Not that I don't agree with the OP, but that's not the point. No like heirlooms, no wear heirlooms. Do dungeons solo or with others not using heirlooms. Schimple.