Trade channel or the lack of

Argent Dawn
New low for Argent Airheads, you can't possible make a trade in argent dawn trade channel, blizz need to take a serious look at this server. That is the truth.
26/03/2016 01:02Posted by Schanghuai
New low for Argent Airheads

I hope the term isn't a collective for all members of the realm. Starting up a complaint thread about aspects of the realm and looking to include the entire realm in an insult isn't the best strategy for constructive discussion. And if the intent is to generate some rage and butthurt, you may need a better insult.

you can't possible make a trade in argent dawn trade channel

Or, indeed, in just about any realm. Well, actually, in AD, and other realms you can, but there are always going to be those who are just lolling about. It's not unique to AD.

blizz need to take a serious look at this server. That is the truth. And the sex with minors at gold shire is only the half of it.

Certainly a most distasteful situation, but unfortunately Blizz are reactive rather than proactive. It means if there is something untoward going on and you find it obscene, abhorrent, and against the rules, the only way Blizz will get to hear of it is if you report it. And even then it isn't all that certain anything will happen. Blizz have demonstrated a rather lacking attitude to enforcing their own rules here, and that is something many if not most members of the realm aren't happy with, at least when they are subjected to it.

From the sounds of it, and assuming this isn't a bait thread (of which I'm giving the benefit of the doubt), you've come over and had a bumpy initial experience with the realm. I'm sorry to hear that. As a populous realm, we are naturally home to more of the things we don't want as well as home to more of the things we do. I hope such an experience hasn't been so off-putting that you just give up and leave. In giving the realm a deeper look, you'll see that most of the realm do not engage in these behaviours and are just as against them as you. And hopefully by scratcing the surface you'll see a realm and community that is so much better than that.
I don't think I've willingly been in Trade chat since Wrath.
Well thanks for the answer, but yeah i was asking how much he wants for the item and the guy just ignores me */ignore, and i can't even haggle or ask he's final price ? And then the spam and constant useless chat ? Trying to sell or buy anything is a nightmare it seems.
Went to a another server trying to sell stuff but that server -Xavius- is dead. Can't win.
Do NEVER judge the whole server for what happens in GOLDSHIRE! EVER!

Goldshire is its own Little bunghole existing and the majority of serious players stay clear from there.
Trade chat is used for other things than trade (that is no secret) after all it is a channel linked to every major city

but at the end of the day it is not as bad as LFG that channel might as well be renamed to global chat.
you just have to deal with people abusing the channels, they troll, ask questions and spread cancer memes that is just how the playerbase is.

There are trolls in trade but there are trolls everywhere, if some random person ignores you or refuse to haggle they clearly don't want to trade and you should just move on.
Yeah, the realm is fine bar a tiny percentage of let's just not discuss that lot which makes me even shudder. Though I will agree to the fact that Blizzard really do need to be more proactive in this sort of thing and help clear it out.

If only that they may have reporters check these realms out once the movie comes out and right now the things that do happen in Goldshire and other problematic spots could ruin the name and the IP overall, which means loss of business.

I'm just surprised they've not become pro-active on this at all and haven't done something already about it. Ignoring the situation won't work and could place the company in some legal hot water if it does blow up in their faces.
what can they even do about goldshire anyway?

I guess they could ban IPs, but I would advice against it as someone who lives on a collage campus, one bad apple can screw the entire school.
They can ban accounts I guess but I believe it is possible to play for free up to level 20 which is more than enough to enjoy goldshire. so nothing would stop them from making new accounts everytime.

They could block goldshire but then they would only spread the problem to other areas not to mention they would have to replace quest givers for the players that just pass through while leveling.
26/03/2016 03:45Posted by Schanghuai
Well thanks for the answer, but yeah i was asking how much he wants for the item and the guy just ignores me */ignore, and i can't even haggle or ask he's final price ? And then the spam and constant useless chat ? Trying to sell or buy anything is a nightmare it seems.

That's just trade chat for you, it's been like that since the dawn of time lol. It's mostly used for !@#$posting tbh.

(But I've had plenty of successful trades done via /2, so yeah.)
Low energy peeps will struggle to stay afloat in our trade chat, yeah.
Good sir, I come to you with intelligence that only the OGs could provide and introduce you to the mighty "Auction House", a recently new invention (11 years ago), of which it lets you- get this- PUT ON ITEMS.......AND BUY THEM TOO! Far superior to that channel of trolls.

In regards to Goldshire, it has no issues whatsoever.
For once I will take what the dwarf says seriously

He makes a point, however if OP wants to haggle finding a person outside of AH is the better option.

AH is nice if you want to sell something quick and without effort (at least it is to me, I don't know about the people who play the AH)

however if I want more controle over the price and a chance to sell it for something I deem it worth as, trade chat is the place to go.
whenever I use AH I often check what other people sell the items for. Sometimes they sell for dandy amount and in that case I add my item to the AH, in case of the item not selling very well i'll keep it until the next time i check just to see if the price have gone up to a point I deem it worth selling.

If I use trade chat instead I can set the price and haggle all I want.